F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Also can we talk about Roman "Head of the GDPA" Grosjean.
I like how he's swapped crashing for just being plain dangerous. :lol:

I was a bit shook when Lewis drove over some of the carbon fiber he left on the track, 3 laps from the end.

Him and Magnussen definitely add some seasoning to these races. They must be good at Mario Kart.

tbh Grosjean was lols in the netflix show but mans seems to be a bit of a danger out there, its like the 3rd incident I think for him in a couple weeks.

the only funny thing about it is being the head of the drivers association they go to him to complain about him 😂

Charles drove two laps unbuckled, before he retired. Wtf. Stupid and dangerous as ****
This must be a serious penalty.

If I had a dollar for every time the Brundles said "concertina effect" this weekend I'd buy my own F1 team :lol:

Still seeing a lot of Hammy fans give Seb a lot of ish, but Seb's been his biggest supporter of the BLM/racism movement.
Toxic fans staying toxic. :smh:

Still seeing a lot of Hammy fans give Seb a lot of ish, but Seb's been his biggest supporter of the BLM/racism movement.
Toxic fans staying toxic. :smh:
Can't really speak on other Lewis fans and there's always gonna be toxic elements in every fanbase but I've personally always respected his ability as a driver even at the peak of their rivalry. He was a legit phenom at RB and he's tried to make the most of a Scuderia team in freefall in recent years all while becoming a great ambassador for the sport.

He's gained another level of respect from me though off the track recently with him lending his voice and support of the movement recently especially as so many other drivers either don't care at all or are too timid to speak up as well.

Having someone of his stature in the sport along with Lewis can go a long way towards changing things and minds in F1 and he deserves props for taking what many in racing circles would consider a controversial stance.

Yea, F1 fans are toxic in a way I don't see in a lot of other sports.
I guess with only 20 drivers on the track there's less people to spread the hate on.

People keep forgetting these are the best of the best and they deserve respect. Even the pay drivers.
If I could drive an F1 car as fast as Luca Badoer I'll be a happy man for life.

That's the internet for you though. Toxicity everywhere.

I thought gamers were the worst then I got into photography. You thought console wars were bad wait till you see Sony vs Canon vs Nikkon. :lol:
After that I just realised it's everywhere and in everything and to just join communities like this one where we can have proper discussions about the sport.

I still don't understand how he's gotten away with it.

With the G forces these cars are pulling and the speed.
I'm not one for dishing out penalties but they should be fined for that.

With the way some people talk you would forget Lewis had success in Mclaren. It's like some mythical lost archives :lol:

Glad to see the video reference what a good job he's done from the beginning.

I still don't understand how he's gotten away with it.

With the G forces these cars are pulling and the speed.
I'm not one for dishing out penalties but they should be fined for that.

Kinda feels like he deserves a one race ban and Ferrari should be forced to run one car in Belgium, but that's Todtally not happening. He should have just hopped out of the car after the spin, he wasn't going to finish anywhere worthwhile regardless. The fact that his sector times after the spin were not far off the race leaders is pretty insane

Yea, F1 fans are toxic in a way I don't see in a lot of other sports.
I guess with only 20 drivers on the track there's less people to spread the hate on.

People keep forgetting these are the best of the best and they deserve respect. Even the pay drivers.
If I could drive an F1 car as fast as Luca Badoer I'll be a happy man for life.

That's the internet for you though. Toxicity everywhere.

I thought gamers were the worst then I got into photography. You thought console wars were bad wait till you see Sony vs Canon vs Nikkon. :lol:
After that I just realised it's everywhere and in everything and to just join communities like this one where we can have proper discussions about the sport.
Toxicity, unfortunately, is everywhere... every sport... everyday life. If anything, I'm glad social media wasn't around when my sports favs were in their prime in the 90's. Senna/Prost, Mika/Schumi... and other sports Agassi/Sampras, Griffey/other players. I would not have wanted to deal with that ish. We all made fun of Badoer back then, but ultimately, he was still "an F1 driver". How many others can say that?

The whole bit with Multi-21 did not sit well with me with regards to Seb. That and his crash with Webber at Turkey made me really dislike him. But if you see him in interviews and non-racing settings, he comes off as a really good and funny guy. And from what we've seen, a pretty decent person as well. Seems like he'd be a good guy to have a beer with.

Except for Nikon... we all know Nikon has the superior gear. 😆

As for Charles. I was thinking more on his seatbelt thing. As they have 6 point harnesses, my guess is that only 2 straps came unbuckled, so he wasn't completely unsecured. Also, given how low and flat they're sitting, you would move that much more forward under braking. Had he had a more upright seating position, like in a regular racecar, he would have felt the G-forces a lot more.

1597790810619.png

Toxicity, unfortunately, is everywhere... every sport... everyday life. If anything, I'm glad social media wasn't around when my sports favs were in their prime in the 90's. Senna/Prost, Mika/Schumi... and other sports Agassi/Sampras, Griffey/other players. I would not have wanted to deal with that ish. We all made fun of Badoer back then, but ultimately, he was still "an F1 driver". How many others can say that?

The whole bit with Multi-21 did not sit well with me with regards to Seb. That and his crash with Webber at Turkey made me really dislike him. But if you see him in interviews and non-racing settings, he comes off as a really good and funny guy. And from what we've seen, a pretty decent person as well. Seems like he'd be a good guy to have a beer with.

Except for Nikon... we all know Nikon has the superior gear. 😆

As for Charles. I was thinking more on his seatbelt thing. As they have 6 point harnesses, my guess is that only 2 straps came unbuckled, so he wasn't completely unsecured. Also, given how low and flat they're sitting, you would move that much more forward under braking. Had he had a more upright seating position, like in a regular racecar, he would have felt the G-forces a lot more.
Oh You Nikon. I'm Sony :lol:

I swear there's money to be made in doing social media reactions for old sporting events. Senna taking out Prost or Schumacher trying to take out Villeneuve would have spawned countless pages on forums and twitter threads.

As for Charles, the harness came undone and was loose somewhere in the cockpit. Very dangerous as it could've gone under the break pedal. He was asking for another harness on the radio

Turkey is about to be confirmed. Man as bad as this year has been, it's good to see some of these tracks back in action.

Turn 8 is going to be mighty with these new cars. Right front is going to take a beating.
Pirelli will be sweating

^ With so much downforce the cars are running nowadays, T8 will be easy and probably boring for the drivers. But will still be cool for the viewers. It'll def be interesting to see how the tyres will handle the load.

The last Turkish GP was in 2011! :wow: Where has all the time gone? Surely a lot of new fans will be introduced that Seb/Web crash... as well as Lewis vs Jenson!

Oh You Nikon. I'm Sony :lol:

I've been using Nikon since day-1 of my 'photography journey', but I kinda wished I had gone with Canon cuz Agassi was sponsored by them. 😅

Back
Top Bottom