F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

^ You're practically spending ClubSport gear money on the T500RS already. Might as well get the best. :lol: :tongue: Or the CSR Elite. Much better pedals compared to the T500RS (load cell vs. spring). Build quality is much better, too. CSR Value Pack XL should be better value than the G27, if you factor in the cost of the additional shifters and load cell brake. Thrustmaster products still look like toys to me.

T500RS F1 Integral

Fanatec Clubsport

But yeah, if you're using a console, particularly the PlayStation 3, the T500RS should be better suited to that.

Last edited:
^ Yup. But Fanatec wheels are slightly more expensive than Thrustmaster wheels. But you definitely see the justification in the difference in price. Although both are grossly overpriced. :x Most of the switches on the Thrustmaster F1 wheel are dummy switches, and there's no display or shift lights. The Fanatec Clubsport F1 rim has the shift light indicator, display for the menu, and all the switches work. You can adjust the travel of the paddle shifters on it as well, whereas it is fixed on the T500.

For how much the T500RS is going for over here, I could just buy myself a ClubSport wheel and pedal set for about the same cost.

Then you have the Frex and ECCI gear. Those are insanely ridiculous. :wow: :x

Last edited:
what?? i thought Thrustmaster were about 200-300usd and Fanatec was about 600-700usd
i'll check the price again if the price would end up pretty close, definitely i would go with Fanatec...

i dont have a set up yet but im preparing my budget for these things. looks like i have to wait much longer till i see my rig operates :lol: :lol:

The Thrustmaster T500 is roughly $500-600, I think?

Yup, and the F1 Integral T500 RS is about $650 on Amazon right now: Amazon product ASIN B005PPOBVO
That's why I said they were similarly-priced with Fanatec. Usually the lower-end Thrustmaster Wheels don't come with force feedback. :stoneface: Including that Thrustmaster F430 wireless wheel and that new 458 Italia wheel.

I wanted to take the thrustmaster into consideration but like zk1MPLS said the knobs arent functional and shuch, pus its a ferrari :x :lol:

also didnt know you could hook up the shifter to the clubsport wheels. Thought that was only for the CSR's and the porsche ones.

I just gotta make some room and figure out if to get a rig or stand for now...

@loonyrobert It says on their web page that league races are done on Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm going to shoot them an email to see if I can get more info.

All those prices of wheels and pedals :x :x :x :x :x :x :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

96887_o.gif

Had no idea Clubsport gear could be so expensive... but is it better than the T500?  I've demoed it and thought it was incredible!

Anyway, back to Singapore.  To be honest, the trick itself isn't particularly spectacular... a "point-&-squirt" track if you will, which some will not like.  Not a lot of flowing bits you usually see on proper race tracks.   But it's the setting that makes it special and unique.  Not only cuz of the lights, but also cuz the drivers are running on European-time, which makes it tricky.  Then there's the street-circuit nature, which has small run-off areas, meaning a smaller margin for error.  And of course, there's the heat and humidity factor. So as an overall package, it's a great challenge for the drivers.

^ That's what I'm trying to get at. The Marina Bay Street Circuit doesn't feel special to me. It doesn't flow well compared to the classic tracks (Spa, Monza, Suzuka, old Silverstone (still trying to get used to the new Arena layout :lol: )) on the calendar, IMO. More of just eye candy than a driver's track for me. I agree that the conditions will be challenging for the drivers. Was surprised to hear Lewis say back then that it requires twice the effort and concentration of Monaco. And that doesn't even factor in the possibility of a wet race.

As for the Fanatec wheels... I'm really curious how much better belt-driven wheels are compared to their geared counterparts. The G27 feels great, but the gear grinding noise it produces at 100% force feedback is quite annoying. In pCARS, 75% should be plenty strong and silent, whereas it can be annoying in F1 2011, where there is hardly force feedback, so you'd have to deal with the noise.

I wonder how the NJ track would be once complete comparable to Singapore or Monaco. I kinda like street tracks but thats cause its all eye candy to me. :lol:

Last edited:
And live on my TV... no streams needed! 
laugh.gif

Anyway, provisional 2013 calendar.  No Valencia... good riddance.

2013 Formula 1 calendar (Provisional)

March 17         Australia (Melbourne)

March 24         Malaysia (Sepang)

April 14         China (Shanghai)

April 21         Bahrain (Sakhir)

May 12           Spain (Barcelona)

May 26           Monaco (Monte Carlo)

June 9           Canada (Montreal)

June 16          America (New Jersey) *

June 30          Britain (Silverstone)

July 21          Germany (Nurburgring)*

July 28          Hungary (Hungaroring)

September 1      Belgium (Spa)

September 8      Italy (Monza)

September 22     Singapore (Marina Bay) *

October 6        Japan (Suzuka)

October 13       Korea (Yeongam) *

October 27       India (Buddh International Circuit)

November 3       Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

November 17      United States (Austin)

November 24      Brazil (Interlagos)

* subject to confirmation

still watching on the Sky Sports stream. Much better. :lol: :tongue:

New Jersey :smokin
Nurburgring :smokin

Wow. Only 7 European Grands Prix. :wow:

Sebastian Vettel's helmet :lol: Looks like something Kimi would wear, though. Lol.

Last edited:
^ Thanks, but I think its region-blocked.  I can't view the stream... 
ohwell.gif

Cool screen map from the Live-timing app... 

^ Cool app.

I don't think it's region-blocked; the Star Sports stream just isn't live at the moment. Sigh, they don't even show the GP2 Qualifying session. |I

Oh well. While the GP2 Qualifying is under way, I did a few laps around the Marina Bay Street Circuit to get reacquainted with the track. It doesn't flow that well, IMO, but you're definitely busy all throughout the lap. As you can see, my driving is all over the place. Missed apexes and gear changes. :lol:

Feel asleep midway through FP2. Up bright and early today, though! :lol:

Just checked out F1 2012 earlier using a game pad. Feels okay so far. Will spend more time on it using my rig later after work. Let's see how different it is from that Demo.

S. Vettel sweeps all three FP sessions. :x Hopefully he doesn't have the pace in qualifying in 2 hours' time. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom