F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Can't deny that Max has been very solid and getting the most out his tools.

No denying at all. He’s got the skill and talent. He got his car on lock and I expect a few more wins from him this season.

But no way better than Lewis as the better driver. Close for sure but still not the best on the grid.

Of course a changing of the guard will come eventually and Max, along with the other young drivers will have their chance to prove they are the best. But not currently.

giphy.gif

Excited for Alex!

Helmut Marko is brutal. :lol:
Horner and him lying about we'll keep Gasly until the end. Even I believed.

Good for Albon though, I'm happy about this and hopes he prospers at Red Bull.

Toro Rosso now going to be a pair of Red Bull demotees. :lol:

Really happy for Albon, looking forward to seeing how he performs in the Red Bull. Hopefully he isn’t putting too much pressure on himself, although I don’t know how one could not, in the current position he’s in.

Going to be interesting to see how Pierre does in this year’s STR compared to Daniil. He’s got to feel like he took the world’s biggest punch to the gut this morning.

Red Bull has done a lot for junior driver development... opened a lot of doors for these kids. But at the same time, at the business-end of things, they can be very brutal. We saw it with Danii Kvyat... and we're seeing it with Gasly. His confidence must be so low right now, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Funny how George Russell won the F2 championship last year but is sitting in the worst car.

Lando who got 2nd is in the best midfield car.

Albon who got third will now be driving one of the best cars on the field.

How does it work with the cars - they’re obviously developing something but what do teams get - a chassis that they can add engine and aero parts to?

It’s obviously not like a single manufacturer series but that sounds like F1 controls more than I thought.

F1 design rules are basically guidelines... your frontwing will have certain dimensions, your rearwing will have certain dimensions... and they can't be positioned above this level and so on. The 2021 guidelines will produce a car that sorta looks like that, but obvs each team will have their own interpretation of the rules... and as such, each team will try to find loopholes in the rules. Each team will have their own design philosophy and will produce their own chassis, aero parts, etc... and as such, will have their own distinctive look. Not sure what the standardized parts will be, but I think I heard transmissions, brakes and various internal bits. It won't, as I understand it, look like a single-manufacture racing series like the F2, F3, Super Formula, etc.

Thanks, that’s what I always thought but the stuff I’ve been reading made it sounds more homogenised. It makes sense that if the guidelines are comprehensive it makes the cars look similar from the outside.

I think F1 will move towards more standardized parts, but probably for internal bits.

All these renders look pretty cool.

ECmhxrLXkAE1NzP

No Vettel on this fan list and Max is #1? Lol.

Or course Lewis is #2, not the best driver on the grid, right? But with the best car. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom