F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Mostly boring race, but what an ending! :pimp: The difficulty in overtaking helped Seb this time... was expecting another Spa incident to happen -excellent tyre management this time, though.

Gasly doing well... then takes a shot at Fernando on the radio :rofl:

Daj28weXcAAq8zY.jpg large.jpg

:pimp:

:lol: I don’t think I favor a team, I’m still getting a grasp on the sport and drivers etc etc.

But that is a dope illustration :lol: :pimp:

It’s weird because as a fan of cars, it’s hard to pick a team. I like, can I be a Ferrari fan if I buy a Mercedes? :lol:

I'm kinda like that. As a McLaren fan, I'll never buy a Ferrari! Ok, not that I can afford one in the foreseeable future, but you know what I mean! :lol:

I'm kinda like that. As a McLaren fan, I'll never buy a Ferrari! Ok, not that I can afford one in the foreseeable future, but you know what I mean! :lol:
Am a Ferrari fan but think their car interiors are ugly AF. :lol: Saw a 720S in Hong Kong recently... what a paint job. :pimp: Then they bring out the Senna :sick::sick::sick:

We can all agree to disagree and support Pagani instead. Those things are works of art :wow:

Dude, I haven't even seen a 720s yet. :smh:

Yeah, while I don't think McLaren interiors are ugly, there are definitely much nicer ones around.

Pagani's are really quite stunning.

Mercedes 5 tenths slower on a cold Shanghai track.

Pack it up, it's done!

I don't even think this is a Diva, it's just slow.

Lewis isn't even faster than Valtteri.
But damn, Ferrari... turning of the tide?

Why can't we see these sort of improvements? |l

Last edited:
Right before Kimi rounded that final corner on his hot lap... he turned on Ferrari's party mode :lol: :pimp: Seb cocked up on his previous lap, but was faster anyway. But absolutely clean lap from Kimi. Just wasn't fast enough. Probably the difference was just the ice cream. :lol: I just hope Ferrari doesn't mess up strategy tomorrow.

Like in preseason testing, the Mercs have been struggling in cooler temps.

Props to Red Bull for turning around Mr. Smiley's car right in the nick of time in Q1. McLaren looked desperate with the slipstreaming attempt. Williams is just sad.

Also, here's the 720S I've seen in Kowloon: :pimp:
29748997_10155787001683736_382421472_o.jpg

Last edited:
McLaren looked desperate with the slipstreaming attempt.
29748997_10155787001683736_382421472_o.jpg

Just very frustrating as usual... but not unexpected. We knew they were struggling with their straightline speed. They need a more efficient aero package. Hopefully it'll come in Barca.

Williams is in such a mess though. Easy to blame their kiddie drivers, but the car just isn't good.

Merc are good on Soft tyres, so we shall see how that plays out.

Crazy Race.

Mercedes strategy team reminding me of Mclarens of the late 2000's.
Lewis would have had a chance but his pace was terrible and then again it still worked out for him in the championship battle.
Diva isn't seeing any updates in a while so there will be more suffering.

Ferrari got caught napping on the first stop and Kimi is basically the sacrificial lamb.
Vettel unlucky but hey, he was lucky in Oz

Max... Vettels response on the radio was perfect.

DOTD is Ricciardo and great job by RedBull yesterday with the engine, the strategy and the double stacked pit stops.

Both teams made huge pit-errors. I dunno where Lewis was during the SC, but you'd think they should have box'd him. Ferrari should have covered BOT earlier in the race.
RBR was masterful. The double-stack was brilliant. Bravo.

But how about that dive by Danny Ric?! How amazing was that?! He was so far back... I did not think he'd actually attempt it and pull it off. What an amazing and controlled drive.
Max on the other hand...................... While fun to watch, needs to dial it down several notches. Still young though.

Lewis never had the pace though. Looked scrappy all weekend and was even slower than Valtteri.

McLaren passing a Ferrari. :nthat::tongue:

I just hope Ferrari doesn't mess up strategy tomorrow.

*facepalm* Any more of this and it's Ferrari's championship to lose.

What a turnaround for Red Bull. Well-deserved by Danny. Great call on the stacked pitstops during the Safety Car. Felt like Lewis could've taken advantage of that as well, but Mercedes decided otherwise and got jumped because of it.

Ferrari did Kimi dirty hanging him out to dry and taking him out of contention in that first stint smh. Could've pitted Seb a lap earlier as well, but then again it could've went either way.

Max... did a Gasly. This explains things:
WhatsApp Image 2018-04-15 at 6.05.18 PM.jpeg

Also, Nando running Seb off the track :lol:

Yeah. :smh: at Ferrari hanging Kimi out to dry. Poor guy can’t get a break. Glad he was able to salvage a P3. Can’t wait to see Minttu’s shade.

Lewis was so bad today.
Car looked good in FP1 & 2 then come FP3 and Qualifying and it was no where. I wanted a fight but doesn't look like we're going to get it.

What they're doing to Kimi though, so early in a seasom where he's competitive is not on.

Back
Top Bottom