F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Jerez testing day 1.

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+One+vSCFhmyYDhPx.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+One+zinq8aM42Kcx.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+One+Z3qubb5rfyex.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+One+R99yknZNXX3x.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+One+KTppzz6SZUYx.jpg

Marcus+Ericsson+F1+Testing+Jerez+Day+One+efhjMAx_hoVx.jpg

Thank God we have good looking noses this year.

Mercedes W06 looking the best IMO.

B8rz2nGIYAAvPNu.jpg:orig

Last edited:
Yes, the Merc has the nicest nose... but McLaren, Ferrari and, I think, Lotus are looking to change theirs to a shorter nose, once they pass the crash-test so it may still change.

Love the Red Bull camo... 

I've used up all my views for Autosport and it's only the start of the month
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Really?

You can view it in Incognito mode, but here it is...

McLaren will change the livery of its Formula 1 car, says chief Ron Dennis, but only when big sponsors come in to justify the switch.

The silver, black and red colour scheme that features on the new Honda-powered MP4-30 has been met with a lukewarm reaction from fans - who have complained that it is not enough of a departure from the team's Mercedes days.

Speaking about the matter on the opening day of pre-season testing at Jerez, Dennis explained that he was not willing to embrace a bold change of colours simply for the sake of it.

"We have had the same [discussions about livery] inside the team: all of these people were saying, why don't we make it orange - because that was the old colour of McLaren?" he said.

"Well, I say, 'you just said it - it was the old colour of McLaren. Why the hell do we want to go backwards?'

"So what do you do? Do you create an aesthetically pleasing design? But for what purpose?

"This is the livery of McLaren. It has always been a combination of these colours - and it will only change for commercial reasons.

"It won't change just to make a few people in the company happier because they want it orange or they want it yellow."

Dennis said he fully understood the complaints about the colours, but reckoned in the longer term it will result in a better situation when big sponsors come on board.

"It will be far more recognised if we suddenly come out with a lime green car for the following reason: you will all know that we have a great deal of money coming in. So why would you react to Twitter [complaints]?" he said.

"Yes we could change colour. Yes we could do something more daring. Yes we could do all these things. But give me a reason why?

"If it is just to make something more aesthetically pleasing, that is not enough reason for me.

"Don't worry - it will change. But I will not say when."

I haven't used up my quota, but normally Incognito in Chrome works for me when I'm over the limit... the logic being no Cookies... no record. 

I really like the camo look but what do they expect to learn from running around with no front wing?

Also I'm at work and it seems to be working fine in incognito as long as you've not used up the quote. Lesson for next month.

Word is, Danii broke his FW earlier and RBR didn't have an spares... running systems/engine checks I guess, hence no need for the FW... I think.

In Dec, I went over my limit, but the Incognito trick still worked... maybe you can try deleting the Autosport cookie first?

Loving those AM1's.
Drops nicely with the kit, which is also the best in recent years.

Word is, Danii broke his FW earlier and RBR didn't have an spares... running systems/engine checks I guess, hence no need for the FW... I think.

In Dec, I went over my limit, but the Incognito trick still worked... maybe you can try deleting the Autosport cookie first?

I spoke too soon about the incognito trick, got hit with the you have 10 views remaining :lol:

And I was just wondering what kind of data that is valuable with no front wing attached. Won't everything be out of sync. Then again they have Newey. I'm sure he knows what he's doing

Alonso has a new gf? Hmmm, interesting.

Also, what does everyone think of Vettel topping the time sheet on both days of testing? I realize that it's only the first test at the beginning of the season. But what can we garner regarding future ongoing performance, at least in the first few grand prix (Aus, Malaysia, etc)? 

Sorry if it's a n00b question, this is only my 5th full season following F1.

@SinnerP  

Last edited:
^ No, not at all noob questions... 

Yep... apparently, she's a Spanish journo... used to date Sergio Ramos of Real Madrid... LOL.

I wouldn't look "too" much into this first test.  I mean, yes, there are significant stats (like Merc's 200+ laps already logged in, which is massively impressive), but overall, all the teams are running a lot of tests and whatnot... not chasing laptimes and performance.  Merc are probably sandbagging anyway.  All the teams are not pushing 100%, that's for sure.  All the cars are brand new... new engine bits, new suspension systems, new computers/software, etc.  Given how incredibly complex F1 is nowadays, we shouldn't be reading into what the teams are and aren't doing.  It's positive for Ferrari/Seb, but remember last season when RBR started the first test with lots of problems (like McLaren Honda right now), but ended the season very strongly.  A lot can change.  

I'm not too worried about McLaren yet... Honda's brand new engine will need time to iron out all the problems, which are inevitable.  I've seen Tweets/comments from people taking shots at McLaren saying that the Honda engine sucks... after day-2 of testing.  Clearly they are trolling or have absolutely no clue on how F1 works.  

EDIT ~
Day 3.

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+hRLzzdwyqcqx.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+0_pvNTZ7Zz_x.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+Pc9PY03qFyMx.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+4bU0PTjjhJNx.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+mmJM2I3-RQ8x.jpg

F1+Testing+In+Jerez+Day+Three+KNaXtpOax4zx.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking good for a lot of teams after this test.

Should be competitive come Australia

Nah... still too early, I think.  Gonna wait till after the Barca test to make a further judgement.  Ferrari look a lot better, while Williams could be a dark-horse again.  Merc still the team to beat.  

The Barca test will be huge for McLaren-Honda... 

Oh yea, as far as true pace, that's still up in the air. I mean a lot of teams are happy with their cars compared to last year.

Yeah, most are... lots of mileage...  

Concerns for Force India though... and the fate of Marussia...

Back
Top Bottom