EXCUSE ME BOSS....HEAT STROKE - FILIPINO PRIDE +++ PART 2 (Updated March 9, 09)

Word to Rev.. This guy is a very good friend of I and Pareng Bong, so basically we pretty much know the story behind his every sneaker. It's just, Quantityand Quality. The first time I saw his collection in person, I was just completely astounded and just said "PI, PI, PI!"/cursing for minutes due todisbelief that it is actually a reality..

Will post more once I have a chance to visit the other house..

Shaqrules: My bro's not bading Parekoy, hes just makulit..
laugh.gif

I know there's a lot more. Dude is starting to look on adding more Nike lines mainly AM's and SB's...

Originally Posted by revelation218

Well, if it matters, this guy's collection is MORE THAN HALF Lebron Player Exclusives, Jordan and Nike Grails. I would know coz he occassionally asks me to get stuff that he wants and 95% of the stuff that I got for him are either Lebron Player Exclusives which by the way is the 2nd most expensive player exclusives to the Jordans, and Jordan Grails.

It's not just QUANTITY for this guy, I mean, he owns like over 350 pairs which he has amassed in like 3 years only. He has everything from Jordan 1-23 and Lebron 1-6. He has A LOT of Jordan grails and Lebron grails which he just recently bought so you can imagine how much he had to drop to get the Jordan retros of 1999-2001. This guy collection is QUALITY + QUANTITY. And just a rough estimate, he has dropped close to $70,000 on his kicks. Do the math and with 350 pairs, you know the average spending per pair (that was easy hahahaha) Now how's that for a collector from the Philippines??? LOL So much for the Philippines being a 3rd world country with more than 70% of the population living below the poverty line (i hope i got that stat right LOL)

And BTW, expect a 2nd half of the post of the balance kicks that the threadstarter was not able to include in the beginning of this thread
Filipino Pride indeed!

Sir Bong! i hope you still remember me, just wanna say that i think it's about time to show your collections na din hehe
wink.gif

RESPECT!!!!!

I think it's a little overdone to amass that amount of shoes in 3 years. I commend those who have been collecting for several years, decades even, but notthose who are paying well over retail just to get caught up with the old heads.

Well, if it matters, this guy's collection is MORE THAN HALF Lebron Player Exclusives, Jordan and Nike Grails. I would know coz he occassionally asks me to get stuff that he wants and 95% of the stuff that I got for him are either Lebron Player Exclusives which by the way is the 2nd most expensive player exclusives to the Jordans, and Jordan Grails.

It's not just QUANTITY for this guy, I mean, he owns like over 350 pairs which he has amassed in like 3 years only. He has everything from Jordan 1-23 and Lebron 1-6. He has A LOT of Jordan grails and Lebron grails which he just recently bought so you can imagine how much he had to drop to get the Jordan retros of 1999-2001. This guy collection is QUALITY + QUANTITY. And just a rough estimate, he has dropped close to $70,000 on his kicks. Do the math and with 350 pairs, you know the average spending per pair (that was easy hahahaha) Now how's that for a collector from the Philippines??? LOL So much for the Philippines being a 3rd world country with more than 70% of the population living below the poverty line (i hope i got that stat right LOL)

And BTW, expect a 2nd half of the post of the balance kicks that the threadstarter was not able to include in the beginning of this thread
That is straight up ignorance, d1%kriding this guy from dropping that much money on shoes at reseller's price. Yes, people do live in povertyin the Philippines. I probably have some 2nd cousins out there who take showers outside with a bucket. There is a difference between collecting within yourmeans and buying up everything because you have the cash.

^^^ To each his own bro, to each his own. Fortunately, this guy is not part of the people who live below the poverty line and how he spends his money is reallyhis business not ours. Well, if it matters, this guy has a business that actually generates employment for a lot of people in his city. I am guessing about30-40 live off of working for this guy's business. He has a big heart for both his fellowmen and sneakers and I don't think we can judge him foramassing that much kicks in 3 years or less as ignorant. The guy has a passion for kicks and he is willing to spend just so he can get his favorite kicks andhe will pay good money to get it in DS condition and get it FAST.

I don't think it's fair to label anyone as ignorant when you don't even know his motives, what this guy is all about and what Filipino sneakerheadshave to deal with when getting kicks from abroad. I will fill you in on a little detail bro so you would understand better what Filipino sneakerheads have toput up with for buying kicks abroad coz they aren't released locally. To ship a pair of shoes to the Philippines from the USA (or North America, for thatmatter) LEGALLY would cost you at least $45-$50 per pair for shipping and another $15-$18 in custom duties and taxes (which is fairly low considering thatcustoms normally taxes about 30% of the value of a pair). That's already a good $68 per pair spent on shipping and taxes ALONE so add that to yourpurchase price and that's where the price gets BLOATED. And we pretty much have NO CHOICE when we want to get sought after stuff from the USA but to getit from resellers coz it's not like we have people or relatives in the USA who are willing to camp out or buy stuff at retail everytime we want to get apair or something.

It's just disappointing that fellow Filipinos have to say bad things about people they don't even know. That's "Crab Mentality" very muchalive or what we sneakerheads would call "HATERS". I really don't know why people have to act up that way tsk tsk tsk

Well, as far as I am concerned, at least I was taught by my parents that IF I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, IT'S BETTER NOT TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Word..
wink.gif

What up Trav T!?? Why say such things?? You don't even know this person..

And yes, he's collecting within his means and still a lot of surplus is left.. Sad to know that your a Filipino..

Word to Rev, "To each his own!"

hoi!
nice collection man...
wheres the filipino af1s?

n word 2 all the pinoys/pinays on NT!!

^^^ To each his own bro, to each his own. Fortunately, this guy is not part of the people who live below the poverty line and how he spends his money is really his business not ours. Well, if it matters, this guy has a business that actually generates employment for a lot of people in his city. I am guessing about 30-40 live off of working for this guy's business. He has a big heart for both his fellowmen and sneakers and I don't think we can judge him for amassing that much kicks in 3 years or less as ignorant. The guy has a passion for kicks and he is willing to spend just so he can get his favorite kicks and he will pay good money to get it in DS condition and get it FAST.

I don't think it's fair to label anyone as ignorant when you don't even know his motives, what this guy is all about and what Filipino sneakerheads have to deal with when getting kicks from abroad. I will fill you in on a little detail bro so you would understand better what Filipino sneakerheads have to put up with for buying kicks not released locally from abroad . To ship a pair of shoes to the Philippines from the USA (or North America, for that matter) LEGALLY would cost you at least $45-$50 per pair for shipping and another $15-$18 in custom duties and taxes (which is fairly low considering that customs normally taxes about 30% of the value of a pair). That's already a good $68 per pair spent on shipping and taxes ALONE so add that to your purchase price and that's where the price gets BLOATED. And we pretty much have NO CHOICE when we want to get sought after stuff from the USA but to get it from resellers coz it's not like we have people or relatives in the USA who are willing to camp out or buy stuff at retail everytime we want to get a pair or something.

It's just disappointing that fellow Filipinos have to say bad things about people they don't even know. That's "Crab Mentality" very much alive or what we sneakerheads would call "HATERS". I really don't know why people have to act up that way tsk tsk tsk

Well, as far as I am concerned, at least I was taught by my parents that IF I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, IT'S BETTER NOT TO SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Word..
wink.gif
well said, figured he had his own business or something to be able to finance his sneaker collection, its amazing though to know somebody havespent approximately 3 million pesos on sneakers, def major props to the guy

Back
Top Bottom