Evil Dead-(2013)

So is it safe to safe Mia is the "Ash" for this now and all the sequels that spawn from this?

And I wouldnt even call this horror the way this came out I can easily see how the following ones can be transitioned into being Gory dark dry humor type flicks.

As a fan of the Evil Dead series, I appreciate a film like Cabin in the Woods and thought it was great. This Evil Dead remake (or re-imagining rather) was far better than I expected it to be. I really liked the pace of the movie as it kept the tension throughout as opposed to just being the typical garbage. Really pushed the envelop in this one with violence. It was never really supposed to be scary though so I don't get the complaints had but it played out with a lot of the elements of the first and second films (if you haven't seen them and only 2013, reserve your judgement till after). I enjoyed the references to the past films. Def go check out the new one!:pimp:

Also, stay after the credits for a bonus clip (watch Evil Dead 2 to appreciate it doe)

Seen this yesterday and it was cool. Not great but cool. Teacher dude reminded me of Danny McBrides character from Pineapple Express, dude was taking a beating throughout the whole movie haha

As a fan of the Evil Dead series, I appreciate a film like Cabin in the Woods and thought it was great. This Evil Dead remake (or re-imagining rather) was far better than I expected it to be. I really liked the pace of the movie as it kept the tension throughout as opposed to just being the typical garbage. Really pushed the envelop in this one with violence. It was never really supposed to be scary though so I don't get the complaints had but it played out with a lot of the elements of the first and second films (if you haven't seen them and only 2013, reserve your judgement till after). I enjoyed the references to the past films. Def go check out the new one!:pimp:

Also, stay after the credits for a bonus clip (watch Evil Dead 2 to appreciate it doe)

View media item 352955

lol, I thought something epic was gonna happen after the credits, I guess that was cool if your into stuff like that.

Saw it last night, I thought it was good :smokin Right from the start I was hooked.

Not really a spoiler, but that teacher took a beating all movie :rofl:

Great movie, I liked it a lot. Definitely need to watch the original one though I keep telling myself I'm gonna watch it then I never end up doing so :lol: :smh:

Where Mia gets cut on the knee by the demon then it slowly pulls back the blade :x :x :x whole theater started grabbing their knees :lol:

I loved it, alot of great homages to the OG.

A sequel is confirmed.

I stayed after the credits, it was just Bruce Campbell with an Ash one-liner - "GROOVY" .

There was an after credits scene shown at SXSW that they decided to not use, that included Mia walking down a road and coming across Ash (Bruce Campbell) driving an S-Mart big rig. So Sam Raimi, the studio and the new director plan on making a crossover film after a sequel to the Evil Dead reboot. Sam Raimi confirmed that he and his brother are writing a sequel to Army of Darkness, which I would expect is the crossover film. :pimp: x a million

Saw it last night, I thought it was good
smokin.gif
Right from the start I was hooked.
Not really a spoiler, but that teacher took a beating all movie
roll.gif
thats what I said

im like damn is your body tired of

all this punishment yet
laugh.gif

Seen this yesterday and it was cool. Not great but cool. Teacher dude reminded me of Danny McBrides character from Pineapple Express, dude was taking a beating throughout the whole movie haha

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching this..

For the people who've seen 1,2 and the remake. Is it more like 1 or 2?

its like both combined without the humor

i was wrong

after seeing the og evil dead after so long

og evil dead>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new evil dead

i think its cool though that they are treating it as two seperate paths in both trilogies

saw this with my joint last night..I fell for the hype, this was a good movie but I thought I was gonna be scared on some lil girl ****. the gore tho :D

Movie was good for what it was.

Gory, bloody, horror. All good.

Story was cliche' but whatever, this isn't the type of movie you go see for the plot. You go see this for the killing and blood.

Homie with the glasses got clapped with the nail gun but still kept it G. He was not trying to die :lol:

Reviews on imdb are blasting this...ratings are good though. I'll give it a shot at the discount theater.

good to hear that they already planning a part 2 and an army of darkness 2 with ash reprising his role then a 7th film bridging the gap of both series.

That should be interesting. Bruce Campbell coming back :pimp:

A good horror movie is like a roller coaster. It's nonsense but it's a run ride that gets your blood pumping

I used to like these kinds of movies, but damn.. this **** doesn't do it for me anymore. It's like I was sitting there being tortured. Not saying that the movie was terrible, but it was just sick,

I just sat here and watched this movie. My question, who actually likes this kind of stuff?
i do. i loved it.

even watched the blu ray with the commentary on and dl'd the "baby little baby" song to my computer. cant wait for the second.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom