Evil Dead-(2013)

didnt really like the movie. Reminded me too much of Cabin In The Woods, which I felt was far superior in all aspects. I thought the acting was bad and the characters were worse and as far as gore or horror it just wasn't hitting. it wasnt awful, but just a commercial version of those straight to netflix horror movies

Def not a horror movie fan at all, so I'll just catch this on video when it's out.

If it's anything like CITW, i'll hate it.

Tried watching the OG on netflix earlier, I fell asleep on it.

didnt really like the original but liked part 2 and army of darkness

good to hear that they already planning a part 2 and an army of darkness 2 with ash reprising his role then a 7th film bridging the gap of both series.

to me the og was cheesy but the gore was pretty innovative for its time (1981). By todays standards its not "scary". its on netflix (streaming) for anyone who hasn't seen the original.

Saw it last night and it was :x :pimp:

This chick couldn't handle the movie any more and ran out :lol:

Went to see it today, maybe I expected too much, I thought it was "meh" at best... reminded me of "cabin in the woods" (which was an sooooo bad, yet the unicorn had me dying laughing)... I got bored with the gore less than an hour into the movie... I dont know what I really expect from "scary" movies anymore, I want to leave creeped out a little and that hasnt happened that often lately (excluding Sinister and Insidious)

Last edited:
I dont classify movies like this as horror. They more gore imo. Good horror died in the 80's. Japanese horror is the best though. The Grude is just the tip of what the Japaanese can do.

Movie was aight dudes had me thinking this would be unreal gory but alot of the stuff I saw in commercials

Went to see it today, maybe I expected too much, I thought it was "meh" at best... reminded me of "cabin in the woods" (which was an sooooo bad, yet the unicorn had me dying laughing)... I got bored with the gore less than an hour into the movie... I dont know what I really expect from "scary" movies anymore, I want to leave creeped out a little and that hasnt happened that often lately (excluding Sinister and Insidious)

:stoneface:

It was alright I didn't know what to expect never saw the OG but it was entertaining but not scary, the teacher dude was getting trashed the whole movie I felt bad for him :lol:

The Cabin in the Woods was bad?

Yea, no.

It's not even really a "scary" movie, its honestly just a comedy w/ gore, to me at least.

As far as being creeped out by Sinister and Insidious.... :lol:

They were both ok movies, but c'mon.

It was alright I didn't know what to expect never saw the OG but it was entertaining but not scary, the teacher dude was getting trashed the whole movie I felt bad for him :lol:

I didn't :lol: shouldn't have touched the book.

completely feel you on this one no ayo. most movies nowaday try to scare through shock factor and loads of gore. the only legit movies that can probably make me feel uneasy are those asian horror movies.

For those that seen the original. How is it? Is it a typic cheesy old scho horror? Or did it actually have a good plot. It's on Netflix which is why I'm intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom