Ever think of what you could buy if you sold your Jordan collection?!

Originally Posted by kdawg

The funniest thing about this topic is that they aren't worth nearly as much as some of you think.

Only a few will be worth even what you paid for them - most will be considerably less. If you want an investment you would have been better putting the cash under your mattress.

this dont mean squat if you have big sizes like 11-12 or popular sizes what ever it is, we know how many resellers are on here copping 10x each concords sjs galaxies, and assume that
they have some ogs and retro ogs...point is it depend how much and what you got, i ll assume no ones collection can pay off 4 yrs of private college

if you want a real investment you would not invest in sneakers, bigger things, bigger risks, bigger returns (maybe)

No Front
But probably like 2 Fully Customized Porsche Carreras
But thats over the course of 2 years worth of sneakers

Jordan collection is only worth $2000 at the moment but I have a feeling that number will triple by the end of the year...... Its nice being 24 and single sometimes, no obligations to any one female or kids...... 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by OneManDeep

The funniest thing about this topic is that they aren't worth nearly as much as some of you think.

Only a few will be worth even what you paid for them - most will be considerably less. If you want an investment you would have been better putting the cash under your mattress.

the %%%* are you talking about???
roll.gif
roll.gif

1)you dont gain interest/profit in mattress money.. so its not an investment

2) you mean to tell me that some ds ogs or even long ago retros arent worth more than the discounted price i paid for them when i bought them?! 

i bet you thought it sounded intelligent when you typed that

Seriously? That's what you came up with after reading that?

I know you don't get interest on cash - which is why I put that. Clearly you would be better investing your money by putting it into a savings account or something similar - but not by buying sneakers. But, at least putting the money under your mattress means that you get it all back.

You're kidding yourself that all that money you spent is what you would get back - sure you see the occasional rare OG going for decent money - but most of what we have in our closets isn't even worth what you paid for it - even at discount.

You're just delusional if you think that it is a wise investment.

Some people are showing cars and things that they bought with the money - and that's fine. I sold a bunch of my stuff over the summer and bought a decent bike - but I didn't get back what I paid for them. Probably 2/3 if I was lucky and mine were almost all OG Jordans.
In 2010 i had sold about 60+ og's and retro's. Most were ds or vnds and received about the same return you got. About 2/3 of what i paid. You'd be surprised how little some of your og's and retroes are actually worth. If your collection doesn't consist of only xi's or anything with a nike air on the back you will not be getting that porshe or that down payment on a mortgage that many of you think you'll get.

My collection's only worth $10-15k at the moment. I wear all my shoes, and while i take very good care of them that does take a hit on their value. Also, I buy and sell a lot, ao my collection fluctuates and changes from time to time

I quit once in 08 and sold about 30 retros and og's of Jordan's and bought me a 2006 jeep grand Cherokee cash.. Now im back in the game. I swear this is a drug for me. Can't leave it alone

All the money would go to my photography. Well. Most of it.
-Drew

Most could pay off PART of their credit card bill.... Minus the finance charges of course.....

I could defiantly get a new car or something along those lines. But I love my shoes way to much.

it would be so sad only having like three options to rock lol i couldn't buy too much, my basketball card collection is prob worth more

Originally Posted by Jordshaq

I quit once in 08 and sold about 30 retros and og's of Jordan's and bought me a 2006 jeep grand Cherokee cash.. Now im back in the game. I swear this is a drug for me. Can't leave it alone

Sounds like duck tales. 30 pairs for a 2 year old car? I'm buying a 3-4 year old bentley.

Back
Top Bottom