Ever had a famous teacher?

http://badbadteacher.com/jason-william-baridon/

Jason Baridon

attempted sexual abuse of a female student

dude was my sophomore history teacher. One of the most sexist dudes I have ever met. Treated all the dudes in the class like garbage. Wouldnt let us go to the bathroom but bent over backwards to let the females do what they wanted. We always joked that he would get caught for something
laugh.gif
The morning I found out was hilarious
laugh.gif

PHIL_KNIGHT_327_sm.jpg

Obviously not our full time teacher but he'd stop by and hang out here and there back in the day

Glynn Marsh Allam was my english teacher in high school. She has a few books out. Not really famous though.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Two friends of mine had a teacher/ at their school who made the Olympics or pretty far
trying out for the Olympic team (I forget what sport). From what they told me he was real eccentric:

- Didn't wear shoelaces or belts because prisoners weren't allowed to.
- Introduced himself to the class using his SSN; "goverment name"
-Had his car stolen. Didn't press charges and let the guy keep it. Explained it saying if the guy was desperate
enough to steal it he must have needed it.
- Didn't pay taxes. Got a letter from the IRS, sent a letter back inviting an IRS agent for tea and cookies to discuss it.
- Didn't take attendance (yet had the highest attendance % of any teacher- Boss status)
-Didn't believe in giving tests, was once subbing for a teacher and had to give a test. Didn't outright say
he didn't believe in tests or proctoring tests but hinted at it. The class pretty much formed up in groups, used their books...
-Tried to organize a field trip to see the Matrix and put Morpheus as the chaperone

I know this doesn't really apply. He's not famous for academic purposes but thought I'd share.
Sounds like a world class douche. I get it, he's trying to make a point. But he's not teaching anyone anything. He's using teaching as a platform for his ridiculous beliefs.

My 7th grade PE teacher was the brother of Mark Curry (Hangin' w/ Mr. Cooper). My teacher was on American Gladiator and he had Mark and several actors from various ABC shows visit our school, including Danial Fischel (Topanga). But her cousin was also one of my friends in middle school

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Two friends of mine had a teacher/ at their school who made the Olympics or pretty far
trying out for the Olympic team (I forget what sport). From what they told me he was real eccentric:

-Had his car stolen. Didn't press charges and let the guy keep it. Explained it saying if the guy was desperate
- Didn't pay taxes. Got a letter from the IRS, sent a letter back inviting an IRS agent for tea and cookies to discuss it.
- Didn't take attendance (yet had the highest attendance % of any teacher- Boss status)
-Didn't believe in giving tests, was once subbing for a teacher and had to give a test. Didn't outright say
he didn't believe in tests or proctoring tests but hinted at it. The class pretty much formed up in groups, used their books...
-Tried to organize a field trip to see the Matrix and put Morpheus as the chaperone

I know this doesn't really apply. He's not famous for academic purposes but thought I'd share.
Sounds like a world class douche. I get it, he's trying to make a point. But he's not teaching anyone anything. He's using teaching as a platform for his ridiculous beliefs.
Some of my best professors didn't believe in tests either, and I agreed.
Other than that, not sure how he isn't teaching anyone anything?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I went through the Wikipedia page for my alma mater's faculty. If that is the benchmark we are using for fame, I took classes with 5 famous professors/people.
edit: So I was looking through one of my major's regular faculty page because I was surprised one my professors didn't have a wiki and I saw a name I didn't recognize and of my ethnicity. I look at the CV (new hire for this year from Stanford): 

34tak8x.png

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Perfect GPA at MIT!

Has to be famous for that! 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This is insanely impressive.  5.0 in engineering at the most prestigious engineering school.  Damn.

music teacher was the original drummer for blue oyster cult.. cool lil dude.. but he never taught me to play the piano like he said he would
indifferent.gif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Öyster_Cult

my spanish teacher in hs became famous after sleeping with a student..homie told cuz' he said he loved his girlfriend...she was passing him and paying his celly biill, when youre 16 thats a big deal...she made the daily news ....if that counts .lol
i'll always love you ms. colon. lol

My first grade art teacher, Judy barret, wrote Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Some of my best professors didn't believe in tests either, and I agreed.
Other than that, not sure how he isn't teaching anyone anything?
grin.gif

Forgot to mention he taught an elective, "Alternatives to War". Kinda right in line with his beliefs.
And at the end of the semester would individually ask each student what they thought they earned in the class
and give that as the grade. Oh and another eccentricity, he would catch mice n his home and walk them to the park and set them free.

The students loved him.

Charles Zembillas , character design, animation teacher
Character designer on a whole bunch of stuff I watched as a kid/teen
charles_zembillas.jpg

Created:
Spyro the Dragon
 Crash Bandicoot ( helped)
Jak and Daxter

He had a rant every class. As soon as class started he would just go off. Always yelling about corporate America and other conspiracies. Everyone would just be drawing quietly and he would begin talking about how somebody high up is screwing him over and his voice would get louder and louder.
roll.gif

I had a teacher on the lesbian mtv room raiders, shortly after being recognized she quit

Back
Top Bottom