Ever feel kinda sad when the cashier doesn't greet you or say goodbye?

Damn, that makes me feel like crap. You walk up to the register expecting a greeting..... and nothing. You think about breaking the ice but too manyseconds have passed and it would just be awkward. So then you think, "Oh, they're saving it til after the transaction." You finish upyour transaction anticipating a friendly sendoff....... and nothing. I'll remember this forever, dogg.
ohwell.gif

The real kick to the stomach is when you try to be the bigger person and say "thank you, goodbye." and they STILL say nothing. Thishappened to me at the coffee shop today. And they had the nerve to put a sign on the register that read "NO CELL PHONES AT REGISTER". Why? You ain't talking to me, dogg. I cannot endure this again.

Wow I thought I was the only one. What's worse is when you hold the door for someone and they don't say a word.

I be like
frown.gif

laugh.gif
not sad but it be mad shady when they greet the customer prior to meextra cheerful...see me and dont say *%%%
smh.gif

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

i get upset at the toll clerks. I just spend $11 on a bridge, a nice goodbye to me wouldn't hurt
$11 for a bridge? Where? It doesn't matter if they greet you on a bridge because what are you gonna do tho? Reverse?

Originally Posted by King Beef

Wow I thought I was the only one. What's worse is when you hold the door for someone and they don't say a word.
I be like
frown.gif

grin.gif
I just say "YOU'RE WELCOME" pretty loudly.

And OP, what gets me with cashiers is when I say, "thank you" or "have a nice day", they
indifferent.gif
, and just go about their business.

smh.gif
Customer service is a lost art.

Originally Posted by King Beef

I be like
frown.gif

Same, except I usually get angry and say "YOU'RE WELCOME"

I greet every customer, ask them how their day was what they have planned and just chop it up. I make sure they leave with a uplifted spirit before they leavewhich makes them come back. I HATE when people don't say anything.

I dont really care if i go to the store and they have nothing to say but when it comes to going to a restaurant then its a different story.

- I walk up like
indifferent.gif
glasses.gif
indifferent.gif

- They look at me like
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

- I hand over the cash like
grin.gif

- The give me my change like
ohwell.gif

- One last shared
alien.gif
before my exit

- Deuces...

laugh.gif
mad awkward when they dont say anything and your waiting for them to scan all the items

no, I try to always be kind and say thanks and keep it moving to a cashier or whatever, but if they don't say it back i don't care.
I used to hate being in a store with my mom and she would get so mad because the cashier didn't say have a nice day or something.
Then she would try and force it out of them. But if you have to force a thank you or wait around for one it really doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

i get upset at the toll clerks. I just spend $11 on a bridge, a nice goodbye to me wouldn't hurt
$11 for a bridge? Where? It doesn't matter if they greet you on a bridge because what are you gonna do tho? Reverse?

Verrazano bridge going from brooklyn to Staten Island

But Im mad nice to them. I say thank you and I get nothing in return.

Back
Top Bottom