Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

1643252884312.jpeg
1643252898515.jpeg

DARE nonsense aside, I wouldn’t exactly call Euphoria glorifying drugs. If anything it shows how drug addiction destroys your life and hurts everyone around you. I think showing how good drugs can make someone feel is important, so people get a better understanding of how someone becomes an addict.

yea I don’t get it…

we all see how terrible this is going end.. and we’ve been explicitly told and see the impact her actions are having on friends and family

Seen somebody from D.A.R.E. outside Office Depot last week asking for donations.

It's an adult show so they don't exactly need to tell you drugs are bad but it's hard not to watch the finale to season 1 and the end of this episode and think drugs provide an escape for her.

The fact that she can maintain a good GPA, a somewhat active social life, have a good relationship with her sister, score drugs w/o maintaining a job shows the drugs ain't exactly having that much of a negative effect on her

And does she have a good relationship with her sister?

I think so if your sister who watched you OD and still can have heart to heart conversation like that (even if Rue was BS'n) you have good relationship

Plot not even tight enough to argue honestly, you think Elliot being introduced ain't help Rue's arc as a efficient third wheel and a source of free drugs.

I think so if your sister who watched you OD and still can have heart to heart conversation like that (even if Rue was BS'n) you have good relationship

Plot not even tight enough to argue honestly, you think Elliot being introduced ain't help Rue's arc as a efficient third wheel and a source of free drugs.

I just think her sister actual loves her AND she thought she was going lose someone she loves.. and scared

And rue went through a whole spiel about how she was going get out of that question

Doesn’t seem “good” to me

It was super foul.
I know a few disagreed with me when I said Rue going off on Ali felt out of place to me.
Great reasonings for her going off on him but still, I feel the opposite.
It still doesn't sit well 1. that she did it and 2. they wrote it in for her character.
There could be that big character turn coming for Rue where EVERYBODY is going to hate her soon, on screen and us.

Having addicts in my family, I have become all too familiar with certain mood swings and traits.
I could always tell when the addicts in my Family were out of their poison, or on the last bit of it with no sign of their next fix due to availability or money.
Those habits became like my own habits.
I could set my clock by them.
Her going off felt like something that would happen when she was out of drugs and didn't know where her next fix was coming from.
Shorty had enough to be the Happiest person on Earth.

An addict snapping at the feeling there's a lecture or being dictated to is coming isn't out of place, it's damn near the norm.
Yep. I makes sense Rue didn't want to hear a lecture from dude, and would have a bad reaction

The thing is that when Ali warns her that the next thing out of her mouth better not be disrespectful. She stops, thinks, and instead of just telling him to **** off she sticks a dagger right into the dude's heart.

Even for an addict, that is some cold ****.

If Rue was played by anyone other than Zendaya, she would've been hated from the jump.
I laughed at this because my girlfriend will defend Rue at length and justify her doing so because "she was on the Disney channel"

I know she is trolling me but she always manages to suck me into a lengthy discussion before she brings up "Shake it Up"

Back
Top Bottom