Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

Now that’s how you start off a new season. Music selection was on point too, so glad this show is back.
Funny that you mention the music selection. I was listening to a podcast about the episode earlier, and they actually mentioned how a lot of the music they play, specifically when they were at the party, isn't something that these kids would actually be listening to. Like there's no way a bunch of kids born in like 2005 would be listening to Juvenile.

They said that the show is loosely based on Sam Levinson, the showrunner's life, and that it seems like he pops in some music and other references that would make more sense for someone his age (37). Probably what I would want to do also :lol:

Funny that you mention the music selection. I was listening to a podcast about the episode earlier, and they actually mentioned how a lot of the music they play, specifically when they were at the party, isn't something that these kids would actually be listening to. Like there's no way a bunch of kids born in like 2005 would be listening to Juvenile.

They said that the show is loosely based on Sam Levinson, the showrunner's life, and that it seems like he pops in some music and other references that would make more sense for someone his age (37). Probably what I would want to do also :lol:

I peeped that. Nice to know the reason behind it.

Agreed with the music take on all songs except back that *** up. I’d imagine suburban kids in that age group are tying to fit the image of cool, which is largely influenced by black culture. That song has been (and still will be) playing within the black culture for decades. I could see how they’d throw that one in the playlist. :lol:

Agreed with the music take on all songs except back that *** up. I’d imagine suburban kids in that age group are tying to fit the image of cool, which is largely influenced by black culture. That song has been (and still will be) playing within the black culture for decades. I could see how they’d throw that one in the playlist. :lol:
If it's a good party Back that *** up is getting played. No real way around that.

Juvie grandkids should eat well off that song.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean I guess I don't hang out around too many high school kids. Wife teaches kids around that age though and is a bit doubtful.

The music I was referring to was everything that was played outside of the New Years Eve house party. I did find it a little odd of the music playing at that party, but gen-Z has embraced a lot of 90’s early 2000’s rap.

I said that to myself when watching that kids these days definitely not listening to this

Back
Top Bottom