ESPN has rules on their people tweeting now

Here is a verbatim copy of ESPN's new guidelines for social networking, which has been forwarded to us by ESPN.

ESPN'S ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SOCIAL NETWORKING

ESPN regards social networks such as message boards, conversation pages and other forms of social networking such as Facebook and Twitter as important new forms of content. As such, we expect to hold all talent who participate in social networking to the same standards we hold for interaction with our audiences across TV, radio and our digital platforms. This applies to all ESPN Talent, anchors, play by play, hosts, analysts, commentators, reporters and writers who participate in any form of personal social networking that contain sports related content.

ESPN Digital Media is currently building and testing modules designed to publish Twitter and Facebook entries simultaneously on ESPN.com, SportsCenter.com, Page 2, ESPN Profile pages and other similar pages across our web site and mobile platforms. The plan is to fully deploy these modules this fall.

Specific Guidelines

· Personal websites and blogs that contain sports content are not permitted

· Prior to engaging in any form of social networking dealing with sports, you must receive permission from the supervisor as appointed by your department head

· ESPN.COM may choose to post sports related social media content

· If ESPN.com opts not to post sports related social media content created by ESPN talent, you are not permitted to report, speculate, discuss or give any opinions on sports related topics or personalities on your personal platforms

· The first and only priority is to serve ESPN sanctioned efforts, including sports news, information and content

* Assume at all times you are representing ESPN

* If you wouldn't say it on the air or write it in your column, don't tweet it

* Exercise discretion, thoughtfulness and respect for your colleagues, business associates and our fans

· Avoid discussing internal policies or detailing how a story or feature was reported, written, edited or produced and discussing stories or features in progress, those that haven't been posted or produced, interviews you've conducted, or any future coverage plans.

· Steer clear of engaging in dialogue that defends your work against those who challenge it and do not engage in media criticism or disparage colleagues or competitors

· Be mindful that all posted content is subject to review in accordance with ESPN's employee policies and editorial guidelines

· Confidential or proprietary company information or similar information of third parties who have shared such information with ESPN, should not be shared

Any violation of these guidelines could result in a range of consequences, including but not limited to suspension or dismissal
roll.gif

i wonder who went over board and killed it for everyone

Jemelle Hill was saying some borderline unprofessional stuff on her twitter, shes probably the one who %!$!!$ it up

makes a ton of sense.

it's not outlandish for espn to expect these standards from their employees at all.

Am I the only one who was caught completely offguard by how popular Twitter became?

Now almost every professional athlete, celebrities, even politicians have their own Twitter account.

Bucher used to always state his opinions on things.....hell Skip too...so skip might as well delete his twitter because all he does is comment on games andstuff....i appreciated it sorta like an extended version of 1st and 10....espn is dumb for this

today i woke up around 9 and then didnt intake a single thing , absolutely nothing until about 5:30pm where i inhaled a couple of hotdogs and some juice.

and i routinely do this type of thing.

hows that for an eating plan?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Jemelle Hill was saying some borderline unprofessional stuff on her twitter, shes probably the one who %!$!!$ it up
Word. Mad flagrant.

Nazis
Nah, I actually agree with them doing this.

Steer clear of engaging in dialogue that defends your work against those who challenge it and do not engage in media criticism or disparage colleagues or competitors
I wonder if that was because Simmons called Ryan Jones from Slam a career loser.
laugh.gif

Career loser was a little harsh though, career meatrider would've been more accurate.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

today i woke up around 9 and then didnt intake a single thing , absolutely nothing until about 5:30pm where i inhaled a couple of hot dogs and some juice.

laugh.gif

Wrong thread homie
roll.gif

Originally Posted by chr1scross

today i woke up around 9 and then didnt intake a single thing , absolutely nothing until about 5:30pm where i inhaled a couple of hot dogs and some juice.

laugh.gif

Wrong thread homie
roll.gif

I thought that was a tweet or something. I was tryin to figure out what the hell he was talking about.
laugh.gif

didnt simmons go off on dunleavy recently lol?
Yeah, Dunleavy called Simmons a "joke writer" on a radio show so Simmons went OFF on him with like 10 tweets in a row.
roll.gif

We all knew this was gonna happen. They were citing Drew Gooden's Twitter as a source for his signing
laugh.gif

not surprised by this move.

of course ESPN is gonna sensor their people. They want to get traffic on their site, not twitter.

Reason #84938 why Bill Simmons shouldn't (won't?) renew his contract with ESPN.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Reason #84938 why Bill Simmons shouldn't (won't?) renew his contract with ESPN.

who els ewould pay him 6 figured to rant and rave and also hobnob with celebrities while putting out a column whenever he feels. no one.

Originally Posted by JD617

16lg1gm.png

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ that bottom Tweet.

Yea, I figured this was coming soon enough.

Skip, Bucher, Jalen, etc.

I've seen plenty of things Tweeted by them over the last couple months that I thought, "Damn, I wonder if their boss reads these..."
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Poor nutrition leads to lack of focus and concentration.

This isn't one of your finest moments on NT
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom