ESPN chooses their Top 10 Greatest Shooting Guards of all time

Reggie should not be #7
smh.gif

especially over guys like Richmond & Moncrief.....

otherwise it looks good to me
pimp.gif

So the logo of the league is # 3?
eek.gif

This thread has some banishments in it, I can feel it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I really think you guys are all forgetting how good Reggie Miller was.

no, he's good. i recognize that. but his position on the list i would re-think.

Originally Posted by dland24

I really think you guys are all forgetting how good Reggie Miller was.
He was clutch. He was a pure shooter. Not a defensive player. Not that great of a passer. A bad rebounder. Shot the ball and shot it well. That'sabout it. He averaged 18, 3 , 3 with below average defense and not even one All NBA 2nd team selection.

IMO Moncrief should take his place, I guess defense is indeed underrated.

I'm not even gonna mention guys that got snubbed like Sam Jones, Hal Greer, Thompson, Sharman, or Dave Bing.....

They've got #1 wrong

laugh.gif

Jerry West should be #2. Kobe most likely will pass him, but for now Mr. Clutch is #2 IMO

i would like to AI higher but at least my dude is getting love. think about his body of work and what ha had to work with teammates wise

I would take West, Maravich, and Iverson over Kobe.

Any day.

All day.

Every time you ask me.

Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had... playing with one of the league's top 5 centers ever for like 8 years ('96-'97 to'03-'04, right?) and one of the top 3 coaches of all time, and they would at LEAST do what Kobe has done; I think they would do better, though.

#2 is a wee bit high for Kobe...top 10, yes....#2 all-time...[wilson] no tim, I don't think so [/wilson]

As long as they're calling the Big O a PG and not a SG, then this list is cool. Otherwise, they lost their damn mind. Although i would move Kobe back aspot or two.

Give Maravich, Iverson, or West the EXACT career Kobe has had... playing with one of the league's top 5 centers ever for like 8 years ('96-'97 to '03-'04, right?) and one of the top 3 coaches of all time, and they would at LEAST do what Kobe has done; I think they would do better, though.
that arugment holds no water IMO because you can say that about ALOT of players.

Jerry west is the only one you can make a case that should be over kobe

and Reggie millers overrated !#% right where he should be.

Back
Top Bottom