Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Chao

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Kanye should have gotten it. But it's based off of sales and not actually quality. *kanye shrug* and I'm out...

Don't really think Kanye's body of work matches up to Ems either way.

huh????
Quality or Sales, Eminem wins either way. I'm actually glad FOR ONCE the best rapper sold the most. In this lollipop DIY Hip Hop era it's surprising...it shows you that if you make quality *@$+, sooner or later people will start buying. We gonna act like EM was a multi-million selling artist from the get go?

Yeah, exactly. I thought my point was pretty clear from the first post anyway - Kanye's three albums that can actually be considered within the Hip Hop genre don't stack up with Eminems catalogue in quality or in sales. Also, million, yeah, I think people forget how much he had to fight in the underground before he finally hooked up with Dre and started selling. Best rapper ever, nah, I wouldn't support that, but Soundscan artist of the decade doesn't seem like a stretch at all.
i'm not talking sale-wise, Em has that in a bag...but quality wise...nahhh...Ye has 3 classics under his belt and changed the game up every time around...Em has been re-hashing the same **@# for the past 10 years plus a couple of not too impressive to flat out wack albums under his belt
what the #%$@ is wrong with you people throwing the word classic around? kanye west has 2 good albums and 1 very good one. ONLY classic between these 2 is Marshall Mathers LP

Sorry I'm so late but did my man just say Graduation was a classic? Only thing you could put an argument for is College Dropout and thats not even a classic in any means. You gonna seriously say CD, LR, Graduation and 808&HB is better then MMLP SSLP Infinite ES and relapse(i'm forgetting one i'm dumb tired)? You're just as dumb as the guy who said "its funny white people are representing hiphop" when the award has nothing to do with hiphop music.
yes
so all of a sudden i'm "dumb" because i have an independent opinion??? stan much??? like i said, Kanye changed the game every time he came out from his production style to his personal style...Eminem's STILL re-hashing his same topics...

I love Kanye and Em so no stan here, how did Kanye change the game? Kanye didn't change anything he is just very good at what he does, which is make music; creatively. You gonna throw Graduation up with the ranks of Ready to Die, Doggy style, Me against the World, The Fix, The Chronic, Low End Theory, Reasonable Doubt,  36 Chambers, It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, and Illmatic? Those are CLASSICs HANDS DOWN. For you to throw Graduation and 808s in there as classics is stan like. When in actuallity it was em who broke down the doors for white people in hip hop. Em took light weight horror rap(a very shunned rap category) and made it main stream, along with coming with heart felt songs, and making songs that had political opinions. Saying Eminem is re-hashing old the same topics Kanye raps about the same %@#% most of the time, money, clothes and *#$@, with the sporadic different topic song. Kanye is a wonderful talent and a great musician, but to say artist of the decade above Em, Hov, and Nas and countless other genres of music is foolsih. 

^ Pretty much what I was going to say, Kanye didn't "change" anything, and if you resort to such a generalized statement to validate your opinion it's pretty obvious you really have nothing to back up what you claim.

Anyway, Eminem got the award already and it was well deserved.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Well-deserved
pimp.gif

o0o0o0o0ooh, so that's what Steve Berman, & Paul Rosenburg look like....

You don't remember Steve Berman in the F*** Wit Dre Day video lol.

Nah, Im boutz to check it out right naw'...

Kanye has great albums... But don't say Eminem didn't either this decade...

Soundscan measures sales.. So it is in terms of sales... Eminem sold the most records in the decade he deserves it.

On quality you can argue maybe 2-5 other artists to be in this position. But you can't say that Eminem is not as deserving if not more so than those other artists.. The man works his $+# off, and actually loves what he does.. Gives us good music when he doesn't even need to anymore.. And leaves himself out there for everyone to see and dissect.

Props to Em for the award he is very deserving in my eyes.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ Pretty much what I was going to say, Kanye didn't "change" anything, and if you resort to such a generalized statement to validate your opinion it's pretty obvious you really have nothing to back up what you claim.

pimp.gif

Em did deserve it, people are so "what are you doing for me now" in hip-hop they forget about the past. Em was, and still is when he wants to be a savage on the mic. Kanye wishes he had a percent of Em's lyrical talent.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

pimp.gif

Em did deserve it, people are so "what are you doing for me now" in hip-hop they forget about the past. Em was, and still is when he wants to be a savage on the mic. Kanye wishes he had a percent of Em's lyrical talent.

Yeah, Eminem would probably murder everyone currently rapping who is mainstream, he's still got it. Rick Ross, Ludacris, Wayne, T.I, Kanye West, Drake, Pitbull, Fabolous? Please, lol.

Eminem is the superior rapper to Yeezy, but the overall music? C'mon.. It's not even, even, even, even, EVEN CLOSE!

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Props to EM.

We all know EM is a ridiculous rapper.

But i'd rather hear a Kanye album all day, sorry.

Kanye makes better music, waay better.
The most logical post made in this thread....

i find it funny that kanye is held in such high regard when 98% of what he does contains something from a previous artist/song/band/producer ... i thought the music forum was bad back in the jay-talk days, but to see kanye west of all people be mentioned in a thread about eminem is an all time low for this forum ...

roll.gif
this is how people really think nowadays

Em just appeals towards the crowd that's willing to buy his albums

Might be the dumbest thing ever typed on NT, considering Em is the highest selling rapper of all time.

Originally Posted by WILKS592

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

Kanye West has 4 amazing albums. I hate when people leave out 808s & HB. It is better then anything any other artist can make. Kanye West is by far the most creative artist in hip-hop and all his albums are classic in their own way. People that act hard and like terrible music acts that also act hard like VADO will not admit to Kanye having classics because they have simple minds just like the artists they listen to.

Kanye reigns supreme in all categories in hip-hop. It is not even close

/thread
are u serious? my feelings are supposed to be hurt cause your talking about vado
laugh.gif
your a clown duke no way in hell kanye has 1 album better than the marshall mathers LP just because kanye is ya mans doesn't mean u gotta spew garbage out ya mouth

Back
Top Bottom