Eminem Recieves his Soundscan "Artist Of The Decade" Award

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Chao

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Kanye should have gotten it. But it's based off of sales and not actually quality. *kanye shrug* and I'm out...

Don't really think Kanye's body of work matches up to Ems either way.

huh????
Quality or Sales, Eminem wins either way. I'm actually glad FOR ONCE the best rapper sold the most. In this lollipop DIY Hip Hop era it's surprising...it shows you that if you make quality *@$+, sooner or later people will start buying. We gonna act like EM was a multi-million selling artist from the get go?

Yeah, exactly. I thought my point was pretty clear from the first post anyway - Kanye's three albums that can actually be considered within the Hip Hop genre don't stack up with Eminems catalogue in quality or in sales. Also, million, yeah, I think people forget how much he had to fight in the underground before he finally hooked up with Dre and started selling. Best rapper ever, nah, I wouldn't support that, but Soundscan artist of the decade doesn't seem like a stretch at all.
i'm not talking sale-wise, Em has that in a bag...but quality wise...nahhh...Ye has 3 classics under his belt and changed the game up every time around...Em has been re-hashing the same **@# for the past 10 years plus a couple of not too impressive to flat out wack albums under his belt
Alot of people forget how big of a deal Em was.  Em definitely helped diversify rap music.  And if you pop in The Marshall Mathers LP I dont think any of Kanye's albums can measure up.  And im a Kanye fan. Flow, lyrics, influence, sales.  Kanye really cant compare to Em.  And really Em retired in the middle of the decade too. 

Kanye should have gotten it. But it's based off of sales and not actually quality. *kanye shrug* and I'm out...

huh????
Quality or Sales, Eminem wins either way. I'm actually glad FOR ONCE the best rapper sold the most. In this lollipop DIY Hip Hop era it's surprising...it shows you that if you make quality *@$+, sooner or later people will start buying. We gonna act like EM was a multi-million selling artist from the get go?

Yeah, exactly. I thought my point was pretty clear from the first post anyway - Kanye's three albums that can actually be considered within the Hip Hop genre don't stack up with Eminems catalogue in quality or in sales. Also, million, yeah, I think people forget how much he had to fight in the underground before he finally hooked up with Dre and started selling. Best rapper ever, nah, I wouldn't support that, but Soundscan artist of the decade doesn't seem like a stretch at all.
i'm not talking sale-wise, Em has that in a bag...but quality wise...nahhh...Ye has 3 classics under his belt and changed the game up every time around...Em has been re-hashing the same **@# for the past 10 years plus a couple of not too impressive to flat out wack albums under his belt
Alot of people forget how big of a deal Em was.  Em definitely helped diversify rap music.  And if you pop in The Marshall Mathers LP I dont think any of Kanye's albums can measure up.  And im a Kanye fan. Flow, lyrics, influence, sales.  Kanye really cant compare to Em.  And really Em retired in the middle of the decade too. 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

pimp.gif
the best rapper selling the most ... i guess it all works itself out in the end ...
The best out of who? Em is not the best sorry 

huh????

i'm not talking sale-wise, Em has that in a bag...but quality wise...nahhh...Ye Em has 3 classics under his belt and changed is the game up every time around...Em has been re-hashing the same **@# for the past 10 years plus a couple of not too impressive to flat out wack albums under his belt

Some of you guys say the dumbest comments, I swear
laugh.gif

Congrats to Em!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by lexuslaf

Whole bunch of us white people in a picture representing hip hop is funny to me lol.

Didn't know that was a hip-hop award?

Anything to differentiate color in music huh? 

huh????

what the #%$@ is wrong with you people throwing the word classic around? kanye west has 2 good albums and 1 very good one. ONLY classic between these 2 is Marshall Mathers LP

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

huh????

what the #%$@ is wrong with you people throwing the word classic around? kanye west has 2 good albums and 1 very good one. ONLY classic between these 2 is Marshall Mathers LP

Sorry I'm so late but did my man just say Graduation was a classic? Only thing you could put an argument for is College Dropout and thats not even a classic in any means. You gonna seriously say CD, LR, Graduation and 808&HB is better then MMLP SSLP Infinite ES and relapse(i'm forgetting one i'm dumb tired)? You're just as dumb as the guy who said "its funny white people are representing hiphop" when the award has nothing to do with hiphop music.

Kanye West has 4 amazing albums. I hate when people leave out 808s & HB. It is better then anything any other artist can make. Kanye West is by far the most creative artist in hip-hop and all his albums are classic in their own way. People that act hard and like terrible music acts that also act hard like VADO will not admit to Kanye having classics because they have simple minds just like the artists they listen to.

Kanye reigns supreme in all categories in hip-hop. It is not even close.

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

huh????

Sorry I'm so late but did my man just say Graduation was a classic? Only thing you could put an argument for is College Dropout and thats not even a classic in any means. You gonna seriously say CD, LR, Graduation and 808&HB is better then MMLP SSLP Infinite ES and relapse(i'm forgetting one i'm dumb tired)? You're just as dumb as the guy who said "its funny white people are representing hiphop" when the award has nothing to do with hiphop music.
yes
so all of a sudden i'm "dumb" because i have an independent opinion??? stan much??? like i said, Kanye changed the game every time he came out from his production style to his personal style...Eminem's STILL re-hashing his same topics...

Originally Posted by killaCAM237

Kanye West has 4 amazing albums. I hate when people leave out 808s & HB. It is better then anything any other artist can make. Kanye West is by far the most creative artist in hip-hop and all his albums are classic in their own way. People that act hard and like terrible music acts that also act hard like VADO will not admit to Kanye having classics because they have simple minds just like the artists they listen to.

Kanye reigns supreme in all categories in hip-hop. It is not even close

/thread

Props to EM.

We all know EM is a ridiculous rapper.

But i'd rather hear a Kanye album all day, sorry.

Kanye makes better music, waay better.

artist of the decade sales wise.

that means in 10 years he sold the most records in total.

meaning more people like Em than any other musical artist.

i'll take that as fact.

the slim shady Lp is lyrically the best album of all time hip hop wise.
he had great storys, some concept songs, straight wild battle rap, some real indepth songs about himself, and was hilarious the whole time.

i think he deserves this.

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

artist of the decade sales wise.

that means in 10 years he sold the most records in total.

meaning more people like Em than any other musical artist.

i'll take that as fact.

the slim shady Lp is lyrically the best album of all time hip hop wise.
he had great storys, some concept songs, straight wild battle rap, some real indepth songs about himself, and was hilarious the whole time.

i think he deserves this.
roll.gif
this is how people really think nowadays

Em just appeals towards the crowd that's willing to buy his albums

Back
Top Bottom