Eminem NEW ALBUM - Kamikaze

As much as I disliked the accent at first, Relapse grew on me and has some gems on it I can still play to this day.

Stay wide awake
Hello
Beautiful
Deja Vu

I know I'm in the minority, but I loved "Beautiful"

I never understood them signing to Shady. Industry was getting away from lyrical rap and Eminem wasn’t as big as he was and albums weren’t selling so i never expected them to sign and blow up and go platinum.

I never understood them signing to Shady. Industry was getting away from lyrical rap and Eminem wasn’t as big as he was and albums weren’t selling so i never expected them to sign and blow up and go platinum.

I'm glad you said this cuz I be confused when people talk about Slaughter House like they was some super group that failed. Nobody from that group was ever a real big name. They was group of basically underground lyrical _'s. They was never gonna sell big records.

If joe is/was going to release a response,I think the podcast first is a great move. He's setting the landscape. Imagine joe releasing first and the first thing(s) people would mention is sells, fame, etc... Now Joe can release a response with content and atleast some people will listen without writing him off immediately (see mgk). He's kinda getting ahead of all the bs IMO. I still haven't listened to the podcast yet outside of the IG clip, btw.

Joe was getting clown for a portion of his podcast. They said it took that man 20 or more minutes to say that he was better than Em in the last ten years. That's when multiple people in radio station pause and busted out laughing.

With that said, they still said that Budden goes hard and his podcast is great.

“Sorry EM but sometimes somethin greater comes later, and old heads don’t get it you Lebron effin haters” I don’t agree with any of that but it would be cool if mgk worded something like that

“Sorry EM but sometimes somethin greater comes later, and old heads don’t get it you Lebron effin haters” I don’t agree with any of that but it would be cool if mgk worded something like that
full

"You got a couple of ghost writers, but to these kids it don't actually matter
They're askin' me, "What the **** happened to hip-hop?"
I said, "I don't have any answers."

But nothin' is feeling like anyone has any ****in' ability
To even stick to a subject, it's killin' me
The inability to pin humility
Hatata batata, why don't we make a bunch of
****in' songs about nothin' and mumble 'em!
**** it, I'm goin' for the jugular
**** is a circus, you clowns that are comin' up
Don't give an ounce of a mother****
About the ones that were here before you that made rap
Let's recap, way back, MC's that wreak havoc on tape decks
ADATs, where the G Rap's and Kane's at?
We need 3 stacks ASAP and bring Masta Ace back
'Cause half of these rappers have brain damage
All the lean rappin', face tats, syruped out like tree sap

A simpler way to put it ...

I finally listened to the budden's podcast. I remember why i don't have this on my weekly podcast rotation. took me the better part of the day just to finish it all.
I feel like joe contradicted himself a lot... Did he all of a sudden change who he was from a year ago, with all the screaming at the new rappers and talking about how they can't rap and have no bars.......now is saying bars isn't the wave it's the Vibe now....
I feel what he was saying about all the behind the scenes things... and that kinda sucks, but as I said a little earlier thats on Joe, Thats on slaughter house. but he again kinda contradicts himself because he says how straight Lyrical Slaughter house was... but in the same breath say That wasn't pushing back then... Now i don't personally know when slaughterhouse came out..and that BET Cypher was beyond dope... and everyone said how yall bodied it.............but no one bought the album.....

Now I'm a huge Joe fan, and i didn't think of it as someone put it before where all this talk on the podcast, puts context to a diss if he does have one...
I'm a huge believer in Joe's Pen too so when he says he's been better than current EM.....I don't think he is.... but I think he can challenge him.
Royce has always been the nicest. even on Bad meets evil (someone let me know what Joe was getting at with that btw)... Royce killed EVERY song on there.

Again 2 hours of Joe letting it out on EM on the podcast was too much... No Em didn't say much to make joe respond... he only had 1 line for him... but all that he said on the podcast...i pray this rap beef happens now. 2 of the nicest pens in the game going at it........Can't wait.

I think all of the stuff he mentions is true and seriously calls into question Em's credibility and it would make for arguably the strongest diss track against Em ever. But with Joe, I also see a dude who's salty about a bad deal that I think most people knew was a bad deal going in. A lot of people didn't think Slaughterhouse should have signed to Shady. Joe mentions that Em uses artists as muses, he's right. But Em and Dre had already established that they're bad label people unless you're Dre, Em or 50. Just on Shady alone the graveyard includes Cashis, Bobby Creekwater and Stat Quo. Obie at least had some success early on but a lot of it was riding off of 50's 2003 wave. D12 rode early Em's success. Joe still signed the deal knowing that and from the jump had issues. I put a lot of that blame on him. Maybe he was pressured because of the other members of Slaughterhouse but he has to take some blame for signing with a label that didn't have the greatest rep.

He seemed super salty. and what makes it worse it didn't seem like a money thing, just more of a ...EM you were suppose to help us shine.......which idk if we should respect as much.

I honestly believe that D12 was only successful because of Em features and slaughterhouse never had a chance in this day and age of rap ...

Let's face it, there is a diminishing market for content and technical rappers ... The mainstream love given to Em because he was white and technically better than any rapper ever, does not translate today ... You have to have "club songs" in today's world and also watered down content ...

Remember when you could listen to a CD and know off jump what songs were thrown on the record to push sales through radio exposure? I would be mad as **** with My Name Is types even though it was catchy as hell because Em would SLAUGHTER the rest of his album ... Same with old Jay H to the Izzo type songs ...

I dont want to sound old but I'm seeing this generation as completely uninterested in substance ... Whther it's rap or video games or social media ... Kids want catchy songs, preferably with an accompanying dance routine, that they dont have to think too much about ...
Yes and no... There's substance of what they want..........
They're in to the feelings, and the drugs, and the do what you want thing.
Where my (our) generation was a bit different. especially depending on the neighborhood you were in.

very well said.

Budden blames his failure on Em when its just the ebs and flows of the industry. Remember when "street cred" mattered. When if you didn't write your raps you were a poser and your career was done. That was the era that was the time. We slowly have transitioned into a new era. And there were casualties along the way like Slaughterhouse and Budden. The kids these days aren't checking an Em album anyway. Maybe some but 14-20 year olds im sure are more pressed for some new Lil Uzi Vert then anything Em or slaughterhouse would ever have to offer.

Again budden seems butt hurt per usual that Em is wild successful and he never was even though he thinks technically he is a better rapper (which really mean's nothing because there are a ton of gifted rappers that never get as big as em...or even budden) i haven't listened to the budden podcast in full yet...might not...he annoys me when he gets on his high horse even though he does make valid points at times

as I said on the top.. valid points...
but don't go on for literally 30 mins about how you're better.. yet you not spitting nothing

Shut up with 1. Weak as bars 2. Suggesting Lebron is better. LoL

Em working on an mgk diss on some thanos ****
I hope so, cause this **** taking long. I would of have thought he had joint for everyone he dissed. As soon as the came back, within minutes release the rebuttal. Marketing ....

G eazy should stick to his poppy rap songs.

just saw the funniest meme with Malone... he's in the back of the buzz as ralph from simpsons chuckling and saying im in danger

I’m 33 years old from The Bronx (NY) and this is a serious question, what are all these lyrical Joe Buddens songs I keep hearing about?

I keep hearing that Joe is gonna wash Em, but what is that based on? When I think of lyrical rappers from the NYC area around Joe’s age I think: Jada, Fab, Papoose, Juelz, Lloyd Banks, Cam’ron, and even 50 to a certain extent. IJS

I’m 33 years old from The Bronx (NY) and this is a serious question, what are all these lyrical Joe Buddens songs I keep hearing about?

I keep hearing that Joe is gonna wash Em, but what is that based on? When I think of lyrical rappers from the NYC area around Joe’s age I think: Jada, Fab, Papoose, Juelz, Lloyd Banks, Cam’ron, and even 50 to a certain extent. IJS
No one is really saying Joe Budden is going to lyrically wash EM. The thing Joe does in his battles is use content and facts to get under people skins. So he would come at Em on some therapeutic stuff and examine EM like a therapist.

I don’t think that EM can really wash anyone now cause outside of telling MGK to stop commenting his daughter it was a bunch of bars that sounded good but had no content.

It Is a lot of Em and Joe talk but what Em going to do with MGK?? If Em is who y’all say he is MGK should be dust by now?

yall act like Em was really trying to kill MGK in that verse. he mainly said dont comment on my daughter, and i saw you tried to sneak diss, you dont want it...
It Wasn't even a diss. And with what he said he said it in a lyrical flow way...
Come on yall have heard Em disses before... this was not one of them.

yall act like Em was really trying to kill MGK in that verse. he mainly said dont comment on my daughter, and i saw you tried to sneak diss, you dont want it...
It Wasn't even a diss. And with what he said he said it in a lyrical flow way...
Come on yall have heard Em disses before... this was not one of them.
:rofl:Em spits 30 bars directed at MGK and it isn’t a diss?

42 from the Bronx as well and this probably my favorite Joey joint lyrically ... heard everything but this, dude just unzipped on this joint ...

Back
Top Bottom