Eminem NEW ALBUM - Kamikaze

It’s sad that he’s saying he’s better than someone when dude don’t even ******* rap anymore

Cant wait

But i hope everyone osnt going to play out the...."youve been rhyming words your whole career"
Come on half yall career is the same thing talking bout stuff yall dont do anymore and havent done since the money came.

Em been tellin stories even if some have been lack luster or not talking about kidnapping killing drug use.

Revival is sort of proof of him trying to have different content

Last edited:
Yeah that's cool but miss me with the Podcast response. Drop some bars B.

This

Again...critics say whatever they can to get views. Budden...no one thinks your career based on your "feelings" is better then Em's. And im a budden fan...ive actually heard all the mood muzic tapes. Saying "I'm a content guy" then saying Em has no content....ok cool. I'm a bars guy....and em has bars for YEARS...sooo agree to disagree? Nope 2 hour podcast on why em sucks

Reading the synopsis for the budden ep he seem bitter...
Need him to just respond in bars. Im a budden fan also but he really going toact like his bark aint been loud the last 3 years?

Currently going back on these em albums..
Almost finished with recovery. Did people really not like this?
Almost theentire album he's telling a story of redemption. Catchy tunes. Bars

I **** with the first half of the album :sick::pimp: last few tracks I'd have to replay to truly judge. But I remember hearing some at the gym and was very impressed.

I hated Recovery. The beats, the flow and the yelling he was doing. Terrible. Liked 2-3 songs and couldn't do the rest.

We ll see if Joey comes out of retirement for EM. At least EM would entertain a battle. Unlike Jay Z and Drake throwing subliminals and then when Joey responds with full on diss tracks they take that “I’m too famous to respond approach.” Do it for the culture goddam it. Push your feelings to the side.

Joe's best diss track may have come in the form of a podcast. A lot of truth in what he's saying about Em being a megastar and not helping push Slaughterhouse. From someone who's followed Joe pretty much his whole career, something definitely seemed off when the group signed with Shady and things didn't take off like they should have.

Shady is trash at artist development. Obie is the only person who had a real run, and that was short lived as hell.

Look at Griselda over there just putting out mixtapes. They’re great tapes, but I haven’t seen much of a big push yet, unless there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

I think all of the stuff he mentions is true and seriously calls into question Em's credibility and it would make for arguably the strongest diss track against Em ever. But with Joe, I also see a dude who's salty about a bad deal that I think most people knew was a bad deal going in. A lot of people didn't think Slaughterhouse should have signed to Shady. Joe mentions that Em uses artists as muses, he's right. But Em and Dre had already established that they're bad label people unless you're Dre, Em or 50. Just on Shady alone the graveyard includes Cashis, Bobby Creekwater and Stat Quo. Obie at least had some success early on but a lot of it was riding off of 50's 2003 wave. D12 rode early Em's success. Joe still signed the deal knowing that and from the jump had issues. I put a lot of that blame on him. Maybe he was pressured because of the other members of Slaughterhouse but he has to take some blame for signing with a label that didn't have the greatest rep.

Shady is trash at artist development. Obie is the only person who had a real run, and that was short lived as hell.

Look at Griselda over there just putting out mixtapes. They’re great tapes, but I haven’t seen much of a big push yet, unless there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

D-12. Those guys were made in the "Slim Shady" mold, and couldn't sustain their momentum, then Proof died, then Bizarre went on reality tv to lose weight, and the group just fizzled.

Sad.

Bizarre on reality TV was lowkey the final blow. You can’t show me normal family man Bizarre, then expect me to be cool when he goes into some wild incestual **** I’m a verse.:lol:

On mmlp2 now.

I feel like the ninja hoods are always going to come with their.. " i liked him during infinite..and i listen to mf doom brother ali. Immortal real lyricist...." No offense ninja hood just using that example.
So far otger than revival i dont see where people are getting this...for a decade Em been trash thing....

By the way are we over the initial shock of MGK responding yet...because his diss was Light at best....
A lot of things he was saying was corny.
Also i don't care about em "blackballing" mgk...cuz real talent will always shine and hes had multiple opportunities

Last edited:
Sad.

Bizarre on reality TV was lowkey the final blow. You can’t show me normal family man Bizarre, then expect me to be cool when he goes into some wild incestual **** I’m a verse.:lol:

:lol: word. I remember when his verse from amityville I was like WTF :wow::sick::smh::lol:

I ****** my cousin in his *******, slit my mother's throat
Guess who Slim Shady just signed to Interscope?
My little sister's birthday, she'll remember me
For a gift I had ten of my boys take her virginity
And *****es know me as a horny-*** freak
Their mother wasn't raped, I ate her ***** while she was 'sleep
Pissy-drunk, throwin up in the urinal (you ****in' homo'!)
That's what I said at my dad's funeral

I honestly believe that D12 was only successful because of Em features and slaughterhouse never had a chance in this day and age of rap ...

Let's face it, there is a diminishing market for content and technical rappers ... The mainstream love given to Em because he was white and technically better than any rapper ever, does not translate today ... You have to have "club songs" in today's world and also watered down content ...

Remember when you could listen to a CD and know off jump what songs were thrown on the record to push sales through radio exposure? I would be mad as **** with My Name Is types even though it was catchy as hell because Em would SLAUGHTER the rest of his album ... Same with old Jay H to the Izzo type songs ...

I dont want to sound old but I'm seeing this generation as completely uninterested in substance ... Whther it's rap or video games or social media ... Kids want catchy songs, preferably with an accompanying dance routine, that they dont have to think too much about ...

I honestly believe that D12 was only successful because of Em features and slaughterhouse never had a chance in this day and age of rap ...

Let's face it, there is a diminishing market for content and technical rappers ... The mainstream love given to Em because he was white and technically better than any rapper ever, does not translate today ... You have to have "club songs" in today's world and also watered down content ...

Remember when you could listen to a CD and know off jump what songs were thrown on the record to push sales through radio exposure? I would be mad as **** with My Name Is types even though it was catchy as hell because Em would SLAUGHTER the rest of his album ... Same with old Jay H to the Izzo type songs ...

I dont want to sound old but I'm seeing this generation as completely uninterested in substance ... Whther it's rap or video games or social media ... Kids want catchy songs, preferably with an accompanying dance routine, that they dont have to think too much about ...

very well said.

Budden blames his failure on Em when its just the ebs and flows of the industry. Remember when "street cred" mattered. When if you didn't write your raps you were a poser and your career was done. That was the era that was the time. We slowly have transitioned into a new era. And there were casualties along the way like Slaughterhouse and Budden. The kids these days aren't checking an Em album anyway. Maybe some but 14-20 year olds im sure are more pressed for some new Lil Uzi Vert then anything Em or slaughterhouse would ever have to offer.

Again budden seems butt hurt per usual that Em is wild successful and he never was even though he thinks technically he is a better rapper (which really mean's nothing because there are a ton of gifted rappers that never get as big as em...or even budden) i haven't listened to the budden podcast in full yet...might not...he annoys me when he gets on his high horse even though he does make valid points at times

In the early Shady Records days, artists sold well. D12 did well with Em being the core part of the group. Obie was signed around the same time D12 was signed but didn't drop until after 50 signed and dropped Get Rich. Obie did well. At some point, the sales figures went down for D12 and Obie. 50 continued selling well but even that dropped off. Slaughterhouse signed after artists on Shady were being shelved and their sales went down. I never thought for a moment that Shady was a good fit for the group especially considering how Shady operates and how if you really think about, Slaughterhouse's best songs are their least commercially friendly songs.

Aftermath operates in a similar manner. I remember meeting Joell Ortiz in Queens when he dropped Bodega Chronicles independently. It was announced that he just signed to Aftermath, this was 2007. I wanted to ask him "why did you sign with Dre? have you seen what happens to his other artists?" Out of respect to Joell and how much of a good mood he was in, I didn't ask him that. Sure enough, when Aftermath dropped him (he says he left, some people say he never signed), I wasn't shocked. That's how Shady moves too. I think Royce is the biggest reason they signed to Shady. I don't think Joe ever wanted to sign.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom