Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

Like I said, the Elon haters in here just don't understand how computers work. It's not like you write a program and then it automatically runs in the background :lol: This isn't Christmas magic. No, you need employees there 24-7 to run the actual program. Macy's closes at 9 pm and sends their employees home, that's why you can't order anything from Macy's.com after 9 pm.

It's obvious that if Twitter is still standing after firing 75% of their staff, that only 25% of their staff is needed. Hotels are the same. You could fire all the custodians, the building would still stand, you just need ONE employee to hand out keys.

Just wait until Elon buys the fire department. Can't wait to hear libs cry about something else they don't understand.
Whatsapp has 900 million users worldwide

And it only employs 50 engineers

And if they can somehow turn profitability around, then what?

On to the next hopeful cause of Twitters failure?

Like I said, we'd all be better off if people just said they hate Elon and his "not moderate" views instead of posting random embeds of people who think they know what they're talking about
Then my opinion will change

That's how it works

People update their opinion based on new information.

But what has my opinion been? Do you even know?

Last edited:
If I was an investor in SpaceX I would be concerned about the company bailing out Twitter

Musk owns less than half the equity but he almost certainly has more than 50% voting power and the board appears to be captive

Maybe the VCs who own the other half are ok with the self-dealing

If I was an investor in SpaceX I would be concerned about the company bailing out Twitter
I wish I were a fly in the Pentagon or in the State department.

I don't think it's far-fetched to think that there are people in these agencies who are second-guessing Musk's involvement in national security stuff, but it may still be cheaper to go through Space X than to get NASA to work on whatever the government needs.

SpaceX has been a NASA contractor in the past I don't know what any of the involvement is at the current time.

I don't want to alarm you, but Twitter is bigger than your personal timeline

I don’t know who that is, nor do I know their history/what they did to deserve a ban or care to look them up. All platforms censor and ban people for random reasons, many times unfairly or for biased reasons especially around elections and health discourse this is has been going on for years.

I can only speak on my experience, and Twitter has remained the same for me.

isn’t a moderate republican an independent?

Don’t know any moderate republicans. They’re either maga or too dumb to realize that kids actually aren’t pooping in litter boxes in school and fall for all the dumb culture war propaganda.

About 45% of the country is democrat and only about 25% is republican.

Seems to me in order for republicans to be moderate they would need closer to 50/50

Musk owns less than half the equity but he almost certainly has more than 50% voting power and the board appears to be captive

Maybe the VCs who own the other half are ok with the self-dealing
I have a hard time believing Spacex is profitable, but I get your point, even if it were profitable diverting funds from one profitable business out of its profits to support another is pretty stupid and difficult to do with a company of Spacex size and governance. From a financial standpoint Tesla (which makes a lot of money) is the only business Musk makes money on.

Elon has already poured his personal finances into twitter and obviously more recently his time. I think Elon has already acknowledged he has taken a substantial financial loss and cannot regain that in the short term. I suspect he intends to continue down this path until he sees a long term strategy of getting his money back in 5-10 years. While some suspect he appoints a CEO, there has been nothing to indicate this is imminent.

The steering wheel falling off is new and unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of with other car manufacturers. I understand that compared to other car makers, Tesla is "small," but this should have never passed QA/QC (if there's even a functional QA/QC department there).

Telsa charges 15k or $199 per month for full self driving...one of the main selling points of the cars that's still in "Beta" ie doesn't fully work.

Tesla won't sell parts directly to customers, allow third party repairs with non authorized shops (wait times can be crazy) and Telsa will stop updates, disable features/fast charging if you do something they do approve of.

But he's crying about Apple's fee to sell on their block :lol:

Still appreciating the drama. Elon continues to look more and more like a clown

"If apple pulls twitter i will have to make my own phone"...ok? You think that is a threat to apple in anyway? You think your phone and its eco system will be up and running properly any time soon...just so you can have a twitter app on this phone. But when people say "if twitter turns into a right wing hub we are leaving" and his response is "you won't leave...you are addicted to this app you will never go anywhere". But that logic isn't the same with the phone. The twitter app is soooo addicting that you would buy a new phone just to have it. Again....twitter is not some end all be all for people. I don't understand why he thinks that twitter can fix the woes of the world. It could be gone tomorrow and people will just keep it moving

He may be arrogant enough to do it. Which once again...i am here for :lol:

There’s an Elon pic/meme out there of him sitting down on a chair spraying something in some guys face that’s screaming into a phone “oh yeah, well, look at how much money Elon has! He’s a lot richer than you’ll ever be”. Made me think of some of his goofy fan boys who ate up that Elon will build his own smart phone talk.

That's so sad to me. Nothing wrong with admiring a Titan of industry at this point, but no one is infallible, the idol worship really strange. Folks having a bit of fun with the chaos and dudes have to run in "well here's the good that daddy is doing!"

Back
Top Bottom