ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Originally Posted by slaterSB

anybody can get shot,but why do we have to entertain the idea...
especially on this board. if i remember correctly you cant use the word r,a,p,e

assassinations are a major part of our presidential history, it goes hand in hand with being president, that it' s always a possibility. its a risk of the job if you will
only 4 have been assassinated so its not that major

pimp.gif
I'm glad I voted (even in Cali where Obama would get our electoralvotes anyway), to be a part of history. It still hasn't sunk in quite yet that Obama will be PRESIDENT Obama. Idon't know if others feel the same way, but I just get goosebumps thinking about that. The fact that a MINORITY (Black, Asian, Latino, etc.) is going to bethe President just shows this country is moving forward, IMO.

He will have a tough time once he gets in office, but I have faith that he can do the job.

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by bdis1986

"if all the other obama threads are getting locked, why is the assasination thread open?" because its a possibility that it could happen maybe
and thats what we want our minds on the day after he got elected

not wishing that it happens, but dont act like it cant happen, anybody can be touched. it would always be on my mind if i was obama

WORD

Originally Posted by rickybadman

President,Check....House,Check....Senate,Check...All we need now is for some of those Conservative Justices to retire or drop dead and were good.
pimp.gif
Umm....how is that a good thing? He has a virtual monopoly. Anyone in their right mind can tell you that isn't a good thing.

therealjondoe:
Dirtylicious:
therealjondoe:
if all the other obama threads are getting locked,
why is the assasination thread open
alien.gif
?

b/c it was started on 10/27.
it was a discussion previously started before the results of the election.....I don't see why it should be closed
The obama threads that were started today could all have been placed in this election thread.

z132037492.jpg

things that make u go... hmmm
the assaination thread stays open
the exposing face book racists thread gets closed
I'm not one to assume and 'Go hmmmm', so I'll just ask you straight up: what are you trying to suggest?

Whatever it is, if you're going to beat around the bush with some answer like 'I'm just saying, this thread over was locked, but this thread overhere stays open. That kind of looks fishy,' then that could indicate that even you know that whatever you're suggesting is too ridiculous to even say.

So what is it you're suggesting?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I hope some of you guys come around and just support the man and see what he CAN do.. and if doesn't you have the same choice you had this election. To vote for someone else.
I don't support him nor do I oppose him.
I'm skeptical.

I am anxious to see what he can and will do. Hopefully he won't be status quo.
eh.

you go "racist? ive never heard anything like that, and if it was true, you would give me facts to support"

once the facts come in that YOU requested, its "oh, well i don't believe that"

you coulda just said off top "i dont think hes racist"

truthfully, do i think ron paul is a racist? no....i don't

do i believe indifferent? possibly...

I mean, dude published and endorsed racist rants....

his defense was "i didnt write it"

but he fake "read" it, endorsed it, gave it the okay AND published it....and didnt refute it until it was brought up in a race...when he HAD to address it...

you don't think that it speaks on his character, i do...

and thats cool...

we can disagree.
If you don't think that's evidence of racism than what's the beef here?
laugh.gif

I agree it's something. You call it indifferent. I call it negligent.
For myself, his actions in congress and as a Dr. providing free care to poor folks (not only for whites; yeh, go figure
grin.gif
)speak to his character.

(btw, those newsletters were brought up all the time while he was running for his seat in Texas. )-that's why I thought there might be some new evidence.

Yeh, we disagree on this issue but we both agree that he's not racist.

I only brought up Paul in the beginning to showcase what a real record of "change" in Congress looks like. This is NT so it went in a diff. directionbut that's alright.

btw, I voted for Nader this time around. He was the only choice I could stomach on the NY ballot.
laugh.gif

Change is never easy. He's been saying this as well. During the debates and other stump speech rallies.

No one is experienced to be President, no matter how many years you have been in Washington. Clinton has been quoted saying being President is a experience youcan not imagine.

Our country was founded by a whole bunch of inexperienced guys, look up George Washington.

You can also judge how a future President runs his campaign. Look up Lyndon Johnson who helped write a real civil rights act, unlike the appeasment garbage inthe pass.

My only fear for Obama is the escalation of fighting inbetween Afghanistan and Pakistan. He could have another Vietnam which ruined Lyndon Johnson as well.

assassinations are a major part of our presidential history, it goes hand in hand with being president, that it' s always a possibility. its a risk of the job if you will
only 4 have been assassinated so its not that major

4 killed, 17 attempts. But its not the numbers its who they killed that make it history

good grief .....keep thinking it's some sort of bias...
indifferent.gif
as if we want obama killed....please, get real.

you don't see the 50+ threads that were started about the election results from last night to today.. why?...b/c most of them are hidden.
there's an election thread.....that's why the others are being closed...that's it.

the assassination of a president, as unpalatable a subject it is... is indeed a valid subject(there have been many assassination attempts on presidents)...andit was started well before the election results were in....why should it be closed?...just b/c you happen to find the subject unpleasant?

Umm....how is that a good thing?

I agree. This country was founded on being balanced. While some may think that it's a good idea, if there is ever something come up in congress that youdon't agree with, who's going to stop it. That's not specific about Obama's time in office, but past and future.

Ok guys I have to get this off my chest.

I am so proud of what Barack Obama has done. He fought a hard campaign against John McCain. Some people may agree or not but he did.
He did what so many thought was impossible. He overcame the odds.
Hopefully this goes to show America anything is possible if you work your %@$ off.

I know that all of Obama's policies wont be taken into effect but if he does most of them I believe this country will once again be a strong nation.

It's going to take time but give Obama time to bring "change".

I once again have some faith in the government after this election.

This is the time for ALL of AMERICA to come together as one because we are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

And finally I am Proud and honored to say that my President is BARACK OBAMA.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

President,Check....House,Check....Senate,Check...All we need now is for some of those Conservative Justices to retire or drop dead and were good.
pimp.gif

You're insane if you think that is a good idea.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

therealjondoe:
Dirtylicious:
therealjondoe:
alien.gif
?
it was a discussion previously started before the results of the election.....I don't see why it should be closed
The obama threads that were started today could all have been placed in this election thread.

z132037492.jpg

I'm not one to assume and 'Go hmmmm', so I'll just ask you straight up: what are you trying to suggest?

Whatever it is, if you're going to beat around the bush with some answer like 'I'm just saying, this thread over was locked, but this thread over here stays open. THat kind of looks fishy,' then that could indicate that even you know that whatever you're suggesting is too ridiculous to even say.

what positive can come out of discussing on assissination of the president,
meanwhile racists are being exposed for the pieces of crap they are and you lock that.
why?
are you defending racists?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

good grief .....keep thinking it's some sort of bias...
indifferent.gif
as if we want obama killed....please, get real.

you don't see the 50+ threads that were started about the election results from last night to today.. why?...b/c most of them are hidden.
there's an election thread.....that's why the others are being closed...that's it.

the assassination of a president, as unpalatable a subject it is... is indeed a valid subject(there have been many assassination attempts on presidents)...and it was started well before the election results were in....why should it be closed?...just b/c you happen to find the subject unpleasant?

so why is we arnt allowed to use the term rap.e when discribing prices?
grin.gif

is it unpleasent?
why are we not allowed to talk about drugs on here?
but we can talk about taking the life of the 1st black president...

from yahoo:
President Obama began this process last night, in his victory speech, when he noted that restoring the country's health might take more than a term. In the next few weeks, he should go well beyond this:
The deficit will be more than $1 trillion a year for several years
The country needs a massive new fiscal stimulus
The housing market will continue to decline through at least 2010
Interest rates and taxes will eventually have to rise (after the economy stabilizes)
Weak corporations have to be allowed to fail
Millions of homeowners will lose their house
Unemployment will probably rise to 10%
The government simply cannot "bail the country out" -- not because it lacks the will, but because it lacks the power In short, Obama needs to acknowedge reality, erring on the side of overstating the problems and challenges, and he needs to prepare the country for several tough years. Because if he doesn't, within six months of his taking office, the country will have forgotten all about the prior administration and will instead be blaming everything on him.

i wonder if obama will ever be on a dollar bill or some form of currency?

from yahoo:
President Obama began this process last night, in his victory speech, when he noted that restoring the country's health might take more than a term. In the next few weeks, he should go well beyond this:
Interest rates and taxes will eventually have to rise (after the economy stabilizes)
The government simply cannot "bail the country out" -- not because it lacks the will, but because it lacks the power In short, Obama needs to acknowedge reality, erring on the side of overstating the problems and challenges, and he needs to prepare the country for several tough years. Because if he doesn't, within six months of his taking office, the country will have forgotten all about the prior administration and will instead be blaming everything on him.

its possible
it depends on what he can accomplish
be sure he will have to do double then your average prez
wink.gif

grin.gif
is it unpleasent?
1. we're not revisiting that subject again.
2. it's illegal and against the rules
3. he is the president. assassination attempts are inevitable and a fact of life for the president. him being black has nothing to do with it.

and I'm sorry...but I'm not about to continue to debate on the ethics of the board when you've been warned for requesting pics of a woman who got raped

end of discussion......at least from my end it is

therealjondoe:
23ska909red02:
therealjondoe:
Dirtylicious:
therealjondoe:
alien.gif
?

z132037492.jpg

Whatever it is, if you're going to beat around the bush with some answer like 'I'm just saying, this thread over was locked, but this thread over here stays open. That kind of looks fishy,' then that could indicate that even you know that whatever you're suggesting is too ridiculous to even say.

what positive can come out of discussing on assissination of the president,
meanwhile racists are being exposed for the pieces of crap they are and you lock that.
why?
are you defending racists?
In the absence of a clear answer, it's never acceptable to just assume an answer.

You're beating around the bush, something I already predicted you would do. That indicates to me that whatever it is you're thinking, it's tooridiculous for you to just come and say.

Simple question: What. Are you. Suggesting?

from yahoo:

its possible
it depends on what he can accomplish
be sure he will have to do double then your average prez
wink.gif

I don't think so. Each of our bank notes, 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, &100 are already taken by great faces already and no way in hell are we substituting them. the only possibility for obama to be on money is maybe a collectors edition coin which doesn't mean anything.

I have not ever really been proud of this country until last night...... january cant come soon enough

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

grin.gif
is it unpleasent?
1. we're not revisiting that subject again.
2. it's illegal and against the rules
3. he is the president. assassination attempts are inevitable and a fact of life for the president. him being black has nothing to do with it.

and I'm sorry...but I'm not about to continue to debate on the ethics of the board when you've been warned for requesting pics of a woman who got raped

end of discussion......at least from my end it is
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom