ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Congrats to Obama, I'm glad though, A HUGE step forward for our nation.
I wonder if he realizes that he will be in every history book that comes out in the future. What can you say to that? thats an epic thing.

im just proud that i voted. now when my kids go to school i will be able to say i was there, i voted for that man.

makes me all tingly inside =)

accordnig to wawaweewa we were all supposed to be attacked by aliens last month sotake what he has to say with a grain of salt.

wink.gif

IMG_0112.JPG

this thread is taking a turn for the worse.....and before it falls into
oblivion, i'll give my last 2 cents

there is no need to argue about why a person voted for a candidate.
it is obvious the some voted based on skin color while many others
voted for the cause. i went out to celebrate and i have NEVER seen
so many people of different nationalities giving high fives and looking
so dayum happy. this election was HUGE and it was the youth voters
who brought it home. WE are the ones who would suffer, and our kids,
and so on. who cares if you pay a few extra taxes. we are ALL paying
for these big company bail outs and their vacations and their spa trips.
so, suddenly because a man tells you what he will do if you make over a
certain amount, you care how your tax dollars are spent? what about this
wack @%+ war we've been wasting money on....get real. your tax dollars
have been wasted for many years, but the minute we hear "take" from the
rich and give to the poor, we become selfish.
tired.gif

"But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will
be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will
be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much,
even more will be required." luke 12:48

bottom line....barack h. obama is your 44th president
smile.gif

this post has been very entertaining.....thanks tbone
wink.gif

peace!

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by HUUUD

accordnig to wawaweewa we were all supposed to be attacked by aliens last month so take what he has to say with a grain of salt.

wink.gif

IMG_0112.JPG

what!
eek.gif

THESE GUYS >
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

laugh.gif

PLEASE explain
i may be wrong actually, but i thought he was all up in that 10/14/08 thread. Could have been someone else though.
laugh.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Because, people like Malcolm and Martin, AND Medgar Evars (who died after coming home from helping people register to vote) fought for this day.

And to be just FORTY years removed from the civil rights movement and to have a man of color become president is unprecedented. Malcolm fought for equality in his own brand, and he wasn't killed by whites, he was killed by his very own people. Who, like you, were afraid of change and cynical of the ideas that Malcolm could bring forth.

In essence, since you listen to Ghost so much, a bunch of "shark biters" was crampin' his style.

My grandfather and great uncles were beaten in Richmond, Virginia for rallying to vote. I'm 25 years old, and I NEVER thought I would see this day. If anything you should show some respect for the people that helped put all of us in this position, not just black or white. That's why I get so upset when you say its all about race. Not once did that man ask the black vote to pick him because of his skin, it was because he was an American. The white right-wing voters put the emphasis on his race, not the BO camp.

I don't %*!# with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, so I didn't vote just cause he was black, but because he has common sense.

I can't believe I'm getting upset over this on such a momentous day. I hope you got what you wanted.

My-T.

They fought for the day you COULD vote for a black man if he was the best candidate in your opinion... not just so you could vote for someone because he was black. They fought for equality, not blind following and ignorance about the issues.

That's what you're not understanding.

Yes it's great to see a black man make it so far in politics considering where this country was 40 years ago - but you completely missed the point about what those men fought for. And that's what bugs me about this all. I think many of those men and women that fought for equality would be really disappointed in the way some people treated this election, so if you are gonna claim them as your heroes you better be holding up the same ideals they did... simply voting for any black man and not even knowing what he stands for is not holding up their ideals.

Please tell me you're black...

If not, please continue to vent your skepticism about Obama the politician at your discretion (even though he hasn't been sworn in yet), but chill with the"ancestor" talk. Many of these people that fought are still alive and still voting. And you are talking to the children, grandchildren, neices andnephews of these people. Black America is so diverse, but BET and the news would have you thinking otherwise, and I can't blame anyone on the receivingend of those images for that. But don't speak on what you don't know. You don't understand the moment.

If you think the majority of blacks voted for Obama JUST because he's black, you're wrong. You definitely weren't tuned in to black politicsduring the primary when he was running against Hilary Clinton. He actually had to win over the black vote going up against Clinton. Breaking through blackAmerica's adoration for the Clintons was not easy at all. Old civil rights people figures like Rangel and Young and even that #@!% Bob Johnson were all inopposition of Obama and riding for Clinton because they are politicians. We all seen what that clown Jesse Jackson marching @%@ was up to. We see what'sgoing on. Obama was criticized and examined and even his blackness was questioned. You have no idea how much of a skeptic a black person can be of another. The black vote was NOT given to him because he is black. Voter registration and turnout in record numbers is not the result of him beingblack, but the result of economics, unnecessary war, gas prices, voter fraud in '00 and '04...Bush's face, McCain and the joke that is Palin. People are hurting. That's the bottom line. People have to be brushed up on the issues, true, but people's life experiences motivated them to goaway from Bush.

Yes, its irresponsible to vote in spite of, but the issues usually mean @%@! in an election and many know this. You are not giving people credit forunderstanding this. Damn near all politicians spew empty rhetoric when trying to get elected. That's a given and something most voter eligible blacksunderstand completely. The politician in the black community is not looked upon favorably. But when we have a chance to make history and to veer away fromthe Bush era, why the hell not? Give him a chance. There were only two realistic choices and the blacks that voted for Obama sided with him as a candidatethat they most identified with, and yes, that includes the color of his skin. We felt that we wouldn't give ourselves, as Americans, a chance with McCain. Obama was elected with the hope of change, not with the expectation because of the natural skepticism of ANY politician. Don't think for a second that weare just satisfied with getting him in there. We want him to to his job, to be the best president he can be, not just be black and smile and be quotable. Westill got Jesse and Al. But this moment is celebratory. Yes people will overreact, but for this moment in time, let them have it.

The change that Obama represents is not necessarily just what he can do politically. It's motivational in the fact that the perception can move from"slanging crack rock or a wicked jumpshot" mentality to actually seeing where education, family and even politics can take you. He's a rolemodel.

Its spiritual in the fact that our ancestor's faith has been confirmed. Not making Obama a god-like figure, but he's a figure head in an event thatproves the God our ancestors relied on during those times are still with them and us. That a black man can move the country on the merits of his mind, notthe merits of his athletic skills.

And to be all the way real with you, many blacks, including myself, do not feel the need to explain or justify to others our reason for voting for Obama otherthan him being black because it shouldn't be assumed that we can't see past his skin color. Do you think that, with what just took place and with theblack history in America, we could give a damn about "your" skepticism of our motives? This is THIS generation's example of achieving equality. We haven't seen black's unify for much since the civil rights era. Don't sit there and question our motives, our actions and our intelligence wewhen celebrate a culmination of our ancestors work. The result is EXACTLY what they fought, bled and died for.

I voted for Obama and him being black was absolutely a factor. The fact is, most racists these days aren't as bold as the used to be...or better yet,cowards. Racism is taboo. I would rather know where you stand. It's a lot of cowards on NT right now. How you feel about me no longer affects how Ifeel about myself. And I will absolutely NOT apologize for being black and voting for a black president.

well damn. anybody wake up feeling the same as any other day? I voted Obama, but I dont feel any better like a weight was lifted off of my chest. Maybe itsjust me though.

Just in case somebody is still feeling salty yall gotta remember....I voted against Bush both times and lost. I did not know how America voted him 2 times butI accepted that America has spoken. I accepted him at my President. I dealt with Bushs policies for 8 years. Now we are in a new direction and I hope allrepublicans can do the same thing and accept that no matter what hes our president. No matter what its hard for a President to have 100 of america on theirside. Crap even 70%. But in the end America voted. I live in California so I always saw it as up to middle America, Ohio, and Florida to vote and they did. Dont question why they voted for Obama the same reaosn I stopped questioning how Ohio and Florida voted for Bush 2 times. And I know well non of yall leavinthe country. I remember when Canada welcomed us after Bush was re-elected but nobody really went yall.

Thanks Obama, I had to hear all the ignorant people cheering yesterday, keeping me up all night. Also, I can't wait to pay more taxes for my business forlazy people that have no desire to get a job. Let's give them more incentive to be lazy. However, try to prove me wrong and I'll eat my words.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Because, people like Malcolm and Martin, AND Medgar Evars (who died after coming home from helping people register to vote) fought for this day.

And to be just FORTY years removed from the civil rights movement and to have a man of color become president is unprecedented. Malcolm fought for equality in his own brand, and he wasn't killed by whites, he was killed by his very own people. Who, like you, were afraid of change and cynical of the ideas that Malcolm could bring forth.

In essence, since you listen to Ghost so much, a bunch of "shark biters" was crampin' his style.

My grandfather and great uncles were [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]beaten[/color] in Richmond, Virginia for rallying to vote. I'm 25 years old, and I NEVER thought I would see this day. If anything you should show some respect for the people that helped put all of us in this position, not just black or white. That's why I get so upset when you say its all about race. Not once did that man ask the black vote to pick him because of his skin, it was because he was an American. The white right-wing voters put the emphasis on his race, not the BO camp.

I don't %*!# with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, so I didn't vote just cause he was black, but because he has common sense.

I can't believe I'm getting upset over this on such a momentous day. I hope you got what you wanted.

My-T.

They fought for the day you COULD vote for a black man if he was the best candidate in your opinion... not just so you could vote for someone because he was black. They fought for equality, not blind following and ignorance about the issues.

That's what you're not understanding.

Yes it's great to see a black man make it so far in politics considering where this country was 40 years ago - but you completely missed the point about what those men fought for. And that's what bugs me about this all. I think many of those men and women that fought for equality would be really disappointed in the way some people treated this election, so if you are gonna claim them as your heroes you better be holding up the same ideals they did... simply voting for any black man and not even knowing what he stands for is not holding up their ideals.

If not, please continue to vent your skepticism about Obama the politician at your discretion (even though he hasn't been sworn in yet), but chill with the "ancestor" talk. Many of these people that fought are still alive and still voting. And you are talking to the children, grandchildren, neices and nephews of these people. Black America is so diverse, but BET and the news would have you thinking otherwise, and I can't blame anyone on the receiving end of those images for that. But don't speak on what you don't know. You don't understand the moment.

If you think the majority of blacks voted for Obama JUST because he's black, you're wrong. You definitely weren't tuned in to black politics during the primary when he was running against Hilary Clinton. He actually had to win over the black vote going up against Clinton. Breaking through black America's adoration for the Clintons was not easy at all. Old civil rights people figures like Rangel and Young and even that #@!% Bob Johnson were all in opposition of Obama and riding for Clinton because they are politicians. We all seen what that clown Jesse Jackson marching @%@ was up to. We see what's going on. Obama was criticized and examined and even his blackness was questioned. You have no idea how much of a skeptic a black person can be of another. The black vote was NOT given to him because he is black. Voter registration and turnout in record numbers is not the result of him being black, but the result of economics, unnecessary war, gas prices, voter fraud in '00 and '04...Bush's face, McCain and the joke that is Palin. People are hurting. That's the bottom line. People have to be brushed up on the issues, true, but people's life experiences motivated them to go away from Bush.

Yes, its irresponsible to vote in spite of, but the issues usually mean @%@! in an election and many know this. You are not giving people credit for understanding this. Damn near all politicians spew empty rhetoric when trying to get elected. That's a given and something most voter eligible blacks understand completely. The politician in the black community is not looked upon favorably. But when we have a chance to make history and to veer away from the Bush era, why the hell not? Give him a chance. We felt that we wouldn't give ourselves, as Americans, a chance with McCain. Obama was elected with the hope of change, not with the expectation because of the natural skepticism of ANY politician. Don't think for a second that we are just satisfied with getting him in there. We want him to to his job, to be the best president he can be, not just be black and smile and be quotable. We still got Jesse and Al. But this moment is celebratory. Yes people will overreact, but for this moment in time, let them have it.

The change that Obama represents is not necessarily just what he can do politically. It's motivational in the fact that the perception can move from "slanging crack rock or a wicked jumpshot" mentality to actually seeing where education, family and even politics can take you. He's a role model.

Its spiritual in the fact that our ancestor's faith has been confirmed. Not making Obama a god-like figure, but he's a figure head in an event that proves the God our ancestors relied on during those times are still with them and us. That a black man can move the country on the merits of his mind, not the merits of his athletic skills.

And to be all the way real with you, many blacks, including myself, do not feel the need to explain or justify to others our reason for voting for Obama other than him being black because it shouldn't be assumed that we can't see past his skin color. Do you think that, with what just took place and with the black history in America, we could give a damn about "your" skepticism of our motives? This is THIS generation's example of achieving equality. We haven't seen black's unify for much since the civil rights era. Don't sit there and question our motives, our actions and our intelligence we when celebrate a culmination of our ancestors work. The result is EXACTLY what they fought, bled and died for.

I voted for Obama and him being black was absolutely a factor. The fact is, most racists these days aren't as bold as the used to be...or better yet, cowards. Racism is taboo. I would rather know where you stand. It's a lot of cowards on NT right now. How you feel about me no longer affects how I feel about myself. And I will absolutely NOT apologize for being black and voting for a black president.
There were only two realistic choices and the blacks that voted for Obama sided with him as a candidate that they most identified with, and yes, that includes the color of his skin.
And I will absolutely NOT apologize for being black and voting for a black president.
I voted for Obama and him being black was absolutely a factor.
And if all whites voted for McCain using the same logic, what would they be called?
Stop it... just stop.

I had more typed up but I realized there's a lot more to say about your post, and to try to sum it up real quick wouldn't do justice to what you typedout, which was very well said for the most part.

I'll try to get back to this later, but thanks for your respectful (except for the beginning) response. I think you missed a lot of what i was going forhowever, and I'll try to show you what I mean later on when I get a second.

Obama has set the bar pretty high.

He's said all the right things, everything that people want to hear, in regard to the economy, jobs, health care, etc.

How he'll pull it off is quite another story. I'm waiting to see if he can deliver.

I hope he can.

If so... Hell, if he can deliver on even half of his promises... The first time that I vote will be in 2012 to re-elect President Obama.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Thanks Obama, I had to hear all the ignorant people cheering yesterday, keeping me up all night. Also, I can't wait to pay more taxes for my business for lazy people that have no desire to get a job. Let's give them more incentive to be lazy. However, try to prove me wrong and I'll eat my words.
79926ad3ccf3fd9320757e7261abcf829718c904.jpg

Back
Top Bottom