EITHER VOL.. YOU CANT BE SERIOUS

Man at that time Jay was on top of the world.
No one could touch Jay.

He dissed Nas and Nas got him.
He got the Jay-Z who was on top of the %@@+!!* world.
Nas did this to Jay

*Ignore the Nas Stan *$%! thrown in and just listen to the audio of Jay

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Nas did more damage but Jay had more HP. Think about it.
I agree. It's just that Ether appealed to more people cause it was just a raw song about talking %!$% to a dude's face. I guess Jay didmore on a sentimental level, but Nas straight went hard and attacked a dude. People just like a ruthless diss track like Ether, and that's why it'sgenerally considered that Nas won. There's a reason that the word "Ether" is used the way it is today.

But this is just beating a dead horse, like those racism and N-word threads in General.

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

Glad im not the only one who thinks jay won. Ether was like a bunch of elementary school disses, callin him ugly, gay, sayin he looked like a camel and stuff. on takeover jay analyzed nas' whole career... and alot of ppl were feelin that way at the time. and super ugly was just playin sick. i will say ether was the HOTTER diss song... but takeover was the BETTER diss
Analyzed his whole career?
Like when he said IWW was ehhh
and I Am... was garbage?

Right.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Glad im not the only one who thinks jay won. Ether was like a bunch of elementary school disses, callin him ugly, gay, sayin he looked like a camel and stuff. on takeover jay analyzed nas' whole career... and alot of ppl were feelin that way at the time. and super ugly was just playin sick. i will say ether was the HOTTER diss song... but takeover was the BETTER diss
Analyzed his whole career?
Like when he said IWW was ehhh
and I Am... was garbage?

Right.

Code:
I've been in it five - smarten up NasFour albums in ten years n_?  I can divideThat's one every let's say two, two of them s**** was dueOne was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"That's a one hot album every ten year averageAnd that's so - LAAAAAAAMEJay named illmatic. u can switch out I am or nastradamus for which one was "NAHHH" and It Was Written was due.either way still summed up his career

Four albums in ten years n_? I can divide
Code:
That's one every let's say two, two of them s**** was dueOne was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"That's a one hot album every ten year averageAnd that's so - LAAAAAAAMEJay named illmatic. u can switch out I am or nastradamus for which one was "NAHHH" and It Was Written was due.either way still summed up his career

First of all, you quoted it wrong.
Secondly, I know you don't know #%%$ about Nas' catalog is you think he(Jay) was talking about IWW being doo and Nastradamus maybe being the Naahhhhh.

Code:
That's one every let's say two, two of them s**** was dueOne was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"That's a one hot album every ten year averageAnd that's so - LAAAAAAAMEJay named illmatic. u can switch out I am or nastradamus for which one was "NAHHH" and It Was Written was due.either way still summed up his career

Secondly, I know you don't know @@%* about Nas' catalog is you think he(Jay) was talking about IWW being doo and Nastradamus maybe being the Ehhhhh.
if u go by him sayin "doo" then then nastradamus was "doo" and IWW was ehhhh. i always took it as him sayin "due" asin its about time he put out another album.

He made Jay uncool. Nobody had ever done that before.

I mean, listen to the clip posted. That _ was really hurt on some "I don't feel like getting out the bed today" biz. Ether is the reason _'sfelt comfortable saying his name after that.

And as said, when a _ really gets bodied...we say he got "ethered"

Code:

Secondly, I know you don't know @@%* about Nas' catalog is you think he(Jay) was talking about IWW being doo and Nastradamus maybe being the Ehhhhh.
if u go by him sayin "doo" then then nastradamus was "doo" and IWW was ehhhh. i always took it as him sayin "due" as in its about time he put out another album.

yea I thought he meant due too
grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My fault, I was thinking of something completely else.

I see what you're saying.

I always assumed Jay was saying 2 of them %@+$$ was doo, meaning they sucked.
And that one was Ehhhhh, meaning it was average.
and then Illmatic.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Ok... now explain to me why the %%#$ a dude should care that another dude stuck his ex???

That's outrageously stupid, and I don't know about y'all but just about every dude I know who doesn't rock with his baby's mom could give a %%#$ about her where abouts as long as they don't have the dudes around their kids.

I know personally I give a rats @%% if my ex @+!@%! the entire bulls roster today, doesn't effect/affect me in any way shape or form. And that whole "left condoms in ya baby seat" was said to be an exageration for shock value.

But hey y'all take everything Shawn says as gospel tho right
eyes.gif
Thats partly true, I could care less if my BM effed whoever. But keep it real tho, u would be embarrased as hell if u get in to it with yourhomeboy or your worst enemy and it came out in front of everybody that the person had effed ya BM.
embarassed.gif
What could you really say to that?

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

When you get outclassed, outrapped or just outright destroyed on a track, the hip-hop community may say that you got:

ETHERED

Nas won.
[thread/]

It doesn't matter who you think should've won. You can convince yourself Jay won all you want, but most people think that Nas won and that's whatgives him the real victory.

i think some people get it confused with what Jay Z has become when you take about the mogul he is and that is why people think Jay got the better but...

Nas has had plenty of oppurtunities to do some of the deals Jay has had but he doesnt want them, he has said it many times, money isn't a motivating factorto him and he lives well above comfortably with the $$$ he has

Nas won this hands down, like Illphillip said, I was a younger cat back then, probably like 19 and Nas made Jay uncool to me, I was rooting for Nas when Iheard Ether

Like I said Nas won but I would rather someone make Ether towards me then Takeover or Superugly.

And Jay's career has been solid if not better since then while Nas' best work was still behind him I think we can agree on that much

you know they made more diss tracks other than ether and takeover
im guessin u havent heard the other disses

Originally Posted by asu334

Like I said Nas won but I would rather someone make Ether towards me then Takeover or Superugly.

And Jay's career has been solid if not better since then while Nas' best work was still behind him I think we can agree on that much

sales doesnt equal best work, Nas went in a funk after Ether but put out one of his best albums in 2008 IMO

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

When you get outclassed, outrapped or just outright destroyed on a track, the hip-hop community may say that you got:

ETHERED

Nas won.

Originally Posted by asu334

yea u got takeovered just doesnt have that same ring to it

Word
laugh.gif
No lye Nas forever put a word that know one used in to peoples everyday vocabulary... and its associated with taking a L...
Its like looking for fat or lazy in the dictionary and seeing a picture of eddie curry...
and I love the people who claim that ether isent as good but beacuse he is saying juvinal like disses...
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD A RAP DISS SONG... The bridge is over, no Vaseline, Hit em up, 2nd round KO etc...
Some of the greatest diss songs of all time are filled wit these type of disses...
Ether is way more effective becuse of how nas addressed him...
He treated jay like he was little N' that always looked up to him and thats not in his league...

Jay stans are the ones that always bring this topic up...they can't comprehend that Jay got his food ate on this #$+%...

Originally Posted by aBKLYNthing

any one remember the dude who broke down all the diss songs line for line? It was a while back.

if i can find it when i get home ill post it.

folks dont like it cause it was written in favor of Jay.

I mean, listen to the clip posted. That _ was really hurt on some "I don't feel like getting out the bed today" biz. Ether is the reason _'s felt comfortable saying his name after that.

roll.gif

Jay-z admitted defeat...why is this post still around 7 years later......
when was this?

and personally i got takeove >ether

but uhhh Bluprint^2 absolutely dismantled Nas.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom