Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

I just got access to eBay Topstar; I was pretty surprised because I don't buy a lot from the platform, but I have made a couple of grail purchases and suspect that's what triggered the invite. If I can get some Lost & Found 1's for retail there, I may become a more loyal customer...
Same here. Took them a while to approve my photos, but it's nice to get the answer and have it be "you're in."

My question is that they say it's a "trial period" to start - do we have to pay for a full yearly membership or something? I'm really unsure of what all happens next lol.

Gonna order some nice lovely liberal kicks
1FA817A8-B749-4743-8BFB-05B2902E283B.jpeg

Same here. Took them a while to approve my photos, but it's nice to get the answer and have it be "you're in."

My question is that they say it's a "trial period" to start - do we have to pay for a full yearly membership or something? I'm really unsure of what all happens next lol.

I'm not sure tbh. I wonder if we have to spend a certain amount in the trial period to remain eligible.

I got in this morning as well.

It's my understanding that if you buy stuff through Top Star during the 90 day trial, you'll get a permanent spot in Top Star.

Curious as to when the first sale will be.

Last edited:
How do you apply for top star?
I had filled out a form ages ago on the Ebay site about it, after I saw a couple NTers post about it, then randomly got an email from them a few weeks ago asking for three photos of some of my collection. Submitted them like Sept 25 or so, and I got an email today telling me to sign in to see if I got accepted.

Our 46th pushed this through kind of low key.

Tax question for some of you sellers,
Are you having to itemize or do a schedule C?

How can I prove $600 is not total profits?
Let’s say I get that 1099 with $600 in sales?
Maybe $200 of that came from the cost of the items. How hard is it to itemize and show proof?
Can you add in ink, boxes, and gas money for trips?

Does anyone who’s not a true LLC or reseller have a decent rundown if you just sell a bit on the side?

Add in 15% eBay fees, and now gross income increasing at 10-30%, and some people may not even make enough money to truly come out ahead. But the 1099 will make it look like a come up.

Are some of you just biting the bullet and laying the whole tax increase by increasing the price of your eBay items?

I just wonder if it’s worth the hassle.

Best video I've found that explains how to report this income.

Just letting you guys know, alot of the hyped or popular top star stuff gets sold out quick. It's like ebayers are using bots, or solestage offers limited quantities.

And I'm tired of stockx giving me b.s. on my items not passing verification. I wanted to sell a ds in packaging Supreme l/s box logo and they tell me there's a red dot on the back. Ain't my fault. And I bought a sneaker off top star and stockx telling me there's manufacturer defects. That's Sole stages or Nikes fault not mine.

Just letting you guys know, alot of the hyped or popular top star stuff gets sold out quick. It's like ebayers are using bots, or solestage offers limited quantities.

And I'm tired of stockx giving me b.s. on my items not passing verification. I wanted to sell a ds in packaging Supreme l/s box logo and they tell me there's a red dot on the back. Ain't my fault. And I bought a sneaker off top star and stockx telling me there's manufacturer defects. That's Sole stages or Nikes fault not mine.

Not only do the sellout quick, but I think they have low stock and definitely not full shots runs of the shoes that they list.

Yeah, and considering how many people have been invited to Top Star this round, it's probably gonna be even tougher now. Hopefully eBay will have more pairs allocated now, but I doubt it. Something tells me a lot of us are gonna end up with Foam Runners or slides or something wack lol.

Still, it'll feel good to at least go out swinging, instead of sitting on the bench watching others try to cop.

Man, y'all got me feeling that agita already lol. I jumped through these hoops to try to avoid the drop day BS, now I'm thinking it's gonna be even harder than trying to hit on release day :nerd: :lol:

Man, y'all got me feeling that agita already lol. I jumped through these hoops to try to avoid the drop day BS, now I'm thinking it's gonna be even harder than trying to hit on release day :nerd: :lol:
It’s cool but don’t think of it as all this heat and what not. I’ve gotten several dunks, some off whites and some af1s. I think it’s awesome especially when they don’t have to do it at all. Lots of people aren’t very grateful these days. Lots of pairs don’t have fsr and the hype stuff does sell quick.

Got the Top Star info email and yeah, $1500 in three months. Oof... I don't know if that's all sneakers or just Top Star stuff. And then, do you have to keep spending $1500 every 3 mos? That's $6k/ year.

Thanks but no thanks lol....

randomly got an email saying i'm top star. applied waaaaay back when someone first posted it in the thread. never saw an update or was asked to do anything, just got an email saying "you're a topstar."

theres a tracker but i must be overlooking the 1500 spend a quarter. seems like the next collection is being announced in 4 days.

Back
Top Bottom