Ebay flakers.

Is flaking really a bad thing though? I know I do it myself, sometimes not intentionally, but you can't always stick to a commitment.

tips on searching?

im into vintage wrestling/music/sports/media tees and merch and **** is always overpriced

As far as that stuff goes I wouldn't have any search tips. 80% of the time I'm buying shoes or car parts.

Is flaking really a bad thing though? I know I do it myself, sometimes not intentionally, but you can't always stick to a commitment.

tenor.gif

Lol I'm just saying I've noticed people getting mad and even calling out flakers like it's taboo(FB groups). Don't get me wrong, it does suck, but things happen.

There's so many shoes I'm guessing it's hard to expect someone to fully commit to purchasing a shoe. If I see a great price on a shoe I would like to own more, I'll rather purchase that shoe than buy the other. If I could afford both, I'll purchase both of course, but I know I've flaked plenty of times in my life for various reasons.

Well I know it happens. I just take it as a part of business.

i've never "flaked" lol but i see why someone would

if they find a better price or a pair of shoes they like more for equal or better price they owe u nothing my ***** ur a picture on a screen

blocking them is beyond OD and really just cuts you out of potential future business. they could have chose another pair of shoes over yours and doubled back to cop from you in a few days or something

get out ur feelings

Well it wasn't direct flakes, but legit had like 6-7 people tell me I'll get back to you or I can't purchase shoes I wanted to sell smh.

Sigh.

So dude paid.

Only after the case was opened, and now about to close.

So he either used the system to give himself an extra week to pay, or he didn't want the unpaid item strike against him so decided to pay.

And I can't leave negative feedback for him. As he paid I can only leave positive feedback.

Stupid.

Jesus. Whats ur ebay name so i can be sure to never buy from you.

Lol I'm just saying I've noticed people getting mad and even calling out flakers like it's taboo(FB groups). Don't get me wrong, it does suck, but things happen.

There's so many shoes I'm guessing it's hard to expect someone to fully commit to purchasing a shoe. If I see a great price on a shoe I would like to own more, I'll rather purchase that shoe than buy the other. If I could afford both, I'll purchase both of course, but I know I've flaked plenty of times in my life for various reasons.

This mentality is why you see less actual bidding auctions on eBay. It's a bad look on your end, but not entirely faulting you when your actions are a byproduct of that way of doing business being deemed acceptable these days, combined with eBay taking minimal action against buyers who do that stuff. On the flip side. eBay cracks down hard on sellers who find a better offer elsewhere and don't honor the price the buyer won the auction for.

As for bidding and winning something. If I bid, I pay. It doesn't matter if I found said item elsewhere for less after the auction ended. It's just the principle of knowing I placed that bid committing to honor my end of the deal if I do win. When I'm selling, if I sell something and it goes for less than what I had hoped and I get other offers, I'm honoring the price the auction was won for regardless of whatever short term gains I missed out on.

Integrity isn't what it once was both seller wise and buyer wise and that mindset of "screw ethics, I just want the best deal possible regardless if it comes at the expense of my reputation" seems to be more of the norm.

The end result is eBay going from being a predominately bidding auction website to a list your price, immediate payment only required way of doing things.

Back
Top Bottom