Ebay flakers.

say what? that aint right what ebay think this is a thrift store?

It's been like this for a minute man. That's why I've said in other threads, don't sell anything of value on eBay and sell elsewhere

Doesn't help PayPal now offers 180 days to open any claims either.

eBay is amazing for buyers which is why I try to buy everything on it and never worry about getting screwed but anything over $100 especially sneakers it's being sold on goat

It's been like this for a minute man. That's why I've said in other threads, don't sell anything of value on eBay and sell elsewhere

Doesn't help PayPal now offers 180 days to open any claims either.

eBay is amazing for buyers which is why I try to buy everything on it and never worry about getting screwed but anything over $100 especially sneakers it's being sold on goat

Some poster up above said you can only sell Deadstock on GOAT so what do you do for used kicks?

Some poster up above said you can only sell Deadstock on GOAT so what do you do for used kicks?

Goat you can sell used kicks. The buyer gets to see the pictures before purchasing so the only way goat denies your sale is if theyre in worse condition that the pictures you took or they're fake otherwise once the sale is made you're good

Sold 4 or 5 used kicks on it without an issue

Selling sneakers on eBay has to be the worst. You deal with undesirables for the most part. Broke boys and kids who have little concept of ethics and will just bid on a bunch of the same item and only pay for the one they won for the lowest price. I've had instances where they'll win an auction than proceed to try and haggle the price after that.

It's funny though because I've sold big ticket items like electronics and game issues NBA jerseys where the items went for quite a bit and had no issues, but selling sneakers I already anticipate potential issues from the jump. Especially with used shoes regardless of how upfront, honest, and descriptive you are in the listing.

Ya I had a kid Buy It Now (before immediate payment due was available) and he wanted to mess around and tell
me he may or may not pay in about a week or so! :stoneface: He did not want me to relist. Essentially holding the shoes captive.

I got his name, phone #...googled him and found that he lived in a huge Florida mansion with a huge outdoor underground pool
visible from Google Earth...all the houses in the neighborhood were huge...mansions like Fresh Prince crib or bigger.

He only paid when I told him I was gonna call him to talk about it...he knew I was going to talk to his parents and they
were probably gonna punish him. What a little *****.

Had another cat give me some minor problems...

Googled this cat and his mug shot was online...In fact, he was in his local newspaper.
He was a city employee and was arrested for stealing funds from the city.

He paid but I noticed he was banned from ebay soon after.

I tell people - the cats that buy sneakers online are not like the cats that buy Star Wars figures. :lol:
Most get my point immediately.

Dealing with this right now on a pair of my daughter's shoes I've been trying to sell. Just had my 2nd claim closed today for a non paying bidder. It's ridiculous.

Go through your blocked buyer list which may be a paragraph long...

...and see how many of them have been banned from ebay

just for ha ha's

like it or not, ebay has da best visibility in terms of sneaker selling, if i google a random nike in my size and type da nike style #, a crap load of ebay links will pop up in my size.

buy it now immediate payment should mitigate most problems.

I doubt they ever do it because it'll impact memebrship signup, but they should require some type of debit card to be linked to the eBay account upon signing up. 2 unpaid item strikes in a year span = a ban, or really get extreme in that the buyer has 48 hours to pay on their own accord, if not, they have it set where the funds willl automatically be charged to their card, or taken out the account the way eBay does with seller fees.

As a seller they need to do something though. I don't mind paying eBay's exuberant fees as it's a cost of doing business and getting the exposure and platform eBay provides. But damn, go to bat for your sellers for once and stop kissing buyers asses every way possible.

I doubt they ever do it because it'll impact memebrship signup, but they should require some type of debit card to be linked to the eBay account upon signing up. 2 unpaid item strikes in a year span = a ban, or really get extreme in that the buyer has 48 hours to pay on their own accord, if not, they have it set where the funds willl automatically be charged to their card, or taken out the account the way eBay does with seller fees.

As a seller they need to do something though. I don't mind paying eBay's exuberant fees as it's a cost of doing business and getting the exposure and platform eBay provides. But damn, go to bat for your sellers for once and stop kissing buyers asses every way possible.

Agreed with you. They do have some controls in place to omit buyers with non-paying strikes but I find them to be quite useless. It seems like the sneaker business (new & used) just attracts too many flakes based on the demographic buying said products. From their point of view, if they were to actually 'punish' flakes then they would be losing out on potential fee revenues.

That said they are they are still the go-to spot for finding unique, niche or collectible items and they really ought to focus on this business rather than the cheap, Chinese goods business that Amazon, AliExpress, etc... do a better job off.

So dude paid.

Only after the case was opened, and now about to close.

So he either used the system to give himself an extra week to pay, or he didn't want the unpaid item strike against him so decided to pay.

And I can't leave negative feedback for him. As he paid I can only leave positive feedback.

Stupid.

And I can't leave negative feedback for him. As he paid I can only leave positive feedback.

Stupid.

You can leave a positive with something nasty & negative in caps in the comments. Not nearly as good as leaving a neg but its all you have. I've never done that though. Best to just move on imo.

My biggest gripe in recent years is that buyers seem to have the worst communication. I always send a message right away congratulating the winning bidder and letting them know I initiated an invoice and I will ship their goods immediately after receiving payment. Then once I receive payment I send a message to thank them for paying and let them know that I will send tracking details as soon as I ship the item. I add tracking and send another message letting them know the details and thank them for their purchase. I almost never receive a single reply and rarely do they even bother leaving feedback. Sometimes payment is quick and sometimes it takes a day or 2. Thankfully I've never been completely stiffed on a transaction. One time a buyer asked if he could pay the next week once he got his paycheck and I obliged. Another time 2 days went by and I called the buyer (can't recall if I got her number from eBay or looked it up) and left a message saying that I was going to initiate a non-paying bidder claim with eBay and she paid swiftly, giving the excuse that she was out of town and didn't know she won the auction.

u sound like a old school seller... eBay back then was more intimate, personable and friendly buyer/seller wise.

u sound like a old school seller... eBay back then was more intimate, personable and friendly buyer/seller wise.

I definitely am. Regardless of customer attitudes, I won't change the way I do business on eBay or in "real life". I treat every transaction the same, no matter the amount.

You can leave a positive with something nasty & negative in caps in the comments. Not nearly as good as leaving a neg but its all you have. I've never done that though. Best to just move on imo.

Or you can save the buyer's ebay ID, wait for them to sell something, buy it, and then leave negative feedback. It's going above and beyond on the petty scale but some users need to be taught a lesson. :lol:

eBay is addictive I need to stay off there. You'll always find deals. I'm 98% pleased as a buyer over the years. But selling? Did it for 6 months and saw the fees+ dealing with flakes and was like na. I'm good on selling.

tips on searching?

im into vintage wrestling/music/sports/media tees and merch and **** is always overpriced

Back
Top Bottom