E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
My company doesn't have a booth this year, so the boss said our presence isn't needed.

Mad I can't make it this time, first time in 5 years. >D

Catch me afterhours, doe.

7 nights a week, City of LA always goes HAM this time of the year. :lol:

Sony Will Show 40 Games at E3 Across PS4, Vita, PS3
Infamous, Killzone, Gran Turismo 6 and many more.
by Andrew Goldfarb JUNE 5, 2013

Sony has revealed that it is “planning to showcase more than 40 games” across PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita at E3.

In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Sony social media manager Sid Shuman wrote that games seen at the show will include "Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream, Destiny from Bungie, DriveClub from Evolution Studios, The Evil Within from Tango GameWorks, Gran Turismo 6 from Polyphony Digital, Infamous: Second Son from Sucker Punch Productions, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Killzone: Mercenary from Guerrilla Games, The Last of Us from Naughty Dog, Tearaway from Media Molecule, Wolfenstein: The New Order from MachineGames and many, many more.”

Sony CEO Kaz Hirai recently said PlayStation 4 is “first and foremost” a game console, adding that “the most important thing we need to make sure we do, at least initially, is that we all agree and understand that the PS4 is a great video game console that appeals to video gamers. If we miss that part than I don’t think we get the initial establishment of the console."

Sony’s E3 2013 press conference will take place on Monday, June 10th at 6:00 p.m. Pacific. For more, listen to our E3 predictions on Podcast Beyond.

Respawns new game info leaked

Can't wait to see some gameplay

bXp238Z.jpg

- Xbox One, PC
- Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
- Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
- Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
- They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
- Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
- Spring 2014 Release Date
- There are a good amount of screens. In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
- First person shooter
- "Mech" and ground combat
- "Mech's" are called Titans.
- They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
- If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
- Player characters are called Pilots
- They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
- They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
- You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
- Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
- There are AI enemies on the maps.
- You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
- Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
- Source gives them 60 fps
- Modified Source - "Rewriting major portions of it".
- Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
- Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
- Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
- Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
- Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people.

A lot of the article has to do with Respawn's origins, actually.

So here's the exclusivity mention: They thought working on PS4, Xbox One and PC would prove too difficult for a small team, so they decided to focus on one console instead of two. (er...). "Not to say we won't [go multiplatform] in the future, but for our first game we wanted to focus on making the best game we could."

GI points how that the Xbox One has 5GB of GDDR3 ram available to devs, whereas PS4 has 8GB DDR5 ram, and asks if that's a problem for Respawn. He says they're having trouble even using the 5GB efficiently with all the new architecture tricks. (that is to say, even if they had 8GB they wouldn't know how to use it properly at this stage of development)

GI: "What XBox One lacks in RAM, it potentially makes up for in cloud computing." Talks about how the game will have unlimited dedicated servers for the game, offloading "a few dozen AI" and physics, says the game would be impossible without the cloud and wouldn't have attempted it. Still dealing with unfinished hardware and software, so it's "still a little rough going at times."

From the article about Titanfall:

"Thanks to the more open maps, healthy mix of enemy AI and real players, and the ultra-powerful titans, the gameplay loop in Titanfall is more accommodating to newcomers."

"Seeing a match play out on three different player screens in a short demo after the the target gameplay video, the average time of life seems drastically increased over the average Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Halo match."

Going to go dig for other gaming news before it gets yanked.

From Titanfall article:

"Hulking 24-foot tall mechs concentrate heavy fire on anything that moves while lithe soldiers zip across the map with a swiftness normally reserved for superheroes"

"Legions of AI soldiers pour in and out of buildings on a large-scale battlefield as dropships deliver reinforcements from above"

Weapons of soldiers can vaporize multiple targets at once, but the mechs can repel shots back.

Blurs line between competitive multiplayer and single player.

"The titans move at the speed of a regular soldier in many first person shooters and feature an array of heavy firepower that make them formidable adversaries in open space"

Titans best offense is good defense.

Titans can be player controlled or can be commanded to guard an area or follow you around.

Damn... Kiefer Sutherland is Snake in The Phantom Pain

Can't wait to hear the Jack Bauer scream of "DAMMIT!!!!"

Nothing really new for MGS. The Lords of Shadow stuff looked really good though. I love Mercury Steam's art direction. Can't wait to play that on the floor.

Alucard :pimp:

Last edited:

right now all i have is a wii-u and ps3 they are gonna have to sell me hard on the new generation of videogames. 

MS is making my decision of which console to get a lot easier. I don't like all the rules & regs they're puttin' in and the "tricks" they keep trying to play with us consumers... :smh: If Sony goes down the same path, I might do something I thought I would never do and stop spending my money on game systems.

Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 – Report

SHARE:

Adjust text size:

Microsoft is reportedly using unfair tactics at E3 2013 Enlarge picture - Microsoft is reportedly using unfair tactics at E3 2013
Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report.

E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively.

In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths.

The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013.

The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.

Greg Miller @GameOverGreggy 58m

Learned an #E3 @PlayStation Conference secret tonight that has me #BEYOND excited for Monday.

Also, Sony Santa Monica is teasing something for E3. New God Of War? New IP?

Last edited:
MS is making my decision of which console to get a lot easier. I don't like all the rules & regs they're puttin' in and the "tricks" they keep trying to play with us consumers... :smh: If Sony goes down the same path, I might do something I thought I would never do and stop spending my money on game systems.

They know the multiplatform games will look much better on the PS4 and some rumours said they're behind schedule on some of their games so it won't surprise me if they're doing this.

Greg Miller @GameOverGreggy 58m

Learned an #E3 @PlayStation Conference secret tonight that has me #BEYOND excited for Monday.

Also, Sony Santa Monica is teasing something for E3. New God Of War? New IP?

With that Beyond hastag, sounds like we might see something Beyond related and SSM definitely has a new IP so hopefully they show that.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (E3 2013) Trailer

Developed by Wu-Tang :lol:

Last edited:
If the rumors are true that's sad. And I don't like how M$ is doing business.

I'm reading rumors that they payed Spike not to show the Sony conference. And that they are paying 3rd parties. Not to show Sony games???

Instead of putting out the best product. They are trying to trick people into buying their console. That's sad man.

If the rumors are true that's sad. And I don't like how M$ is doing business.

I'm reading rumors that they payed Spike not to show the Sony conference. And that they are paying 3rd parties. Not to show Sony games???

Instead of putting out the best product. They are trying to trick people into buying their console. That's sad man.
maybe they did but im not sure

spike has never showed the sony conference, its always been on g4

"possible"

yea lets kick this thread off by reporting bull ****...

hey i heard sony was black mailing mocrosoft into charging customers to play used games on their new consoles! go report that

smh

fanboys will do anything as if they are getting paid for their loyalty lol

Analyst predicts: Xbox One priced at $400; PlayStation 4 at $350

Microsoft and Sony are gonna duke it out this holiday with their new consoles, and the price of each device could have a big impact on which one does better. For now, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter is telling investors what he thinks each box will retail for.

The analyst released a note to investors that previews the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo trade show. Pachter and fellow analyst Nick McKay wrote that they believe that Microsoft will price the Xbox One $50 higher than the PlayStation 4 due to slightly more expensive components.

“For [Xbox One], we believe a starting price of $399 makes sense given that the Xbox 360 Pro debuted at that price point in November 2005,” wrote the analysts. “Our estimate of the bill of materials for the Xbox One — based upon speculation regarding many of the specs — is around $325, suggesting that Microsoft could make a modest profit at the $399 price point. For the PS4, we remain confident that the new console will have a lower initial MSRP than the PS3, which had a lofty starting price of $599 that we believe negatively impacted its long-term popularity. We expect the PS4 to debut at $349, as our estimate of the bill of materials is $275.”

These are speculative numbers. It’s important to remember that industry analysts must make these kinds of predictions to aid investors.

We have a standing request in with both Microsoft and Sony for them to provide any information regarding the retail price of their new systems. The two companies likely won’t reveal that information until next week’s E3 show — or ever later.

The analysts say they believe Microsoft might still attempt a subscription-based model to offset the slightly higher cost of the box.

“We believe the ability to watch live TV from a cable, [telecom company], or satellite set-top box through Xbox One could entice [Microsoft] to drive subscriptions through a subsidized box in exchange for a multiyear contract,” reads the analysts’ note. “The ‘always connected’ requirement for the Xbox One likely means that a broadband connection will be required, suggesting to us that ISPs may have an incentive to offer a subsidy as well. In addition, Microsoft could conceivably subsidize the Xbox One through prepaid Xbox Live Gold subscriptions — as it has done on a limited basis in the past –or premium Skype functionality as well.”

The Wedbush analysts think Sony could do something similar, but it is less likely since Sony doesn’t have a history of doing something like that. If the company did try a subsidized console, it could do so through its PlayStation Network and PlayStation Plus offerings.

Finally, the analysts speculate that Sony could emulate the multimedia TV functionality that Microsoft displayed at its Xbox One event in May. They expect that Sony could easily add those features with a PlayStation 4 firmware update.

http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1270467

why would anyone give a damn about skype on a video game system? can someone please tell me?

Back
Top Bottom