E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4[/URL]"]

Killer Instinct and Forza are both running 1080px60fps flawlessly why are PS4 titles struggling to get 1080px30fps ?

As they said, everything they saw was running on PS4 hardware. Everything Microsoft showed was running on Windows 7 PC's with NVIDIA cards.

Still time to work on the issues.[/quote]

Thats is not true brah. I believe only Lococyle was running on a PC.

Oh really? :lol: My bad. There are reports it was more games (BF4, Dead Rising 3) but Forza and KI arent named.

Time to go cancel my preorder.

Seriously though, it's the same architecture is it not? Other than memory, it doesnt make sense one system would do it and one wouldnt. I could see Drive Club and Knack with smaller developers, but Guerilla has always been on top of their stuff.

Oh well. Just makes me want Forza more.

Edit: Killzone SF is targeted for 1080/30FPS, so that would explain why its running at...... 30FPS.

Last edited:
For whatever reason despite the PS4 being more powerful I see multiplats looking and playing better on Xbox . It's last gen all over again brehs

The devs of those "ps4 titles" would most likely know.
The truth is, anyone saying they know this was running at 60fps and that was running at 30fps is lying. Only the developers know the truth and that is not info they are going to share at E3. Say those "60fps" games were running at say 41fps, would you even know. Final product is going to be the only thing that matters. And if the game runs smooth with no lag drops, then who really cares IMO. Reminds me of th whole megapixel race in cameras and camera phones.

I can somewhat understand comparing Drive Club to Forza, but is Forza going to have drivers and the inside of the cars as detailed as Drive Club?

Killer Instinct though? It's a fighting game with two characters on a backdrop. It is nowhere near as demanding and has nowhere near the scope or graphical fidelity of the PS4 games being criticized for being 30fps.

For whatever reason despite the PS4 being more powerful I see multiplats looking and playing better on Xbox . It's last gen all over again brehs

That will not be the case. There's not one single reason for the Xbox version to be superior to ps4.

Killer Instinct and Forza are both running 1080px60fps flawlessly why are PS4 titles struggling to get 1080px30fps ?

Struggling :lol:

It's called being in development and Forza isn't open world and has no weather or daytime effects, something GT5 was doing on the PS3 so of course it will look good

There's a reason why MS hasn't officially revealed the XBone specs but instead they keep on talking about the power of the cloud. They know their specs are lower.

Why don't you ask the devs on NT who are developing for both platforms.

Hybrid said without optimisation, the PS4 runs 50% better than the Xbone and with it's unified memory it's more efficient to develop for so don't even expect multiplatforms to look better at all.

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4[/URL]"]

As they said, everything they saw was running on PS4 hardware. Everything Microsoft showed was running on Windows 7 PC's with NVIDIA cards.

Still time to work on the issues.

Thats is not true brah. I believe only Lococyle was running on a PC.[/quote]

You're wrong, though.

I don't even see why this is a big deal anyway.

We all know the PS4 is the more powerful system, who cares.

Hey, at least Halo will finally be running @ 60 FPS...

Still time to work on the issues.

Thats is not true brah. I believe only Lococyle was running on a PC.

You're wrong, though.

I don't even see why this is a big deal anyway.

We all know the PS4 is the more powerful system, who cares.

Hey, at least Halo will finally be running @ 60 FPS...[/quote]

What other Xbone games were running on PCs?

Suffice to say, it's somewhat dismaying and very concerning that the majority of Xbox One games we saw at E3 were not actually running on console hardware, to the point where we were wondering whether the title of this article was somewhat disingenuous. We couldn't help but flash back to E3 2005, where key games were running on PowerPC Macintosh-based Xbox 360 dev kits (some of them overclocked, to boot). Coming out of E3, it's difficult to avoid the sense that Microsoft is not as prepared for its upcoming launch as it should be, especially in comparison to Sony, which was able to show all of its titles running on actual PlayStation hardware. It's a shame because beyond the glitches, tearing and poor performance of many of the games, it's our contention that Microsoft has a pretty strong launch line-up here.

Software running on genuine, visible Xbox One hardware falls in with a small first-party club, including titles like Forza Motorsport 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse. Each plays at a promised 1080p native resolution, with the former two targeting 60fps as well, both of which show huge promise as launch titles, covering off the racing and fighting genres quite nicely. The lack of games optimised to this point on actual Xbox One hardware is worrying, but even so, if the E3 demos are at all indicative, fans of zombie action games and rail-shooters should also be very well catered for when the hardware launches.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one

Last edited:
Suffice to say, it's somewhat dismaying and very concerning that the majority of Xbox One games we saw at E3 were not actually running on console hardware, to the point where we were wondering whether the title of this article was somewhat disingenuous. We couldn't help but flash back to E3 2005, where key games were running on PowerPC Macintosh-based Xbox 360 dev kits (some of them overclocked, to boot). Coming out of E3, it's difficult to avoid the sense that Microsoft is not as prepared for its upcoming launch as it should be, especially in comparison to Sony, which was able to show all of its titles running on actual PlayStation hardware. It's a shame because beyond the glitches, tearing and poor performance of many of the games, it's our contention that Microsoft has a pretty strong launch line-up here.

Software running on genuine, visible Xbox One hardware falls in with a small first-party club, including titles like Forza Motorsport 5, Killer Instinct and Ryse. Each plays at a promised 1080p native resolution, with the former two targeting 60fps as well, both of which show huge promise as launch titles, covering off the racing and fighting genres quite nicely. The lack of games optimised to this point on actual Xbox One hardware is worrying, but even so, if the E3 demos are at all indicative, fans of zombie action games and rail-shooters should also be very well catered for when the hardware launches.

ahhh, I stand corrected.

no offense to the eurogamer article, but there was a developer who specificlally said that she saw PS4 games running on Pc's. That was a few pages back, in a reply to Jonathan Blow

This is why I dont care. We have everybody saying different things. Microsoft developers saying no, Sony people saying yes. Other people saying no they werent etc. Who are we to believe?

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind KI is 1080/60FPS. :lol:

I'll just let other people post tech stuff. Way over my head.

Last edited:
no offense to the eurogamer article, but there was a developer who specificlally said that she saw PS4 games running on Pc's. That was a few pages back, in a reply to Jonathan Blow

This is why I dont care. We have everybody saying different things. Microsoft developers saying no, Sony people saying yes. Other people saying no they werent etc. Who are we to believe?

Seems to me only people having a hard time believing things is Xbox fanboys. :lol:

You guys believe what you want to believe. No matter who says it!

I saw games on BOTH sides running on dev boxes. However, I played more demos on the floor and behind closed doors that were actually running on the PS4 hardware than the One. PS4 hardware and kits were more abundant for multiplatform games. Sony made it a point throughout the show to have reps checking in with us to ensure we'd have the production models and kits needed for the future and to push their new support structure. I never saw/heard from anyone at Microsoft. |I

You can take that for what it's worth but "the war" today is being fought on the PR front with consumers and developers. Right now Sony has the edge. Once things settle down in the next year or two it will be interesting to see how Microsoft tries to reshape their image and what the differences in the install base will be. Ultimately, it's going to be the quality of shipped titles that decide which platform to purchase those games for and not some demo of a pre-alpha build that you heard someone talk about or watched an off-screen YouTube video of.

The most impressive item I saw at the show was Quantic Dream's Dark Sorcerer demo and that was running on an actual development PS4 behind closed doors. Nothing else I saw came close to that tech.

Last edited:
OH LAWWWWWD!!! The rumor mill is starting that MS might announce they are dropping the used game DRM and always online

The Hate is Rising Sony fanboy, the hate is rising

View media item 460350
Deshay! Deshay! Bashara Bashara HATE HATE HATE

Last edited:
This better not affect the family sharing plan
[h1]Microsoft to backtrack on Xbox One games DRM and "always online"[/h1]19 Jun 2013
XboxOneconsole2.jpg

Microsoft is set to announce it will remove DRM restrictions on Xbox One games and the need for you to have the new Xbox "always online".

Sources tell whathifi.com that Microsoft is set to announce the changes later today, with games developers being informed first.

The Xbox One was announced last week at E3 alongside the new PS4, with Sony's new PlayStation drawing first blood thanks to the higher Xbox One price and apparent restrictions surrounding games and offline play.

Microsoft announced that users would need to connect the Xbox One to the internet once every 24 hours in order to keep playing. 

DRM (digital rights management) would also seemingly restrict you from sharing Xbox One games with friends or indeed selling them on second-hand. 

Sony was quick to capitalise, changing the PS4 launch to poke fun at the Xbox One's perceived restrictive nature and highlighting the fact that there would be no such issues aroud the PS4 (even if PS4 games publishers' can seemingly still choose to add DRM).

It seems Microsoft has listened and is set to change its mind on both DRM on Xbox One games and the always online requirement. 

More details as we get them.

This better not affect the family sharing plan

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.whathifi.com/news/xbox-one-all-in-one-system-launches-with-new-focus-on-live-tv[/URL]"]
[h1]Microsoft to backtrack on Xbox One games DRM and "always online"[/h1]

19 Jun 2013
XboxOneconsole2.jpg

Microsoft is set to announce it will remove DRM restrictions on Xbox One games and the need for you to have the new Xbox "always online".
Sources tell whathifi.com that Microsoft is set to announce the changes later today, with games developers being informed first.
The Xbox One was announced last week at E3 alongside the new PS4, with Sony's new PlayStation drawing first blood thanks to the higher Xbox One price and apparent restrictions surrounding games and offline play.
Microsoft announced that users would need to connect the Xbox One to the internet once every 24 hours in order to keep playing. 
DRM (digital rights management) would also seemingly restrict you from sharing Xbox One games with friends or indeed selling them on second-hand. 
Sony was quick to capitalise, changing the PS4 launch to poke fun at the Xbox One's perceived restrictive nature and highlighting the fact that there would be no such issues aroud the PS4 (even if PS4 games publishers' can seemingly still choose to add DRM).
It seems Microsoft has listened and is set to change its mind on both DRM on Xbox One games and the always online requirement. 
More details as we get them.
[/quote]

hey, it just might. Gamers were so up in arms, that they didnt realize that the game sharing feature may be worth the hassle

Back
Top Bottom