'Dumb And Dumber 2' Confirmed.

Jim Carrey is one of my all time favorites. I'm mad disappointed in him for saying he wanted to do it and let's get it going but then cancel it. That's weak as hell. I think a sequel with everyone would have been hilarious.

i think there only gonna do it if they get Carrey and Daniels...and its Ferrelly Bros I think all there movies are pretty damn funny so if its all OG cast and crew should be good

Dumb and Dumber 2 summer update....

Farrelly Brothers in, Jeff Daniels in, Jim Carrey in................Warner Brothers out.

Warner Bros. drops 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel
June 11, 2013

(EW.com) -- The sequel to "Dumb and Dumber" has hit a road block. The in-development follow-up to the hit 1994 comedy was in the works at New Line Cinema, but New Line's parent company, Warner Bros., has dropped the project, EW confirmed Tuesday. THR first reported the news.

Bobby and Peter Farrelly — the writer-director brothers who created the original — are now searching for a new financier and distributor for "Dumb and Dumber To" (yes, that's the title). Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are expected to return as short-on-smarts pair Lloyd and Harry. In the sequel, the two friends will go on a road trip to find Harry's illegitimate daughter for a kidney transplant.

New Line Cinema produced the 1994 original and also made a 2003 prequel called "Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd" without Carrey, Daniels, or the Farrelly brothers. The movie depicted Lloyd and Harry's high school years in the 1980s.

The movie was supposed to be shooting right about now, with Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey reprising their roles and, as of September, the Farrelly brothers had tweeted that they were just about done with the script, a story in which the two stars go on a road trip to find the long-lost child of one character in hopes of attaining a kidney transplant. The movie may still get made, but the directors will have to shop it around for new money and distribution now that the studio doesn’t think it’s worth the time and the $30-million-ish budget that THR reports would be required to get the job done.

Jeff Daniels, June 13, on the latest snag -- "It's not my place to say, and it's not a done deal by any means but it's close. I'm hoping that in the days or weeks to come very shortly here that they'll be able to say yes we're doing it, everything's tied up, and we have a shoot date. We're not there yet but it's very close. I know Jim wants to do it, I want to do it, the Farrelly's want to do it and you know, these things are complicated putting all these movie deals together."

"They're working out final details and I hope that we are shooting that later this summer and I hope very quickly. It will be great to be with Jim again."

You can't recreate the magic that was the first. The time it came out, the actors at that stage of their careers, everything made the movie what it is.

:smh: just let it go

I'm still waiting for a titanic 2 to come out :smh:

Last edited:
s070109_nash.jpg

You can't recreate the magic that was the first. The time it came out, the actors at that stage of their careers, everything made the movie what it is.

mean.gif
just let it go

I'm still waiting for a titanic 2 to come out
mean.gif
Studios kill me when trying to revive a movie that's damn near 20 years old. 

Like the whole Ghostbusters 3 thing...
grin.gif

:lol: i saw that few days ago....every week i google the latest with this flick...supposedly there shooting this month. And Billy in 4C is back :lol:

grin.gif

I want Ghostbusters 3 SO BAD.

I feel like it should get that Rogen/Goldstein touch.

Rogen/Segel/Hill/Franco/Ansari/Hart

grin.gif

I want Ghostbusters 3 SO BAD.

I feel like it should get that Rogen/Goldstein touch.

Rogen/Segel/Hill/Franco/Ansari/Hart

More info:
USA Today previously reported that Universal Studios acquired the rights for the sequel after Warner Bros. walked away from it earlier this year. The sequel will follow Lloyd and Harry on a roadtrip, and brothers Peter and Bob Farrelly once again direct.

Jeff Daniels, who has been busy playing serious anchorman Will McAvoy on HBO's The Newsroom, told the Associated Press in June that Carrey had been against all sequels, not wanting to repeat himself. But ultimately, Daniels said, Carrey was the one who called up the Farrelly brothers to get this project going.

"He turned 50, and that'll mellow you out, and suddenly he's going, 'Let's have some fun.' … And we're going, 'Great!'" Daniels said. "And the Farrellys said, 'This isn't a money grab — let's really write a great second movie that takes the original and then blows it up even further.' And I think they did that."

Daniels also confirmed that Dumb And Dumber To will be released in 2014: the 20th anniversary of the original film. "I've seen the script, it's hysterical. We're middle-aged, we're not pretending we aren't. We're middle-aged and we're still that stupid," he added.

There’s also been some big casting news for Dumb And Dumber To, which should hit theaters in 2014: Kathleen Turner has been added to play Fraida Felcher, who was referenced in the original.

Bobby and Peter Farrelly have also revealed that Brady Bluhm, the actor who portrayed Billy in 4C in the 1995 original, will reprise his role for the much-anticipated sequel.

Everyone thinks this is a money grab but I think it's the opposite. I think everyone involved DID start doing projects for money and who's to blame them?  I feel now they all want to come together and just do something fun. What better place to start than one of the funniest comedies of the 90s? I think they're going to treat this project realistically and have the story pick up corresponding to the actor's ages. 

Everyone thinks this is a money grab but I think it's the opposite. I think everyone involved DID start doing projects for money and who's to blame them?  I feel now they all want to come together and just do something fun. What better place to start than one of the funniest comedies of the 90s? I think they're going to treat this project realistically and have the story pick up corresponding to the actor's ages. 
jim carrey did kickass 2 then he told people not to watch it because of all the violence, after he got paid of course.

never thought he was funny to begin with, me myself and irene was funny because of the ferrellys.

I think that would be a pretty cool though. The original four Ghostbusters were in their prime when the films were released. There was an article a couple years back where it was suggested that the new Ghostbusters film would incorporate the new team which would include Rogen/Hill/Rudd/Segal. That would be pretty cool to see.

I'm happy to see Dumb and Dumber To is going to begin filming soon...Next on my wish list is Ghostbusters 3.

Yes on Carrey/Daniels reunion...

No on Ghostbusters remake with Jonah & Company. I like their humor, but I can see that being a dry-humor bust trying to mix-in old nostalgia with new 'quirky' ad-libs...

They're back!

Jim Carrey marked the release of his children's book, "How Roland Rolls," by offering fans a first look at "Dumb and Dumber To," the sequel to 1994's "Dumb and Dumber." Carrey and Jeff Daniels reunite for the film, which began filming on Tuesday. Enjoy!

Plot Info..
Dumb and Dumber To is slated for release next year, and will naturally revolve around the misadventures of Harry and Lloyd, who set off in search of their shared "former flame" Freda Feltcher (Kathleen Turner) after receiving a letter informing them that one of them is the father of her child and that that child is in need of a kidney.

^ :lol: :wow: at the pic ....

When asked Sunday night what's the scariest thing and the best thing he's looking forward to with shooting Dumb and Dumber To, the Newsroom star Jeff Daniels grinned mischievously.

"The scariest thing? There are some things that's we're going to do in Dumb and Dumber To that make the toilet scene [in the original] seem lame. Pales in comparison and I can't divulge what, but just that they've topped it. They best thing about it? I get to work with a comedic genius."

"Dumb and Dumber To" has cast former "Walking Dead" star Laurie Holden alongside stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, this according to Deadline.com.

Currently in the early stages of production, "Dumb and Dumber To" will also feature Steve Tom and Rachel Melvin, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Both THR and Deadline.com reported that Holden will play a character named Adele Pichlow in the film, the wife of a doctor who also engages in mischievous shenanigans at the expense of Carrey and Daniels' characters of Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne.

The part in "Dumb and Dumber To" will have Holden reuniting with Carrey, as the two actors both starred in 2001's "The Majestic."

Kathleen Turner? I hope the characters got with her in the 80s when she was still hot and not when she looks like how she does now.

Blind Billy from 4C is back

As you may recall, Billy was the young, blind neighbor of Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) and Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) in the original 1994 classic Dumb and Dumber, whom Lloyd sold his dead bird Petey to. The actor joins Kathleen Turner, who joined the cast of this comedy sequel on Friday.

Bobby Farrelly and Peter Farrelly are directing from a screenplay by Sean Anders and John Morris (Sex Drive, That's My Boy). Production is expected to begin this summer, but an exact shooting date has not been revealed yet.

After appearing as Billy in Dumb and Dumber, Brady Bluhm voiced the classic character Christopher Robin in several Winnie the Pooh movies such as Winnie the Pooh: A Valentine for You, Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin and Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving.
Dumb and Dumber To comes to theaters in 2014 and stars Jim Carrey, Jeff Daniels, Kathleen Turner, Brady Bluhm, Laurie Holden. The film is directed by Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrell

Back
Top Bottom