Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Jcrew - chances are anything you see me wearing is from there, I've developed an obsession..lol
same with me.  the majority of my sports shirts, sweaters, and my coats are from there.
i gotta diversify though.  i've realized that ll bean and land's end canvas have a lot of great stuff.  their prices are way better and they offer better simple styled sweaters.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Jcrew - chances are anything you see me wearing is from there, I've developed an obsession..lol

I've definitely retained some of my older "urban" wardrobe touches (constantly wearing Air Maxes for one). Work doesn't require me to do otherwise.

But J Crew is definitely my go to spot when it's time to get fresh.
This. I work in education and I only have to dress up for parent conferences and even then, it only means i wear a button up, lol. All the kids parents and administration know I only dress up for graduation.

Just to give you guys a heads up. JCPenny is having free shipping on all shoes. I just copped a pair of Bass oxfords for $46.05 after using this promo code: PCWINTJC

Free shipping FTW
pimp.gif

23kidd - that jacket is dope ^^^bro, I think it fits you fine, as far as the club fit, I'd lose the jeans...they are just a bit too casual for my taste...idk but if I was going to a club a button up and some nicely fitted pants are a must, a tie is optional, skinny ties are very playful an actually tone down your fit if you don't want to be too formal IMO....but at the end of the day is what you feel comfortable in...for a bar that fit is perfect though.

thank you sir^ They are clarks desert boots. Banana Republic will be having 50% off SALE this fri/sat/sun

im considering a 2nd pair of Wallys....currently have the sand suede.

A few questions...

the leather ones....is there any way to keep them from so easily getting scuffed?

the distressed taupe color, will dark denim turn them blue in spots where the jeans touch, just like the sand suedes?

never owned a pair of shoes and i wanted to look a bit nicer this NYE...
do the shoes look too big in comparison to the jeans (damn big feet)? i know my jeans are a bit tight, its hard finding the right leg openings and its too close to nye to find a new pair.
opinions?

Originally Posted by big mike 13

do the shoes look too big in comparison to the jeans (damn big feet)? i know my jeans are a bit tight, its hard finding the right leg openings and its too close to nye to find a new pair.
opinions?

I think they look fine. I was expecting something a lot more clown-like the profile shot but they looked good.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

never owned a pair of shoes 

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
well i have.. but uglier ones when i was younger to wear with whatever suit i had.. ive been wearing boat shoes and sneakers out mostly
i was thinking about wearing a black pair of pants that fit a bit bigger but is all black (black shoes/shirt/pants) too funeral-*$$?

big mike that fit looks good and the pant-shoe proportion is perfect for a nicer look and a classier event. The classier the event, the tighter the jeans as far as I'm concerned.

opinions?

The shoes don't look big.
With jeans that tight, you better tuck in your shirt to prevent it from looking like a gown or some %%!%... kinda like it's looking right there.

Big mike - the shoes look perfect with the pants, you probably think it doesn't look right because you are probably not used to the look, but I think it looks great.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

I'll try and get some pics up later if I have time.
^^ Check your local Macys. I went to the 34th St Herald Square and they had great sales, especially if you use or open your Macys card. They had Tommy Hilfiger corduroys in black,grey,navy,khaki and brown for $20. All sizes below 36 waist were available. They also had slim chinos such as the ones pictured below.

15ft36r.jpg

Well I bought 2 pairs of Red Wings Gentlemans Travelelers for the days I dress up, and since karmaloop had a good sale (40% off + Free Shipping) I decided to get these Palladiums so I won't wear out the Red Wings. Not bad if you ask me.

t8sy0g.jpg

okbc08.jpg

2rp9rfl.jpg

For $49 shipped.

Hopefully I can get my hands on some Indy Aldens.But' with all these sales going on, I doubt I can afford them
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif

aya8wl.jpg

Btw, Ksteezy or other who might know, does J.Crew give the 15% to Alden x J.Crew boots?

23kidd, thanks for posting the pics of the jacket. I really like how it looks, I am definitely going to my local AE to check it out once this snow clears up a bit.

Big mike - the shoes look perfect with the pants, you probably think it doesn't look right because you are probably not used to the look, but I think it looks great.

THIS. When I started wearing my clothes more fitted it looked weird at first. Now I couldn't imagine going back to my "highschool/early college" fit *shudders*

Originally Posted by Jordman23

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

As for my NYE celebration I'm going to rock a navy blue blazer, a green polka dot pocket square, a light blue spread collar sport shirt, and I'm debating between some dark navy 501s or some khaki cords. I'm undecided on shoes too, but it will either be some desert boots or some loafers.

I'll try and get some pics up later if I have time.
^^ Check your local Macys. I went to the 34th St Herald Square and they had great sales, especially if you use or open your Macys card. They had Tommy Hilfiger corduroys in black,grey,navy,khaki and brown for $20. All sizes below 36 waist were available. They also had slim chinos such as the ones pictured below.

15ft36r.jpg
Might be going to Macy's tomorrow to look for some chinos... looks like those up there will be too tight around the thigh. We'll see.

opinions?
What kind of shoes are they?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom