Dressing better

Originally Posted by ksteezy

picked up this jacket from jcrew at 30% last week for my BIL and had to get it for myself, its very nice!

http://www.jcrew.com/mens...n/PRDOVR~19589/19589.jsp

5301104205_350c939ddc_b.jpg

5301699270_afdfe4b5b3_b.jpg
What kind of jeans are these?

wats up fam, i decided to spend NYE in the city at a club for the first time, since it was a last minute thing i only have tomorrow morning to pick up anything....so i went through my closet and threw on a few combos, wanted your opinion on which should be my back up if i decide to save the money for the club and not buy a new fit....

so far im going for the grey shirt with he striped tie and blue jeans....the jacket is a must for me though, unless i get this velour one JCREW has on the clearence rack which happens to be my size and its the only one...lol
5308547151_f2661749bf_b.jpg

5309135560_c5f5eebf41_b.jpg

^^Bottom right or top right...that denim shirt wouldnt be my ideal choice for the look though, the color is fine but something just doesnt seem right with the denim.

ehh...i go to mad clubs. like clubbing 2-3 x a week so i know scene pretty well.

imo ditch the tie and maybe just get a nice dress shirt with a nice, stiff collar and call it a day. the tie thing at the club is kinda tacky and people can tell ur a noob.

Originally Posted by lilfazzl

ehh...i go to mad clubs. like clubbing 2-3 x a week so i know scene pretty well.

imo ditch the tie and maybe just get a nice dress shirt with a nice, stiff collar and call it a day. the tie thing at the club is kinda tacky and people can tell ur a noob.
laugh.gif
 i club often too bro....i just never clubbed on NYE...i asked my boy whos promoting and he said is like any regular night, but i kinda wanted to rock the tie...
ohwell.gif

thanks for the input though 
nerd.gif

I see no problem dressing up on NYE, suit/tie and all...especially if your going to be spending it in a nice club.

Originally Posted by lilfazzl

laugh.gif
 i club often too bro....i just never clubbed on NYE...i asked my boy whos promoting and he said is like any regular night, but i kinda wanted to rock the tie...
ohwell.gif

thanks for the input though 
nerd.gif
yeah np bro. do your thing then. 
heres how i usually go tho

3517m8g.jpg

im hoping you are either the dude with the black polo or the white shirt...lol

the polo shirt look is the best for a summer club night
smokin.gif

bottles galoreee
ballin.jpg

I plan on wearing my black striped vest and slacks with white collar and wine tie for NYE. My friend wants to wear a suit but I'd feel over dressed at the club and that's gonna be hot.

Originally Posted by dream5hift

I plan on wearing my black striped vest and slacks with white collar and wine tie for NYE. My friend wants to wear a suit but I'd feel over dressed at the club and that's gonna be hot.

i honestly dont think you'll be over-dressed with a suit, specially on new years....then again ive never clubbed on NYE...
tell you this, the times that ive worn a suit out to the club, ive felt way more comfortable and not that it matters cause im married, but women definately took notice....at least thats my impression.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by big mike 13

never owned a pair of shoes and i wanted to look a bit nicer this NYE...
do the shoes look too big in comparison to the jeans (damn big feet)? i know my jeans are a bit tight, its hard finding the right leg openings and its too close to nye to find a new pair.
opinions?

The shoes don't look big.
With jeans that tight, you better tuck in your shirt to prevent it from looking like a gown or some %%!%... kinda like it's looking right there.
jean look mad uncomfortable . Sorry but you look like you try to fit in with the skinny jean movement. L

i dont see how any other type of jeans would look any better with shoes.....that looks just fine. (like someone else mention, bring them up a bit to get rid of the stacking)

I do not think you can ever be too overdressed. As for a suit being too hot for a club, try different fabrics. A lighter weight wool or even a cashmere/silk blend is quite good when it gets hot. Oh and women do notice when a man puts an effort into how he looks. I have a Vegas trip coming up and I plan to wear suits throughout the whole trip.

Originally Posted by cryptikman

I do not think you can ever be too overdressed. As for a suit being too hot for a club, try different fabrics. A lighter weight wool or even a cashmere/silk blend is quite good when it gets hot. Oh and women do notice when a man puts an effort into how he looks. I have a Vegas trip coming up and I plan to wear suits throughout the whole trip.

I think I get what you're trying to say but you most certainly can.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

do the shoes look too big in comparison to the jeans (damn big feet)? i know my jeans are a bit tight, its hard finding the right leg openings and its too close to nye to find a new pair.
opinions?

With jeans that tight, you better tuck in your shirt to prevent it from looking like a gown or some %%!%... kinda like it's looking right there.
jean look mad uncomfortable . Sorry but you look like you try to fit in with the skinny jean movement. L

laugh.gif
 @ it being a "movement." The fit looks fine. What kind of jeans are those?

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Originally Posted by KenJi714

opinions?

laugh.gif
 @ it being a "movement." The fit looks fine. What kind of jeans are those?
honestly the slimmer you are to be able to fit into slimmer more fitted clothes, the better things, spcially jeans look, although the whole skateboarding colored skinny jean crap went a little overboard over the past few years, skinny jeans are definately a good look depending on what you wear them with, specially the way big mike is trying to wear them.
::kanye shug::

im hoping you are either the dude with the black polo or the white shirt...lol

the polo shirt look is the best for a summer club night
smokin.gif

bottles galoreee
ballin.jpg
This got me
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'll be wearing something basic because, I'll be at work until 1AM 
grin.gif
, poping a bottle of sparkling cider