Dressing better

Some valid points here.
The key is....don't make it complicated. Until you are a BUSINESS MAAAN you don't need to do it up big. Make sure your denim is dark and clean withminimal fading, straight legged and <20 cm leg width.

Make sure you invest in your shoes and watch. rest is gravy

Here is what could be your first step up.

Dark denim, dark shoes, blank tee that fits.

When It's time to step that up, remove the tee and throw on one of these.

DO NOT tuck it in. buy a SPORT SHIRT. Dressy but fly as @*!% and not meant to be tucked in.

As I said earlier, do not buy a sport shirt that doesn't cost you money. invest in those.

Because those are expensive these are your best friend, when you need to 'step it up' dressy wise.

cheap, clean, fitting, perfect.
don't spend more than $100 on these crew neck long sleeves.

BUT as always you can never go wrong with a crew cut or vneck teeshirt. Avoid bright colors

Toss out the back pack and invest in a simple black briefcase or laptop bag.

I think the shoes were ~$700 and the briefcase likewise, but you don't need to spend more than $100-$200 for the first time around.

nerd.gif
hope that helps

RFX is going to come in and school on watches now.
laugh.gif

The key is....don't make it complicated.

I can kinda roll with you on the one strap bag, but buying a briefcase if you're not a real businessman, lawyer, etc. is a bit tool-$$#. Reminds me of The Simpsons in an episode where the lawyer kept his lunch in there.

I don't know about the others in here, but IMO sagging=childish. Get jeans that fit your body right (width, inseam, and cut-wise) to compliment your hipsand legs.

unfortunately these dudes is right, I aint got no issues with rocking the suit or button up to work, but dam on my days off of that its straight back to theXXXL tall tee believe dat

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

DO NOT tuck it in. buy a SPORT SHIRT. Dressy but fly as @*!% and not meant to be tucked in.
Honestly, I would say no to that shirt, especially with jeans, especially untucked? That shirt is a sport shirt worn by every douche in the cluband believe me, you don't want to look like that, especially in the daytime. Now I am not saying being untucked is bad but those are definitely not theright shirts to be untucked, well it's just the wrong shirt overall.

Originally Posted by wj4

RFX is going to come in and school on watches now.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I got the watch thread for that.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Some valid points here.
The key is....don't make it complicated. Until you are a BUSINESS MAAAN you don't need to do it up big. Make sure your denim is dark and clean with minimal fading, straight legged and <20 cm leg width.

Here is what could be your first step up.

Dark denim, dark shoes, blank tee that fits.

As I said earlier, do not buy a sport shirt that doesn't cost you money. invest in those.

Because those are expensive these are your best friend, when you need to 'step it up' dressy wise.

cheap, clean, fitting, perfect.
don't spend more than $100 on these crew neck long sleeves.

BUT as always you can never go wrong with a crew cut or vneck teeshirt. Avoid bright colors

I think the shoes were ~$700 and the briefcase likewise, but you don't need to spend more than $100-$200 for the first time around.

nerd.gif
hope that helps
I like most of what you posted except for ditching the bookbag for a briefcase. If your in college, I find that it would look too much like yourposing with a heavy $*% briefcase with all your textbooks than with a nice looking backpack.

And all those looks that instant classic posted are a joke. Aint no way you dressing like that and getting ladies.
laugh.gif

I actually like this striped shirt up there that brett posted. And have a shirt like that in my closet that I do wear..untucked... to the lounge or club andit I personally like how it looks.

I think it's important to note that you have to be comfortable with what you wear, if your not it definitely shows in your whole body language, especiallyif your in a group of friends or talking to ladies. For example, I hate V-neck clothing...the t-shirts. the argyle sweater...hate that crap. I'm acrewneck kinda guy so I stick with it and make it work for me.

Wanting to make a change in your wardrobe is cool cuz every once in a while everybody needs some change...but just don't go way out of what you can seeyourself wearing where you end up looking like an $*%.

i think lebron might be one of the more style endowed in the NBA, in terms of the way he coordinates and how his clothes fit...

lebron-james.jpg

^gotta agree Bron is always fresh, they need to seriously swaggerjack him for their own sake.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

i think lebron might be one of the more style endowed in the NBA, in terms of the way he coordinates and how his clothes fit...

lebron-james.jpg
I love that coat. You know he was extra proud when he made the cover of GQ.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Clark's Desert Boot
2249-300.jpg

ClarksDesertBoot.jpg

nano-universe-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

Don't pay attention to the dudes face.
gc87-736633.jpg

pimp.gif

Have we figured out what type of shoes these are yet? They aren't the Desert Boots, because of the flat sole. The Desert Trek Oxford has a flat sole butthey're seemed down the middle. He might actually have on some no name brand knockoffs.
41i36Y%2Ba-KL._AA280_.jpg

41M5KYJKVPL._SS400_.jpg

How do Clarks Desert Boots fit and which color look best with medium-to-dark colored jeans?
Since I've lost damn near 30 pounds, I've been wanting to redo my baggy wardrobe but not really sure what fits with what.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Clark's Desert Boot
2249-300.jpg

ClarksDesertBoot.jpg

nano-universe-clarks-desert-boot.jpg

Don't pay attention to the dudes face.
gc87-736633.jpg

pimp.gif

Have we figured out what type of shoes these are yet? They aren't the Desert Boots, because of the flat sole. The Desert Trek Oxford has a flat sole but they're seemed down the middle. He might actually have on some no name brand knockoffs.
41i36Y%2Ba-KL._AA280_.jpg

Those are definitely desert boots, probably just by another brand/company. Almost every brand right now has their own version of desert boots.
I think Common Projects has desert boots with no heel:
COMM-MZ35_V1-BIG.jpg

Most of this stuff in this thread is beyond wack, yall trying to hard. Just go to the gap and pick up a sweater and some chinos aint that hard, or just buysome clothes that fit. Yall don't got to be geared up like Sherlock holmes like some of these NTers

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i agree with all the dudes in here saying chill on the Polo.

when i am dressing up for a function, i NEVER wear Polo.

why?

because i hate when dudes think that to look formal, all they have to do is throw on something Polo. i feel like having that horse on your shirt just takes away from your overall ensemble and the way you put your outfit together. i was at a banquet the other day, and a guy there was wearing a Polo sweater, dress pants with the Polo logo, and Polo socks (visible when he sat down). IMO, that tells me he doesn't really have that much personal style. maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. but wearing Polo from head to toe all the time and thinking you're fresh just because you paid money implies to me that you don't really have an innate sense of style OF YOUR OWN. that's why that Lucky Luchinano dude is so lame to me.

formal dressing is about the style, not the brand. honestly, most of my formal wear (with the exception of suits) is from Kohls and Marshall's clearance. all my Polo is saved for casual wear.
Yeah, but sometimes that polo horse is mean and can accentuate whatever you have on w/ it. i.e. a tie.

d3135449b3e9ae1119565c9f94291e938fffbc1.jpg

Pardon the ******ed !*! pose, I was bent that night.

It's kinda hard to see, but the tie had green stripes in it, and that green coordinated w/ the tie. I thought it looked good.

But going OD w/ it, I agree with what your saying.

can anyone show me a picture of LeBron and his navy blue military jacket? I think I saw him wear it last year.

It's not hard to start dressing better.

1. Get clothes that fit your body.
2. Find out what your personal style is, cause some of these pics dudes is posting are not gonna look right on
certain body types.
3. Personal grooming is half the battle, if your hair looks like a bird's nest and u smell horrible, it doesn't matter what you're wearing
you'll still look like a !@%@@*% IMO.
4. I've noticed that I look better in certain colors so find colors that are favorable to you, and go from there.

Hate to put myself on blast but a good show is What Not to Wear that comes on TLC. I watched it a couple of times with my ex
and whenever they had episodes dealing with a guy, I was always impressed with the final outcome.

And am I the only one that really hates pointy shoes on guys, i think that those should be left
for the females, that's just me though.

Originally Posted by gko2408

Any help on the fit of those Clark's Desert Boots?
From sufu, I've gathered that clarks DB fit one size down from your "normal" shoe size.

I wear size 11 dunks, I wear size 10 converse all stars, 11 in vans slips and zapatos boat shoes, and a 10 in Clarks DB.

Hate to put myself on blast but a good show is What Not to Wear that comes on TLC. I watched it a couple of times with my ex
and whenever they had episodes dealing with a guy, I was always impressed with the final outcome.
Sometimes that show is harsh
laugh.gif
(especially for TLC). I don't watch it on the regular, but caught it once when I was channel surfing. Itwas for a lady who had nothing except workout clothes.

yeh that striped shirt was definitely purchased in Europe..but I busted it out when I was back home in Canada and i felt fine in it.

i a complete hater of DB too so I made sure i was in the clear before headin out in that shirt haha

Back
Top Bottom