Dressing better

nakata01s.jpg

JGL-490.jpg

lo1.png

laugh.gif

how do allen edmonds shoes run?

i wear a 9.5 in nikes and generally either an 8.5 or 9 in dress brands

Need help with some weather appropriate attire. I'm moving to DC in the fall for law school and I know it's gonna get coolldd. I'm from Florida and have been here all my life, so I dont have much in terms of jackets and winter clothes. What are some affordable staples for a recent graduate trying to stay warm and be stylish at the same time.

can anyone tell me the sizing differences in Sebago's vs Sperrys? i own a bunch of 11.5 sperry boat shoes, but saw a black pair of sebagos that i want, but not sure how they fit in comparison.. can anyone help?

I don't think so, especially not the Bel-Air. I actually wear brown wingtips all the time, even with jeans.

Originally Posted by big mike 13

can anyone tell me the sizing differences in Sebago's vs Sperrys? i own a bunch of 11.5 sperry boat shoes, but saw a black pair of sebagos that i want, but not sure how they fit in comparison.. can anyone help?

Not sure if this is gonna help...but i wear an 8.5 in the sperry boat shoes..and an 8 in the sebago lighthouse boots.

Originally Posted by 22stylez

NEED INFO ON THESE!!! name of shoe..? anywhere that sell em? any different colors? these are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Those are vans rudeez. Part of the syndicate collection from a few years ago. 
I have a black pair and love em. Regret not getting the other colors. They came in black, grey, brown, and blue.

NEED INFO ON THESE!!! name of shoe..? anywhere that sell em? any different colors? these are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

nvm, homie above beat me to it.
but yeah they're W)TAP Vans Rudeez.
check ebay.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

[h3]http://sartoriallyinclined.blogspot.com/2010/07/attention-brooks-brothers-x-gilt.htmlAttn: Brooks Brothers x Gilt[/h3]exclusive Brooks Brothers collection for Gilt over at my Tumblr I cried foul.  Well, today GQ has confirmed - noon marks the debut of a new Brooks Brothers line for the online retailer.  Apparently the collection is "a younger, slimmer spin on BB staples like cotton chinos, prep-schoolish cardigans...and repp ties" separate from BB's Black Fleece line and the brand's recent foray into slimmer fitting gear.  Word has it that the new collection for Gilt will be available exclusively online until August when the collection hits select BB locations.  Based on the looks below it appears as if things are staying pretty conservative (much more so than Black Fleece) with the only update being fit. 
bb-gilt-khaki-suit-490.jpg
bb-gilt-sweater-navy-pants-490.jpg

bb-gilt-sweater-chinos-490.png
bb-gilt-cardigan-red-pants-490.png

Gilt has been basura for months
pimp.gif
these are nice, but how long i gotta wait to be a member of glit? im trying to cop the navy sweater with plaid shirt asap, or where can i cop something similar 

Originally Posted by ImmenseD

Need help with some weather appropriate attire. I'm moving to DC in the fall for law school and I know it's gonna get coolldd. I'm from Florida and have been here all my life, so I dont have much in terms of jackets and winter clothes. What are some affordable staples for a recent graduate trying to stay warm and be stylish at the same time.

i think learning how to layer clothes will help a lot. so invest in cardigans, v-neck and half zip sweaters. in terms of sweaters, they can be found across a wide price range ... anywhere from Old Navy to Vince to Brunello Cucinelli. Its just up to your wallet.

You wear an undershirt, wear a dress shirt and then wear your sweater ... that should take care of you into late October, early november. You can then throw on a blazer in early November and then might have to start rocking the peacoat or winter jacket by December and January.

For jackets, invest in warmer fabrics with a little give (so that it will allow for your layering). Example if you are a 42 ...buy 43's or slim 44s. This will allow you to wear your sweaters and such underneath them without it being too tight. Best fabrics will be corduroy, cashmere, heavy wool and tweed. You can easily get such jackets for cheap at eBay, thrift stores, outlet malls  ... the following brands can be fairly good for inexpensive sweaters and blazers ... Polo, Brooks Brothers, Banana Republic etc.

good luck with law school.  

Originally Posted by Im2nice

Anybody have recommendations on some slim fitting chinos? Thanks in advance.

Try Uniqlo or Mabitex ... or simply buy a pair you like and have your tailor slim it - would run you around 20 bucks for the alteration.

I cant believe Brooks Brothers stooped this low ... lol.

BB specific for Gilt? They have enough stuff in their outlets they cant get rid of. This might be a ploy to move stuff from the outlets. I wont be surprised this idea gets canned in under a year.

Originally Posted by rafsjays

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Those are vans rudeez. Part of the syndicate collection from a few years ago. 
I have a black pair and love em. Regret not getting the other colors. They came in black, grey, brown, and blue.

They have them at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack

Back
Top Bottom