Dressing better

Originally Posted by instant klassic

It's a wrap.
Uniqlo > All other retailers.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/jil...esign-role-at-uniqlo-2072975?justin=2072975#/

http://racked.com/archives/2009/03/17/jil_sander_to_uniqlo.php

Not only is she going to be a doing a capsule collection like other Designer Invitation Project collabs, but she'll be head of all creative departments of the retail giant.
Pretty much the only competition they have is J. Crew in this area. So psyched for affordable Jil Sander.
happy.gif

And Opening Ceremony x Uniqlo dropping Thursday.
DIP-OC_0305.jpg

DIPMEN_0305.jpg

http://store.uniqlo.com/jp/CSaDisp/MDI

Don't get too excited yet, remember that she is now limited by quality so....
And yes, I'm mad because there's no Uniqlo in Cali.

Damn, I've caught onto this thread way too late.

I'm copping those Sebago Dockside boat shoes posted a while back. Those are really nice.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this thread, because I've been wanting to change my style of dress for a while, just haven't got around to it.

EDIT: By the way, I know it's probably been asked and answere here a few times, but how exactly do you wear boat shoes?

With jeans? With/without socks?

Someone drop some knowledge.

^^^ looks good but have you considered no socks at all? Or at least no show socks?
Tuck int he bottom-up too, it is somewhat sloppy untucked.
Tucked in would look better with the khaki/boat shoe combo.
Just a suggestion from your friendly neighborhood RFX!
happy.gif

I wear no show socks with all shoes when wearing shorts and I try to avoid tucking in when I don't have to. I'll save that for the 9-5'rs.

Originally Posted by RFX45

You can get one of the AE by Allen Edmonds I posted a few pages back. They are $199.99 each but I am sure those will go on sale, most likely before May at around $100 each so if you can wait, grabs a pair (or two) of those. They also have rubber soles so it's pretty comfortable and having traction should help as I know some clinics require rubber soles shoes at times.

Johnston & Murphy is also a good brand and they are usually on sale most of the time as well.
I absolutely detest Cole Haan but it is also one of your choices. In fact, Cole Haan is having a 30% off deal on their sale stuff at their website right now.
Just browse their sale area and see if anythign attracts you and then use the coupon code: SPSALE09

I also do not recommend Stacy Adams much or at all but these are decent at most:
Stacy Adams Madison Cap-Toe
Just out of curiosity, why don't you like Cole Haan?

Originally Posted by AC4Three

You can get one of the AE by Allen Edmonds I posted a few pages back. They are $199.99 each but I am sure those will go on sale, most likely before May at around $100 each so if you can wait, grabs a pair (or two) of those. They also have rubber soles so it's pretty comfortable and having traction should help as I know some clinics require rubber soles shoes at times.

Johnston & Murphy is also a good brand and they are usually on sale most of the time as well.
I absolutely detest Cole Haan but it is also one of your choices. In fact, Cole Haan is having a 30% off deal on their sale stuff at their website right now.
Just browse their sale area and see if anythign attracts you and then use the coupon code: SPSALE09

I also do not recommend Stacy Adams much or at all but these are decent at most:

They charge way too much for what they call "Made in Italy" shoes when they are in fact made in India. Damn air bubbles (visible or not) on dressshoes. It just doesn't belong there, period. Quality sucks for the price, even at deep discount. Lack of wide size options, cheap materials (some of theirleather looks plastic once it creases) and I hate the fact that Nike owns them and has destroyed their image.

I stumbled upon those Sperry Chukkas the other day for $49 but in a more rustic brown color. Definitely would've picked them up if I found those DarkBrowns.

BluepointChukkaCharcoalSuede.jpg
BluepointChukkaBrownSuede.jpg
BluepointChukkaTanSuede.jpg

I'm thinking of going with the dark brown ones. The charcoal ones look interesting, I just can't picture what to wear with charcoal boat shoes.

Just check out DonJuan's post above. The charcoal will go well with the same clothes combo.

The soles on my pair are different from the pairs above. The thicker soles run really small where as the thinner soles run big.
3-18shoe1.jpg

I forgot to check Gilt this morning and missed out on the Stone Grey Trench for 118
frown.gif

I missed out on the Leather Bomber and Leather Hoody jacket.
Damn things went quick! I was there on time too.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

They charge way too much for what they call "Made in Italy" shoes when they are in fact made in India. Damn air bubbles (visible or not) on dress shoes. It just doesn't belong there, period. Quality sucks for the price, even at deep discount. Lack of wide size options, cheap materials (some of their leather looks plastic once it creases) and I hate the fact that Nike owns them and has destroyed their image.
I see. I've never owned a pair, but I've looked at a few because they used to have a good reputation. Maybe that has changed...

sockless/loafer socks + sebago's =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Oh and how do you guys feel about wearing slim chinos with a collarless shirt or v-neck?

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by CasperJr

did some searching and found these for a decent price.

6627-781031-p.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

damn i have a thing for brown
laugh.gif

link to were i can get these at?
benjamin-desert-boot.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif

sick.gif
@ the price

plz tell me somebody else makes this shoe or something close to it with the same colorway
any help on them 2
nerd.gif

Polo loafers on sale for $107: http://www.zappos.com/product/7483712/color/4706

Herringbone DB $530: http://www.harrysoflondon...uede_black_dark_grey.do#

anyone know any good fits like for prom trying to find a different look than the regular tux

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

anyone know any good fits like for prom trying to find a different look than the regular tux

I say be different with the tux. Do not get a colored vest, wear a bow-tie and a pocket square with black suede slip-ons.
Peaked satin lapel jacket with a single vent and no belt.
That should make you different enough from the others.
Just make sure they fit well, I shouldn't have to mention that anymore considering what this thread is about.

If you really do not want to wear a tux, just be different by wearing a black suit.

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

I say be different with the tux. Do not get a colored vest, wear a bow-tie and a pocket square with black suede slip-ons.
Peaked satin lapel jacket with a single vent and no belt.
That should make you different enough from the others.
Just make sure they fit well, I shouldn't have to mention that anymore considering what this thread is about.

If you really do not want to wear a tux, just be different by wearing a black suit.
is not really prom but its something that slacks and dress shirts are required the theme is sorta like mob type stuff but i want to get like avest suspenders type look like these the fifth one

http://clubmonaco.com/032009/m1.asp

but am wondering how the suspenders stay like that and am open to different looks as well
o ya dress shoes as well

You mean how suspenders stay down and hanging? Suspenders are just clipped to the pants waist and then just let it hang on the side.
I have a similar pants from Converse by JV but I do not wear it with suspenders.
If you go the route of the pic you posted, then it is real casual look. Get a 3 piece suit and do not wear the jacket.
I particularly like this look, and then I guess you can have the suspenders hanging if you want.
shiagq4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom