Dressing better

Gentlemen Of Bacongo: The African Dandies

Gentlemen of Bacongo is a new book by photographer, Daniele Tamagni, that "explores the phenomenon of the African sapeurs, a clique of extraordinarilydressed dandies from the Congo. In the midst of war and abject poverty, these men dress in tailored suits, silk ties, and immaculate footwear."Amazon's editoral review expands even further. "Designer brands of suits and accessories are of the utmost importance to Sapeurs - Pierre Cardin,Roberto Cavalli, Dior, Fendi, Gaultier, Gucci, Issey Miyake, Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, Versace, Yohji Yamamoto are their patron saints. Unlike some US hip-hopgangs who are dressed in similar fine threads, there is no bloodshed here here your clothes do all the fighting for you, otherwise you are not fit to be calleda Sapeur.

"The white man may have invented clothes but we turned it into an art" King Kester Emeneya, Congolese musician.

gentlemen-of-bacongo-5.jpg
gentlemen-of-bacongo-1.jpg

gentlemen-of-bacongo-4.jpg
gentlemen-of-bacongo-2.jpg

rasr-trol-bakongo-1-detailb-34604.jpg
rasr-trol-bakongo-1-34608.jpg

rasr-trol-bakongo-1-detaile-34607.jpg
rasr-trol-bakongo-1-detaild-34606.jpg

rasr-trol-bakongo-1-detailc-34605.jpg
rasr-trol-bakongo-1-detaila-34603.jpg

Originally Posted by Steamin Beamin

I know a few of you are down with Brooklyn Circus so can I get some info on release and Price for these Varsity Jackets
378366152.jpg
Very Nice...

pimp.gif

Fellas.. gears came into today.. pants fit kinda slimmer than I thought, but I think these are pretty good fitting overall. As for the shirt, I think i'llneed to take it in on the sides.. to me its still not fitted enough? Your opinions?

What sort of tie should I go with? I was thinking black or grey.. and how about those tie clips? I like them without wearing a jacket. Oh yeah ignore theslippers, thats what I wear around the home. Forgive me if i've mad an mistakes.. this is the first time ive actually focused on clothing!

^simple knot. known as the oriental or pratt knot. or four in a hand.
i dont like to get too complicated with knit ties.

Originally Posted by I3

Fellas.. gears came into today.. pants fit kinda slimmer than I thought, but I think these are pretty good fitting overall. As for the shirt, I think i'll need to take it in on the sides.. to me its still not fitted enough? Your opinions?

What sort of tie should I go with? I was thinking black or grey.. and how about those tie clips? I like them without wearing a jacket. Oh yeah ignore the slippers, thats what I wear around the home. Forgive me if i've mad an mistakes.. this is the first time ive actually focused on clothing!

happy.gif
happy.gif
I like your shoes

l3---what type of pants are those and where did you get them? I've been looking for slacks that fit like that

Originally Posted by Steamin Beamin

I know a few of you are down with Brooklyn Circus so can I get some info on release and Price for these Varsity Jackets
378366152.jpg
where can i cop?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dukeben18

l3---what type of pants are those and where did you get them? I've been looking for slacks that fit like that

topman.com. Shipping is fast too, got these in 5 days and im on the other side of the damn world lol.

though I recommend you get a size up, I wear a 30 in jeans and thats pretty comfortable, but these are 30s and they are very fitted, but its formal wear so itshould be. Grey is a nice color for summer from what i've heard. Since my graduation is in a few weeks + being summer, I opted for this shade. I amaround 5'9 147lbs and lean as **@+ lol just kidding.

Originally Posted by wj4

I3, I would take in the width of that shirt.
Yeah dude, I thought so too. It is fairly snug when I put my arms out in front of me, but I hate the overspill or whatever on the sides and back
sick.gif
. The tailor is charging around $15USD to get the sides taken in, sohopefully he'll do a good job.

Thanks, that's actually a sweater vest, looks great without the jacket and with the shirt sleeves rolled up.

I3, I think your pants are just right, fit looks almost perfect, just needs to be hemmed an inch or so.
As for the shirt, definitely needs to be taken in.

^ Cheers buddy.

By hemmed you mean shortened a bit? I will look into it, but I agree, these are the best fitting slacks/dress pants ive ever bought of the rack haha. I will golook for some cheap black/brown oxfords sometime in the coming weeks to complete the look!

Thanks again fellas!

Edit: Yeah im after this fit, Leonardo style..

Yeah, shorten the pants. Little to no break is ideal for those pants.
I'm surprised the Topman shirt fit you like that, what size did you get?

i3 ur lookin sharp. pants lookin really good on u. but i would probably take the shirt in because it would match the fit of ur pants better.

The bkC varsity jacket will be $450.
Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by RFX45
Nice fits like always RFX.

I never liked the "collar outside of the v-neck" look but that works.
I'm with you on the collars outside of the sweater. It never looks right to me. It reminds me of the playas wearing collars outside of suits.

Anybody know where I can find that coat x hoodie looking combo?

It seems to be posted every year. It resembles a pea coat with a hoodie. Has long buttons. Thanks.

Originally Posted by SeaJays

Originally Posted by I3

Fellas.. gears came into today.. pants fit kinda slimmer than I thought, but I think these are pretty good fitting overall. As for the shirt, I think i'll need to take it in on the sides.. to me its still not fitted enough? Your opinions?

What sort of tie should I go with? I was thinking black or grey.. and how about those tie clips? I like them without wearing a jacket. Oh yeah ignore the slippers, thats what I wear around the home. Forgive me if i've mad an mistakes.. this is the first time ive actually focused on clothing!

happy.gif
happy.gif
I like your shoes
What pants r those

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by RFX45

Past few days...

those loafers in the 2nd pic will be copped next time I see them on GILT.
wink.gif
Yea, I definitely have to get these next time they come around on GILT. I like the color a lot. May I ask what brand they are RFX? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom