Dressing better

Where is that Chambray from WJ4? J Crew? I love the material, not sure about the miliary style though for me personally.

I love the classic workwear collar of Gap's recent offering, but as usual the fit is so boxy. Waiting for at least a little sale so I can justify thetailoring costs to move up to a medium for length and getting it taken in.

It's from Banana Republic. I bought it a couple of months ago for $30-40, I can't remember for sure.

From the ads put up at the Gab store, it seems they really are stepping it up this year.

Originally Posted by RFX45

You don't need gel inserts for the Clarks DB's, the crepe sole is already comfortable and soft, like walking on a cloud.
I'm not sure how you can size up though, I had to size down .5-1 a size to fit in DB's perfectly.
I wear a 9.5-10 in Jordans/Nikes and 9D in Clarks DBs.

RSD, those are H&M Sliqs.
I mean that I would normally size down .5 size to an 8.5 (I wear 9), but I bought 9 to fit the inserts.

In my experience, the crepe sole on Clarks feels like torture after 3 hours or so.

Giving the boat sneakers a final run before it goes to the back of the closet for fall/winter.

Ben Sherman s/s shirt - Paul Smith Belt - Levi's 511 pants - Lanvin boat sneakers - IWC Spitfire watch

pimp.gif

did you just say a few days ago you haven't worn the Lanvin boats yet, so one wear and back in the closet till next summer?
laugh.gif

When you think is a good time to stop wearing khakis/chinos? I know you can get away with it in fall, but winter?

laugh.gif

Nah, I've worn the boat sneakers several times, it's the hi-tops that I haven't worn, it'll be a fall/winter shoe for sure.

I do not really think khakis has an inappropriate season. I wear it all year long without a problem.
I think it will only matter depending on the material, like a lighter linen khaki probably won't work in colder weather, not just because it is light butthe overall look of the material having less drape.
Similar with wearing herringbone pants in the summer, it's not just because it is warm but also because it is of heavy material.
Does that make sense?

Originally Posted by quik1987

When you think is a good time to stop wearing khakis/chinos? I know you can get away with it in fall, but winter?

If you fly you can get away with it year round

Yeah, only thing I'd worry about is slush/splashing in the winter with khakis. But I'd still wear them.
There are those days where something other than jeans feels right.

Originally Posted by quik1987

It's year round for me. I only have 2 pairs of jeans now to be honest. But I also live in SoCal so we only get rain at the very worst.
laugh.gif

I have a bunch of Polo oxford shirts, but they're all big on me. I don't want to get rid of them, do you think a tailor would be able to make them fitme. Or would that only work if they were basically my size and just needed to come in a little bit?

any sites for good leather jackets? i'm a female but i figure most sites have men and women...

i refuse to get a fake one...i've been looking since last year...

Originally Posted by avitale8

I have a bunch of Polo oxford shirts, but they're all big on me. I don't want to get rid of them, do you think a tailor would be able to make them fit me. Or would that only work if they were basically my size and just needed to come in a little bit?

Yeah I think you can get them tailored, when a shirt is too big on me and hot water doesnt shrink them enough, i'll have my moms tailored them.. She'sa beast, when it comes fitting my clothes..
smokin.gif

RFX do you have more info on those Krane Jackets you posted a while back.
Price range? Where to find them?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom