Dressing better

^ Thanks Niidawg3.

* Company thankfully let us go casual during the summer...Wearing full-on suits (in SoCal) would have been murder
laugh.gif
I'm guessing you live further up north?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

What are your guys opinions on faux leather jacket?

If you live in a city where it rains a lot, faux leather is really your only option.

I prefer the real thing, as well, but I have no qualms with synthetic or faux leather.

This is a hep thread! Good to see a few here on NT pulling it together! Two questions for those who are reading,

1. Any of you have Alan Flussers Style and The Man? That book really taught me about lines, shades and color schemes, then fit,

2. How do you cats feel about the new J Crew Mens store in So Ho NYC, have any of you been? It seems that they have Alden making some of their shoes there, thelong wings, loafer and the Indy Boots. They are carrying the Long Wing in calfskin, that you cannot get from Alden directly for about 400 dollars. Also, theyhave some fantastic shirts, some oxford, and then vintage khakis with a nice drape, even though they are a slim fit.

Again, it's good to see cats speaking on this thread about being sharp!

Originally Posted by tony23retro

omgitswes

Look into either a Canon Rebel XT or XTi...
I own the XT which is the most basic DSLR you can get... I bought the camera itself which already came with a lens, and a Canon 50mm lens which altogether was around 6 bills.
All you gotta do is know your gear inside out to get the most out of it.

Also... don't fall into all that high megapixel crap... just because the cam has lots of megapixels doesn't mean its going to take amazing shots.
laugh.gif

It's all on the user to get the most out of the cam.
Lol Wut, wrong thread

Originally Posted by RFX45

Not for me personally. Saw a very nice fitting leather jacket at Zara, was walking to the cashier when I saw it was $100, double checked and it was faux leather so I put it back on the rack.
Although it looked nice, I just prefer the real thing. It'll probably rip or look plastic after a few wears or after a single wash. That's just me though.
Was it the one with the hood?

I need to get some clothes for starting at a casual work environment. I still want to look sharp and presentable though. Any suggestions on an AFFORDABLE andVERSATILE pair of brown shoes and a belt to wear with it?

Also, this might seem like a dumb question, but what kind of socks do you wear with brown shoes.

Again, I'm not making much right now, so the key things are price and items that can be worn with lots of items and in different situations.

Thanks in advance..

how do you guys feel about these pair of shoes? i need something for dressy occasions like weddings, etc.
shoes_iaec1164087.jpg

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

I need to get some clothes for starting at a casual work environment. I still want to look sharp and presentable though. Any suggestions on an AFFORDABLE and VERSATILE pair of brown shoes and a belt to wear with it?

Also, this might seem like a dumb question, but what kind of socks do you wear with brown shoes.

Again, I'm not making much right now, so the key things are price and items that can be worn with lots of items and in different situations.

Thanks in advance..
look around endless.com see if they have any shoes you like.
they normally have a really nice selection

Not for me personally. Saw a very nice fitting leather jacket at Zara, was walking to the cashier when I saw it was $100, double checked and it was faux leather so I put it back on the rack.
Although it looked nice, I just prefer the real thing. It'll probably rip or look plastic after a few wears or after a single wash. That's just me though.

Yeah, it had a removable hood and non-functional zipper on the sides. It fit well, really well actually, I just don't want fake leather.

Also, new and better pics of the Bihar boots as promised.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I need to get some clothes for starting at a casual work environment. I still want to look sharp and presentable though. Any suggestions on an AFFORDABLE and VERSATILE pair of brown shoes and a belt to wear with it?

Thanks in advance..

Anything a little less... pricey? These are all really cool but I can't really go $150+

Originally Posted by jplikejayz

how do you guys feel about these pair of shoes? i need something for dressy occasions like weddings, etc.
shoes_iaec1164087.jpg
Not really my style. I wore wing tips to my cousin's wedding and I thought that fit the occasion great.

BR is having a buy 2 on sale items get the 3rd free deal going on now. Good selections too, from shorts to leftover sweaters, vests, etc. J Crew's salesection also had a great selection of chinos and cardigans.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Thanks in advance..

Anything a little less... pricey? These are all really cool but I can't really go $150+

ummm shoebuy.com
and they're having a 20% off sale but only for today

I just bought my first pair of Desert Boots (Clark's) in black suede. I sized up 1/2 (actually bought regular size since they run a little big) so I canput in gel inserts. I love Clark's, but they are so not comfortable to me.

Yeah, it had a removable hood and non-functional zipper on the sides. It fit well, really well actually, I just don't want fake leather.

Also, new and better pics of the Bihar boots as promised.

info on those jeans?

You don't need gel inserts for the Clarks DB's, the crepe sole is already comfortable and soft, like walking on a cloud.
I'm not sure how you can size up though, I had to size down .5-1 a size to fit in DB's perfectly.
I wear a 9.5-10 in Jordans/Nikes and 9D in Clarks DBs.

RSD, those are H&M Sliqs.

You don't need gel inserts for the Clarks DB's, the crepe sole is already comfortable and soft, like walking on a cloud.
I'm not sure how you can size up though, I had to size down .5-1 a size to fit in DB's perfectly.
I wear a 9.5-10 in Jordans/Nikes and 9D in Clarks DBs.

RSD, those are H&M Sliqs.

damn, nice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
those are nice looking...they look like a pair of name brands.

I agree, the Clarks DB's are extremelly comfortable. I sized down 1 full size in all 4 pairs I own as well. Took this today, man it was a pain trying tocapture the whole outfit..this was my best attempt enough though the beeswax DB's got cut off. I was contemplating whether to button the top button or notfor a minute or two.
laugh.gif

2vug7f5.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

I agree, the Clarks DB's are extremelly comfortable. I sized down 1 full size in all 4 pairs I own as well. Took this today, man it was a pain trying to capture the whole outfit..this was my best attempt enough though the beeswax DB's got cut off. I was contemplating whether to button the top button or not for a minute or two.
laugh.gif

2vug7f5.jpg

I would unbutton the top two button for a more relaxed and summer look since you have white chinos on, plus with the epaulettes, it is a more casual shirtanyways. Good fit though but I hope that denim shirt is light because it is 100+ degrees outside.

^Dude, Starbucks is always freezing cold, I always go home early when I go in with a t shirt and shorts and plan on hanging around for a while. PS it's notdenim, it's a chambray shirt and it's pretty light.

Back
Top Bottom