Dressing better

Originally Posted by Young Street86

pimp.gif
 Info. I fox with these.

Aldo Glasford Boots...

Originally Posted by theekinqq

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS

Anyone know where I can get cargos that fit like this? Always seem to find baggy ones.

tumblr_ltbp92PtA01qhumato1_500.jpg

Uniqlo has "Perfect Fit" cargos that fit slim. Fit similar to those actually. They have olive (which is more grey/olive), khaki, and black.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

[h5]Macy’s F&F
show
Use code, wait for it, MACYSFF for an extra 25% off
[/h5]
I need these. $81.75 after code

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
FF-hilfiger-Fields.jpg
spacer.gif
Check out Marshalls for these before getting em from Macy's...I saw those for $60 there.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by AyMan23

Thoughts on these?

seriously, my uncle rocks elbow patches
he has a phd & is a college professor

ok?
Elbow patches are more about function than fashion.  They slow down the wear and tear that your jacket/sweater goes through since the elbow is the most heavily used area of those pieces.

$145 is expensive for just some elbow patches.  The leather looks nice but not on that sportcoat.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

I wore the red dockers for the first time to class today. I got so much %#!%, but i got a bunch of compliments also.
Ive never gotten so much feedback on an outfit, is it that bad???
I have the same pants ordered from kohl's. Only problem, when I got them in the mail they were a lot brighter red than I had expected.
I wanted a more burgundy color but got some New Boyz jerk looking colors.
They don't look as bad in your picture though, I think it depends on the time of day and lighting as well.

Are these the slim flat front dockers if so are they boot cut or regular

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by AyMan23

Thoughts on these?

ok?
Elbow patches are more about function than fashion.  They slow down the wear and tear that your jacket/sweater goes through since the elbow is the most heavily used area of those pieces.
laugh.gif
Get off your high-horse bro. Elbow patches may have once been more about function than fashion, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's what they are now. People cycled through clothing far less often back in the day because clothing was more costly and people shopped far less often. So you would actually wear your clothes until they literally fell apart. Today this is not the case. I have personally never worn through the elbow of a shirt or jacket or blazer or anything else that I owned, and I doubt anyone else here has either. 
No hate if people like the elbow patch look. I bought an elbow patch shirt from Land's End the other day. But don't get all high and mighty and act like you "need" the elbow patches. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

ok?
laugh.gif
Get off your high-horse bro. Elbow patches may have once been more about function than fashion, but you're kidding yourself if you think that's what they are now. People cycled through clothing far less often back in the day because clothing was more costly and people shopped far less often. So you would actually wear your clothes until they literally fell apart. Today this is not the case. I have personally never worn through the elbow of a shirt or jacket or blazer or anything else that I owned, and I doubt anyone else here has either. 
No hate if people like the elbow patch look. I bought an elbow patch shirt from Land's End the other day. But don't get all high and mighty and act like you "need" the elbow patches. 
grin.gif

grin.gif

What about my comment is high-horse-+$#?  Where did I ever say you NEED elbow patches? Are you able to read in context? I commented on green rhino 123's comment.

The guys comment was ridiculous and idiotic and I called him out on it.

You on the other hand, probably just came up with your $%+# to sound like you were mad and had to say something to me.

High-horse my +!%. Soundin' like a anti-hipster hipster...

grin.gif

^^ Soooooo... were gunna argue about elbow pads?? ok 
30t6p3b.gif
 . On a lighter note: Hey Dressing Better fam can we start posting some winter fits?? Its starting to get cold over here and my fresh will not be effected by the winter...Already got a polo beenie and scarf and about to pull the trigger on some Sperry Shipyard boots. Any Suggestions?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
I don't know why dude got so mad. You were trying to tell someone elbow patches are more about function than fashion. This is a load of BS.

Whatever though it's all love.

Good lord, learn some contextual reading skills man...your posts are complete tunnel vision-esque.
Hate to continue, but it seems that I really need to break this down for you step by step.
This is a post in which we offer fashion opinions to each other. The poster that you initially quoted offered the opinion that elbow patches were a fashion better suited for professors and old people- a commonly held perception. Instead of disagreeing with him based on fashion, you tried to completely disqualify his opinion by asserting that elbow patches aren't about fashion at all, but about function. This is why I said you jumped on a high-horse. Instead of responding to someone's legitimate, if stereotypical opinion, you tried to change things up all together and bring in the "function" argument. The function argument is BS. I called you out for your BS argument. 

End of story. Not sure why you think I have tunnel vision or can't read in context, whatever that means. Feel free to enlighten me though.

But I'm gonna go ahead and guess your response will be some combination of dismissive emoticons and something along the lines of "I don't have time for this".  

new code at jcrew.com only - GIFTS 

worked on the pair of red wings - just to see if it worked.

*Offer valid at jcrew.com only. Offer is not valid at J.Crew Retail or J.Crew Factory stores. Discount does not apply to previous purchases, alterations or the purchase of gift cards. Certain product exclusions may apply. 25% discount applies to qualifying purchases of $150 to $249.99 and 30% discount applies to qualifying purchases of $250 or more before shipping, handling and taxes are added. Offer includes regular shipping of purchases of $150 or more. Offer valid through Sunday, December 4, 2011, 11:59pm ET on Internet orders shipped via regular shipping (3 to 6 business days). Savings and free ground shipping are applied at checkout with code GIFTS. Offer not valid on phone orders. Cannot be combined with any other promotion or redeemed for cash. Limit one promotional code per order. Terms of offer are subject to change at any time.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Good lord, learn some contextual reading skills man...your posts are complete tunnel vision-esque.
Hate to continue, but it seems that I really need to break this down for you step by step.
This is a post in which we offer fashion opinions to each other. The poster that you initially quoted offered the opinion that elbow patches were a fashion better suited for professors and old people- a commonly held perception. Instead of disagreeing with him based on fashion, you tried to completely disqualify his opinion by asserting that elbow patches aren't about fashion at all, but about function. This is why I said you jumped on a high-horse. Instead of responding to someone's legitimate, if stereotypical opinion, you tried to change things up all together and bring in the "function" argument. The function argument is BS. I called you out for your BS argument. 

End of story. Not sure why you think I have tunnel vision or can't read in context, whatever that means. Feel free to enlighten me though.

But I'm gonna go ahead and guess your response will be some combination of dismissive emoticons and something along the lines of "I don't have time for this".  

And you say I was on my high horse "bro." You're laughable.
Opinions, by definition, differ person to person. Yet you dismiss my opinion (keyword: opinion) and merely assume that I'm dismissing his comments. How is the function argument BS? Oh is it because you deem it as such or is that your opinion. It's not BS if, in fact, people do use patches for function.

Back
Top Bottom