Dressing better

Originally Posted by Pinoy732

took the advice from a few pages back.
copped the olive strapped timex weekender for $7 (crazy random amazon discount) then $10 for the navy/red strap. 

plan on getting more for the watch 
wink.gif

timex are a nice buy if you don't have too much cash in excess.  I think for similar prices, FLUD Watches are better.  Also Swatch has some adult watches for under $200.

RFX: What color combination are you considering? I'm like a kid in a candy store right now.

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

If you want to be different in a black suit your best bet is probably pick up a strong color tie or maybe a checkered blue shirt with blue/navy tie & pocket square.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Nice shoes Wes. I want some long wings.

Anyways, hungover and headed to Toronto for the weekend. I love nautical tees.

6062705424_f749ec64c8.jpg
Info on the shirt? 
nerd.gif
 The only brand I know that makes nautical tees is Saint James, and their collar, fit, and sleeve length are weird.

Originally Posted by Aze201

RFX: What color combination are you considering? I'm like a kid in a candy store right now.

I'm considering the navy w/ cream sleeves. I was considering the all black but I am not liking the camo only lining/reversible side.

360 shipped is a nice price.. I'm in for that.. I'm thinking murdered out all black.

shame about the strict colorways.. Grey/Black is interesting because i've always fancied the Wings + Horns Award Varsity..

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Aceofjays - info on that shirt! Wowza!

H&M bro. It's one of their higher end joints. After I got it taken in on the sides a little, it's my best fitting shirt.

Originally Posted by sStutter

aceofjays wrote:
Info on the shirt? 
nerd.gif
 The only brand I know that makes nautical tees is Saint James, and their collar, fit, and sleeve length are weird.

I had been looking for a nice nautical tee that was a decent price, and stumbled across this Hawkings McGill one at Urban Outfitters. For $24 bucks, it's highly recommended. 

I'm considering the all black too, probably because I've seen it, and I figured you could just change the lining. I'll be looking out for inspiration now. When you get yours please pot pics.

Originally Posted by RFX45

New ToJ1 aka New Varsity now available.

Size options: You may adjust the sleeve or body lengths appropriately. No other customizations.

Price: $360 shipped 
smokin.gif
eek.gif
devil.gif

Not a fan of ToJ jackets, but $360 a steal for custom outwear.
...so many options.
pimp.gif

50% BR ends today.. F&F sale..

Im pretty sure if you go there they will give you a card.

What essential items should be scooped??

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

50% BR ends today.. F&F sale..

Im pretty sure if you go there they will give you a card.

What essential items should be scooped??

Is the Mad Men Collection excluded?

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anyone here use messenger bags? I'm a 22 y/o college student. I was considering something that's not toooo sophisticated, maybe a timbuk2 commute - small.

Link: http://www.shoebacca.com/...p;utm_pfm=finder_results

If you consider that a no, any suggestions?

what you really want:
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags.html

also since i posted that link, what do you all think about chrome? Pricey for no reason? I like their backpacks and the tobruk and kursk shoes.  The clothing (without graphics) are nice too.

I don't understand the appeal of those style bags. I personally use this RL:

But of course this was close to $1000. If you are on a budget, you should check out Filson.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

whered u cop for a hundo? nice and simple looking too
From the Coach outlet. It comes in Black and Gray as well. It has a laptop section and a main section. 

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

NYC head- what does it typically cost to get a pair of pants tapered and hemmed?

I pay $8 at my local laundromat. I just tell them how wide I want my opening to be and ask them to taper from the knee down.

Originally Posted by King of Chicago

Originally Posted by Weekz

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anyone here use messenger bags? I'm a 22 y/o college student. I was considering something that's not toooo sophisticated, maybe a timbuk2 commute - small.

Link: http://www.shoebacca.com/...p;utm_pfm=finder_results

If you consider that a no, any suggestions?

what you really want:
http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags.html

also since i posted that link, what do you all think about chrome? Pricey for no reason? I like their backpacks and the tobruk and kursk shoes.  The clothing (without graphics) are nice too.

I don't understand the appeal of those style bags. I personally use this RL:

But of course this was close to $1000. If you are on a budget, you should check out Filson.
Damn. I'm in love.
I want a brown messenger bag, too.
nerd.gif

Honestly all those suits would look better if they were a 1/2-1" wider in the sleeves and torso. But if you insist first you need to find a suit OTR that has high arm holes and then get waist suppression along with the sleeves tapered. Would probably need the pants taperd and possibly taken in the the seat area and the sleeves would most likely need to be hemmed as well.

Hey whats up guys, I lurk this thread hardcore bc im trying to get a more mature look and Ive decided to invest in a pair of boat shoes.  I've decided that black Sperry's look tacky, and now I am down between 2 pairs of brown ones.  I plan for these to be all-purpose(able to wear them with pretty much anything appropriate/any color shirt) can yall help me decide which ones according to that criteria? Here they are:

Here we have the classic Brown leather joints

And here we have the lovely Amaretto joints

Which one is the best choice??

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I want to get one of my suits taken in to fit like this picture.

35m3b07.jpg

What do I ask the tailor to do to it?
Buy suits that are 2-4 sizes too small for you and then ask a tailor to make them even smaller.
All of these suits fit horribly. Some think that as long as a suit isn't baggy, tightness/shortness is never a problem. It is. The jackets are comically short, the torsos pull horribly, and the sleeves one most of them are way too tight. Suits should be timeless in design and fit. 

Maybe you could pull off a suit like this to go to a club or a hipster poetry reading or something, but I would honestly laugh at someone that wore a suit that fit this poorly to a formal occasion or an interview or office.

I know that sounds harsh or like an overreaction, but this is seriously getting out of hand.
30t6p3b.gif

People like their suits to fit that way. U mad doggy? Get out of here with that some things are timeless bs. If I want to wear a suit that fits like that, catch me. Sorry that we don't have the same taste.
+*!*!% like you are the ones who were hating on people wearing fitted jeans when they just started coming around.

tired.gif
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom