Dressing better

Well Dressed Men of NT,
Thanks for all your help before. So, I pulled the trigger on the following suit, but I'm not 100% sure that it's the one I'm going to stay with. It was more or less get this now just in case nothing else pops up and since I got a Macy's CC, I put it on it to ensure my cash's longevity.  I'll be going to the Macy's in NY later today to see if they have what I'm looking for (Grey or Navy) because the one by me did not have it in my size (nice grey Kenneth Cole
tired.gif
). I need advice on a nice tie that can go with the following suit. I should be the same one pictured and it has light baby blue lines throughout the suit (hard to tell from the pic). I will be wearing the same colour shirt pictured and brown shoes. I'm not really feeling the tie in the picture but maybe something along those lines? any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

Originally Posted by irpstakid

^^^ I'm moving to NY for college next week from LA. 15% off with a college ID? FML, I'm going to be out of money in less than a month.

if your on a budget, try SYMS i bought a suit from there not to long ago for a decent price.

Disappointed with the JCrew Ludlow suit.
The button is way too low and it flares/skirts out in the bottom.
Overall length and sleeves were almost perfect in the 36s but the shoulder with a half size too big for my liking.
Quality is decent, wool is made by Loro Piana but it is still made in China and retail is still too high at $425.

The good part, I love the pants fit. Being able to choose the inseam from 26 to 35 is great and I got a size 30 which was perfect.
Again, made in China and for a retail of $225, I can easily go for another brand that is better quality and fit the same.

I also got the Bowery cotton twill pants in Urban Slim Fit and this one I really like and will most likely keep.
I wish it had the same inseam option as the pants suit but this thing will serve it's purpose.
Retail is still high at $175 but I think you can order it through the JCrew store and be able to use the 15% student discount.

Originally Posted by jasoner27

Well Dressed Men of NT,
Thanks for all your help before. So, I pulled the trigger on the following suit, but I'm not 100% sure that it's the one I'm going to stay with. It was more or less get this now just in case nothing else pops up and since I got a Macy's CC, I put it on it to ensure my cash's longevity.  I'll be going to the Macy's in NY later today to see if they have what I'm looking for (Grey or Navy) because the one by me did not have it in my size (nice grey Kenneth Cole
tired.gif
). I need advice on a nice tie that can go with the following suit. I should be the same one pictured and it has light baby blue lines throughout the suit (hard to tell from the pic). I will be wearing the same colour shirt pictured and brown shoes. I'm not really feeling the tie in the picture but maybe something along those lines? any other ideas? Thanks in advance 

You might wanna go with something with a bit more pop (shirt & tie)

dude above look like a weather man smh...

Nice shoes Wes. I want some long wings.

Anyways, hungover and headed to Toronto for the weekend. I love nautical tees.

6062705424_f749ec64c8.jpg

took the advice from a few pages back.
copped the olive strapped timex weekender for $7 (crazy random amazon discount) then $10 for the navy/red strap. 

plan on getting more for the watch 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

how do you switch straps? is a tool needed to remove the bars?
these kinds of strap are not two pieces.  its one long strap that you can pull right off and slide a new one into

just got a pair of logwood desert boots from clarks in the mail last week off onlineshoes.com on clearance 
pimp.gif

these are the ecostyle edition. personally i find it a little more snug to slip my foot into. just as a heads up for those who are thinking about buying a pair, its not much different from any other desert boot. wore 'em to tao in las vegas last weekend with jeans and a dress shirt, so they'll pass at the club. 

and also got these recently off sperry's website. they're brick chukka work boots. dont know if they're still up on the website though. the back of the shoe has dug into my heel, so i've had to use a heel pad so i don't get random cuts on the backs of my legs. i know no socks are the norm for boat shoes, but any of you who have similar shoes, have you gone no socks on these types of chukkas as well? i've been going no socks for now. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Disappointed with the JCrew Ludlow suit.
The button is way too low and it flares/skirts out in the bottom.
Overall length and sleeves were almost perfect in the 36s but the shoulder with a half size too big for my liking.
Quality is decent, wool is made by Loro Piana but it is still made in China and retail is still too high at $425.

The good part, I love the pants fit. Being able to choose the inseam from 26 to 35 is great and I got a size 30 which was perfect.
Again, made in China and for a retail of $225, I can easily go for another brand that is better quality and fit the same.

I also got the Bowery cotton twill pants in Urban Slim Fit and this one I really like and will most likely keep.
I wish it had the same inseam option as the pants suit but this thing will serve it's purpose.
Retail is still high at $175 but I think you can order it through the JCrew store and be able to use the 15% student discount.
Thanks. That's good to know.  Gonna keep looking then

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by JordanFreaks

I went back and grabbed the h&m suit, I think it is one of the better suits that fit on me, any C&C is very welcomed!  This is right off the rack, I'm going to get the jacket tailored and the pants hemmed, not sure how I feel about the tie/suit combo & I was planning to get brown shoes, but the black ones will do if I can't find a decent pair.

What exactly are you going to do to the jacket?  It looks pretty decent for an OTR piece.  Maybe it's your stance but the waist looks like its tugging/pinching.  The jacket sleeves look ok, if you crossed your arms your back would be pulling/stretching.  Tie width also looks wide for the lapels on that jacket but I guess it's personal preference for some.  Ditch the square toe shoes also.  Everyone will recommend brown but I say go against the grain with some nice black oxfords.  I say plain toe blucher.  Never enough black/navy love.
Can't really tell because of the lighting but it looks like this suit may have really low armholes. I tried one on at H&M a while ago and the armholes were halfway down the torso. But it looks decent, especially since you probably didn't pay more than $250 for it. 

Originally Posted by LORENander

and also got these recently off sperry's website. they're brick chukka work boots. dont know if they're still up on the website though. the back of the shoe has dug into my heel, so i've had to use a heel pad so i don't get random cuts on the backs of my legs. i know no socks are the norm for boat shoes, but any of you who have similar shoes, have you gone no socks on these types of chukkas as well? i've been going no socks for now. 
What was the price for these?  They look similar to the Sperry x J. Crew...

rsdplaya, i bought it for 57.99 on their site. came about to about $65 after shipping. i actually checked their site earlier and its now $52, but the only reasonable size left is 9.5. fits true to size in case its what you wear. 

Though this was the appropriate place to ask, but anyone going to check out Magic/Project in Vegas these next few days?  

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by jasoner27
You might wanna go with something with a bit more pop (shirt & tie)

dude above look like a weather man smh...
roll.gif
roll.gif
.....all good, I finally got the grey suit I wanted at the 34th St. Macy's we in there now.....Thanks for all the help.. 

any jeans that fit like levi's 521s? I'm feeling the fit on these joints. Good thigh room and tapered
pimp.gif

or will I have to buy slim fit and get them tapered?

rsdplaya, i bought it for 57.99 on their site. came about to about $65 after shipping. i actually checked their site earlier and its now $52, but the only reasonable size left is 9.5. fits true to size in case its what you wear. 
Oh, on second glance, they look a little too light for what I was hoping, but that's still a great deal, nice pickup! 
pimp.gif

^ Personally, I'd go for something more simple and clean (that bag looks like it has a lot goin on with all those straps, pockets, clips, etc.) I'm sure you can find more sophisticated ones than that that don't look TOO sophisticated. I don't know if there are any specs you're going for in a messenger bag, but those other messenger bags on that site don't look too bad.

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

Though this was the appropriate place to ask, but anyone going to check out Magic/Project in Vegas these next few days?  
I'm headed there tomorrow morning for work. Capsule's definitely my favorite of the Vegas shows and probably would be the favorite of dressing better. Not looking forward to the 105+ heat everyday though...

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

What was the price for these?  They look similar to the Sperry x J. Crew...
Do you wear these with shorts?

I scooped this colorway along with the brown colorway when they went on sale earlier this summer.  Both have been worn heavy at the office this summer.  They are awesome, I wear dress socks with them.  They are boat shoe inspired chukka's.  I don't think they are meant to be worn sockless, hence "work boot".  Got 'em for $59.99 off the Sperry website.

I want a bigger bracelet collection, anybody know any websites that i can get some easy/cheap bracelets for men?

Back
Top Bottom