Dressing better

akuratl02: I agree with you about the whole formula/rules thing, it seems a bit much at times
laugh.gif
. But usually, if they're followed, your look can go from good to impeccable, as far as suits go. 

Now, when it comes to contrast I completely agree. You don't need it, if you don't want it.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

oo206oo: Really appreciate the compliment man, thanks. The jacket is B. Repub and I agree about the look of the pockets on their site, mad droopy and big.

I3: Thanks for the point of view
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

eiddyfouw: Appreciate it man. I wore my beat up Aldo Umphrey boots.

5622395750_3976738c13.jpg

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

2a8fbqs.jpg

50 killin the DB suit

pimp.gif

naaah man - the only thing 50 is killing in that suit is the stitching that holds it together. shoulders are too small, midsection is pulling. buttons seem to be placed asymmetrically and he could have done that suit a lot more favors with better shoes and shirt/tie/pocket square combo. 
he is a big dude, and probably went for an off the shelf suit a little too small, which typically wont fit great. he probably needs bespoke or start with a better size and a really good tailor. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

A more interesting question is why do so many people feel their car is a reflection of themselves, similar to how clothing is often viewed?

With clothing the link is far more direct since people will frequently mistake a perfect fitting, well styled outfit as being one in the same as the person wearing it. The psychologist J. C. Flugel even coined the term "confluence" to describe this phenomena of mistaking one's clothing as being an actual part of the person themselves. But with a car this association is far weaker.

Yet in American society most people spend hugely disproportionate amounts of their income on new cars every few years, and relatively little on clothing. If you spend a while watching the cars come and go in a parking lot, it is not difficult to spot $40,000+ new vehicles with the people getting out of them looking like they buy all their clothing form Walmart or Costco.

To the average American a $500 pair of shoes is an unthinkable level of luxury! (Recall the big deal made a couple years ago over John McCain's $500 shoes). Yet a $40,000 car is seen as very sensible to many or perhaps even a level of luxury that one deserves, never mind that $15,000 cars exist that might suit their transportation needs too.

How did we get this point? Why the difference?

Where was this quoted from?  Seriously the epitome of West LA. 

Most of the time when I read this thread I wonder how dudes managed to dress themselves for XXyrs of their lives.  What to wear in 90 degree heat?  Seriously?  
eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by tobiastorgenson

GQ style manual can be got here for about $15

http://www.condenaststore.com/invt/135956/

the link comes directly from GQ.com in case you were wondering if its legit
Just wondering, is it worth $15 for this one issue? For those who have it, does it have a lot more insight and a lot less advertisement pages?
Reason I ask is because I bought the 2 or 3 years subscription deal that was posted for that price.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by RFX45

A more interesting question is why do so many people feel their car is a reflection of themselves, similar to how clothing is often viewed?

With clothing the link is far more direct since people will frequently mistake a perfect fitting, well styled outfit as being one in the same as the person wearing it. The psychologist J. C. Flugel even coined the term "confluence" to describe this phenomena of mistaking one's clothing as being an actual part of the person themselves. But with a car this association is far weaker.

Yet in American society most people spend hugely disproportionate amounts of their income on new cars every few years, and relatively little on clothing. If you spend a while watching the cars come and go in a parking lot, it is not difficult to spot $40,000+ new vehicles with the people getting out of them looking like they buy all their clothing form Walmart or Costco.

To the average American a $500 pair of shoes is an unthinkable level of luxury! (Recall the big deal made a couple years ago over John McCain's $500 shoes). Yet a $40,000 car is seen as very sensible to many or perhaps even a level of luxury that one deserves, never mind that $15,000 cars exist that might suit their transportation needs too.

How did we get this point? Why the difference?
Where was this quoted from?  Seriously the epitome of West LA. 

Most of the time when I read this thread I wonder how dudes managed to dress themselves for XXyrs of their lives.  What to wear in 90 degree heat?  Seriously?  
eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You would be surprised how terrible some people dress without them even knowing. At least he is asking for advice.

am I the only here that does not like boat shoes?

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

tobiastorgenson wrote:
GQ style manual can be got here for about $15

http://www.condenaststore.com/invt/135956/

the link comes directly from GQ.com in case you were wondering if its legit
Just wondering, is it worth $15 for this one issue? For those who have it, does it have a lot more insight and a lot less advertisement pages?
Reason I ask is because I bought the 2 or 3 years subscription deal that was posted for that price.
laugh.gif

There is no ads period. It breaks down anything you need to know about dressing from shoes, tie bars, hats, pants, what to wear during the day, casual wear and formal wear and whatever you can think of. Very informative book. Even has old pics of Celebs dressing and how they correlate into the present times *hope that makes sense* I didn't get mine within the subscription, i had to buy it at the store because it came out before i got subscriptions. Nothing but insight and tips.

Damn I have alot of catching up to do!...

50 looks wayyyyy too tight in that suit, not a good look at all.

Ace I see you still killing it bro, I need to find me a nicely priced leather...just like I always give you positive critique, I must point out the fact that vibrams only go with workout clothes bro...I have a pair and there is no way I'd try to dress them up bro...hope you don't take offense to it...

Vibrams are too comfortable to just be worn at the gym.

I mean I wouldn't wear them with a suit or anything but if I'm just chillin I'll def rock 'em and take the "L" that day
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by novaflight

I mean I wouldn't wear them with a suit or anything but if I'm just chillin I'll def rock 'em and take the "L" that day
laugh.gif

Ohh yeah I definatly agree with you, I'd rock them on some $*+% it steez myself...lol, but Ace got some nice pants and polo on...no room for vibrams in that look.

Originally Posted by novaflight

laugh.gif

I agree. I'm planning on wearing my vibrams with shorts this summer. Too comfortable!

Back
Top Bottom