Dressing Better Vol 2.0

^Amazing
pimp.gif

So how does the SuSu experience typically work? Say I walk in there with no knowledge of the prices or my fit. Do I pay for a fitting? How much should I expect to pay for a suit? Are there discounts available? I have some events coming up I need to get suited up for and I feel I'm too novice to go the TaT route right now. Would rather someone else measure me and hook me up. I've bulked back up since I've been in the gym and I'm ready to buy some suits.
Just a heads up, over on Style Forum a lot of guys went into SuSu and the SAs would recommend suits that were 1 or 2 sizes too small and smaller than their usual jacket size. 
I might start working at the Philly location on weekends (mad tight with SA's and even manager there)....can confirm....I am pretentious AF
ohwell.gif

Employee should've gotten this:

I left and never went back there. Clown *** employees. The irony is she has 10 times those employees' annual salary in her bank account 
mean.gif
 I've dealt with some pretentious employees before but I never witnessed anything as bad as that.
And to think that the cardinal rule of retail: customers are the priority.

Goofy sales associates =
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can't stand SA's that don't give you the time of day bc of how you're dressed.

On the flip side, a friend and I were in Las Vegas for a wedding and we stopped by the Roberto Cavalli store just to check it out.
The rep was as nice as could be!! She was talking bout the store's history, the theme of that season's collection, and even her favorite Dominican and Puerto Rican recipes.

Somewhere in the conversation I asked her do u treat all customers this way, even when you can tell they don't have the money to shop there.
She responded by saying, I could have guessed y'all probably couldn't afford anything but just because a customer doesn't have money today, doesn't mean they won't any saved for the future. She admitted that she had to save up for a long while to buy two things, but did it because she appreciated the work and design. And if someone has the same appreciated they would eventually purchase something too.

And please believe because of her, I'm eventually gonna pick up something from that store.

I left and never went back there. Clown *** employees. The irony is she has 10 times those employees' annual salary in her bank account :smh:  I've dealt with some pretentious employees before but I never witnessed anything as bad as that.

:lol: agree about some sales associates doing that - instant judging, it's what our society is all about though to be honest.

My bro used to work at Gucci corporate and when we'd go to the store on Madison Ave to use his discount, it'd be the same treatment - it's whatever...do I really want them bugging the hell out of me anyway?? :lol:

Can't stand SA's that don't give you the time of day bc of how you're dressed.

On the flip side, a friend and I were in Las Vegas for a wedding and we stopped by the Roberto Cavalli store just to check it out.
The rep was as nice as could be!! She was talking bout the store's history, the theme of that season's collection, and even her favorite Dominican and Puerto Rican recipes.

Somewhere in the conversation I asked her do u treat all customers this way, even when you can tell they don't have the money to shop there.
She responded by saying, I could have guessed y'all probably couldn't afford anything but just because a customer doesn't have money today, doesn't mean they won't any saved for the future. She admitted that she had to save up for a long while to buy two things, but did it because she appreciated the work and design. And if someone has the same appreciated they would eventually purchase something too.

And please believe because of her, I'm eventually gonna pick up something from that store.
Good mentality she had. You really never know who's stacking.

Treat everyone equally, especially if you're in retail/service industry.

You'd be a fool to make an assumption about how much money someone has based on how they dress anywhere but especially here in the Bay Area. Somehow it still happens all the time though.

Hey all, not sure if the brand has been discussed in the past, but I grabbed a pair of Jack Erwin shoes today. Pretty solid make on them. $195 for pretty much all the shoes, which is about the price point I was looking for.

Everything is online (if you're in NYC, you can at least visit their showroom in the Village), but the good thing is they have free returns if sizing isn't right. This is why I picked a pair of these over Meermin because I'm skeptical of the whole return process out of country.

http://www.jackerwin.com/

Last edited:
:lol: that's fine. The SuSu I'm going to is in Georgetown. I'm sure it'll be pretentious.

I just bought my second suit supply suit from this location. Employees are actually pretty cool and easy to work with. I had them take my measurements the first time around and they were good about recommending which styles would fit me well. Highly recommend going on a weekday if you can - it's typically packed on the weekends.

Not sure if these are universal prices but here's their alterations pricing:

Last edited:
I just bought my second suit supply suit from this location. Employees are actually pretty cool and easy to work with. I had them take my measurements the first time around and they were good about recommending which styles would fit me well. Highly recommend going on a weekday if you can - it's typically packed on the weekends.

Not sure if these are universal prices but here's their alterations pricing:

Do they perform alterations on outside items as well ? The prices are a steal in comparison to what I've been seeing lately.

Depends on the tailor. They do allow some outside garments to be brought in at their discretion but only for simple jobs. i.e. take in jacket at waist, hem trousers, shorten sleeves. Think if you need stuff shortened from the shoulder or taper throughout the arm they will turn you away.

Just gotta go ask.

Do they perform alterations on outside items as well ? The prices are a steal in comparison to what I've been seeing lately.

I asked them and they do accept outside garments (at the Georgetown location at least) with an additional wait time of 3 weeks...

To my little cousin's wedding in Borocay. Smh him and his wife decided to have a destination wedding during the hottest peak of the Philippines summer.

It was lit I so many ways lol.

Traditional Barong:

haven't worn a barong since i was like 8 but i remember them joints itchy af

:lol: that's fine. The SuSu I'm going to is in Georgetown. I'm sure it'll be pretentious. I bought a really expensive piece of jewelry in the the shop right next to it sweating in my gym clothes while couples were picking out wedding rings giving me the eye. The employees were iffy about me until I paid straight cash. Actually they were still probably iffy about me after that :lol:

Nothing beats walking in with gym clothes, sweating and having no one approach you because they think you're broke. Finally someone will approach and you drop the Centurion on em while at the register :lol:

They're still making commission off you. So yeah, you're still a clown.

Back
Top Bottom