Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I did get measured, at two separate places because I didnt trust what the first place told me. 

What y'all think about this Navy Cheetah print shirt from Club Monaco? I dig it but is it too loud/feminine?

p17300185_standard

p17300185_alternate2

What y'all think about this Navy Cheetah print shirt from Club Monaco? I dig it but is it too loud/feminine?

p17300185_standard

Honestly it looks likes something else to me. I wouldn't be caught dead in it. 

edit: it actually looks goods layered with that hoodie to me but still I couldn't do it. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
IDK where to talk about this so if this is the wrong place my bad. Guide me to the correct place. I was just wondering how you guys feel about Alexander Wang, Rick Owens, and similar designers since Alexander Wang has a collab with H&M this f/w. As for me I am glad men's fashion has been going to some sort of renaissance with the materials they have been using the last half decade. If he has some decent pieces I will cop. Surprised the stuff on their less extreme pieces hasnt trickled down yet.

IDK tho I am the only guy I have ever met that watches fashion shows so I'm not sure if much of a discussion can be had here.

Last edited:
Scoop me up!! :lol:
Come through!

IDK where to talk about this so if this is the wrong place my bad. Guide me to the correct place. I was just wondering how you guys feel about Alexander Wang, Rick Owens, and similar designers since Alexander Wang has a collab with H&M this f/w. As for me I am glad men's fashion has been going to some sort of renaissance with the materials they have been using the last half decade. If he has some decent pieces I will cop. Surprised the stuff on their less extreme pieces hasnt trickled down yet.

IDK tho I am the only guy I have ever met that watches fashion shows so I'm not sure if much of a discussion can be had here.
:lol: Join StyleForum. There are threads made about live fashion shows as they happen. Members also fly to Pitti and chat with each other. I plan to one day :pimp:

The collabs are a great look for both sides. It gives exposure for the brand to the folks who generally can't afford them, and it of course pumps huge revenues for the fast fashion brands.

Rick's done collab with them already? I guess I missed it because I would expect more goth ninjas to be spotted in the wild.

Come through, b.

I dig it.

Julius F. Wrek
Same. I don't think it looks feminine at all. But again, I have this shirt:

Since we're talking about suits, today:

I live in the valley I can scoop you up if you live there too @nctwin

@wis cool.
Ima pm you. Where yall old folks halving lunch? :nerd:

:lol:
Jk

express is having another sale starting in 10 minutes.

might scoop up a couple ties.

Last edited:

@wis cool.

Jk
NCtwin is in North Hollywood.

We meeting at Santa Monica an hour prior. There's a lot of good places to eat on Montana in Santa Monica :pimp: The store opens at 12PM, so we plan on eating around 11AM so we can go in at opening time.

To be honest, I get most of my ties on deep discounts at J. Crew, sometimes as cheap as $15, when it's like additional 50% off the lowest price and another 15% off for student discount.

Thanks for the insight!

Have you (or anyone in this thread) ordered from Indochino or Dragon Inside? Pros or Cons? I'm really interested in going that route since my wedding is in September.

I've used Indochino twice and it can be hit or miss. My suggestion is if you have a Traveling Tailor coming soon from Indochino to attend it and have them measure you. Otherwise, follow their directions based on the videos they have. Second I would highly recommend sending in pictures of you wearing your best fitting suit and include it in your order (I think you email them this, I don't recall). Hindsight my first suit from them should have been let out. Are they perfect or near as well fitting as my bespoke suits? Nope. However, I am very satisfied with the way my second one fits in comparison to my first one. I would still recommend SuitSupply over Indochino though to be honest. Just my .02 cents.

@wj4
 you be getting steals from J.Crew huh? :pimp:

everytime I visit, I don't find any steals.
It's been good to me recently.

I got two Harris tweed sport coats for around 60% off or so. I rarely buy anything at J. Crew for retail, usually try to wait for at least 30% off.

I visit the local ones regularly to see what goodies are at the sales racks. I'm usually in and out in 5 mins :lol:

Got my suit in from J.Crew, going to the tailor tomorrow, the pants definitely need to be taken in, and shorted a bit I think

1184x1600.jpeg.79f38610a7260131dc1a22000a2d16e3.large

1184x1600.jpeg.841d4cf0a72e0131d1f122000a2d0abb.large

Better? About where do you guys think I should get the sleeves and pants shortened to?
I can't see the shoulders so I'm not sure how that fits you. Shoulders are the most important aspect since that's very costly to tailor, and in most cases, not worth it. For sure you need to alter the sleeves and length of pants.

I'm not sure if the jacket needs to be taken in. If you can fit a first loosely inside the jacket while it's buttoned, then the answer is yes.

Maybe it will be worthwhile for you to try on a size smaller at the store to see how that feels before you cut the tags off this one.

Come through!
:lol: Join StyleForum. There are threads made about live fashion shows as they happen. Members also fly to Pitti and chat with each other. I plan to one day :pimp:

The collabs are a great look for both sides. It gives exposure for the brand to the folks who generally can't afford them, and it of course pumps huge revenues for the fast fashion brands.

Rick's done collab with them already? I guess I missed it because I would expect more goth ninjas to be spotted in the wild.
Come through, b.
Same. I don't think it looks feminine at all. But again, I have this shirt:

Since we're talking about suits, today:

Rick Owens hasnt. Just asking about him too since to me Alexander Wang and Rick Owens are direct competitors. A few others have done H&M collabs but to my memory they were all for females. Jimmy Choo and Karl Lagerfield are the only two I can remember off the top of my head.

:lol: at goth ninjas I still haven't encountered one in Chicago

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight!

Have you (or anyone in this thread) ordered from Indochino or Dragon Inside? Pros or Cons? I'm really interested in going that route since my wedding is in September.

I have made a few orders from another MTM site, Black Lapel. Service was great and quality was not bad. It can be difficult getting accurate measurements, so on your first order you will likely have to get additional alterations which they give you credit for, or have the suit remade with adjustments. So wait can be a hassle but I have been pleased with outcome.

antidope - was that a j.crew ludlow or a thompson?

Its a Thompson. I made an appointment with a tailor today and I'm still going to go mostly for a consult becuase the reactions from this thread have not been pretty.

I feel like I should have gotten a short too as opposed to a regular, need to stop kidding myself like I'm not a manlet :lol: :smh:

Last edited:

@wis cool.

Jk
NCtwin is in North Hollywood.

We meeting at Santa Monica an hour prior. There's a lot of good places to eat on Montana in Santa Monica :pimp: The store opens at 12PM, so we plan on eating around 11AM so we can go in at opening time.

To be honest, I get most of my ties on deep discounts at J. Crew, sometimes as cheap as $15, when it's like additional 50% off the lowest price and another 15% off for student discount.

do you get these ties online or in store? my local store seemingly never discounts the ties..and online i never like the ones on sale. well there was one and i woke up to a 40% off and it was gone..i almost copped an ugly orange knit one as a consolation :lol:

Any suggestions for a dress shirt that I can wear tie-less with a blazer/suit? Done this in the past and realized my collar was beneath my lapel half the night. I've also heard that the key is to find the perfect collar stays.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Back
Top Bottom