Dressing Better Vol 2.0

what are some nice loafers for around 150-300?

I've got a pair of Allen Edmonds Westchester that I really like. They are on sale on their website for $247 but looks like sizes are running out.

Those Cole Haan Air Aiden loafers seem to be well liked by some here, but I haven't seen them or tried on in person. Look nice in photos, though.

Last edited:
Thought this was interesting,AE conducted a survey among women about mens shoes http://www.ivy-style.com/tread-lightly-new-survey-on-what-women-think-of-your-shoes.html

• 65 percent of women admit to insisting their man change shoes before going out

• 59 percent have bought shoes for their man

• 12 percent have thrown his shoes out

Yikes. I know it wouldn't be valid for DB fam, but throwing out someone's shoes? :smh: (even if the pair is that ugly...)

"It don't feel right." - The Roots

I have some burgundy Weejuns that I never, simply because they look like this below (not my picture)am I being totally silly? lol. I just dont like how the toe box looks crinkled. Maybe from my Jordans days it makes me freak out ha hahttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2MCNOYwIZaA/T0RtLWrmLRI/AAAAAAAACYI/paz7H14BIkU/s1600/blog_vents2.jpg

Saw some of those Grey/pink CH Lunargrand chukkas at Nordstrom Rack today for $170... Also saw 1 pair of the grey/lime green CH Lunargrand wingtips which I paid $90 for.... Is $90 a decent deal for them? I know they've been having sales at the CH outlets so I just want to know if I should return it or not, thanks!

Yikes. I know it wouldn't be valid for DB fam, but throwing out someone's shoes? :smh: (even if the pair is that ugly...)

"It don't feel right." - The Roots

Honestly when I read the survey and saw that, I thought of the Crazy, Stupid, Love scene where Ryan Gosling asks Steve Carrell to take off his shoes and he throws them over the rail. The guys being referred to probably rock running shoes with everything, or rock New Balances :smile:lol, not talking about the boutique type NB's either).

I have a couple of friends that dress like "Dads", no hope for them. :lol:

Anyone scooping anything from the Nordstrom Sale? Thinking about scooping a couple of their Trim-Fit Gingham dress shirts, anybody have experience with them, got good reviews on Dappered.

Last edited:
Saw some of those Grey/pink CH Lunargrand chukkas at Nordstrom Rack today for $170... Also saw 1 pair of the grey/lime green CH Lunargrand wingtips which I paid $90 for.... Is $90 a decent deal for them? I know they've been having sales at the CH outlets so I just want to know if I should return it or not, thanks!

I'd say its a good deal. The lowest I've seen any Lunargrands is 125 at my outlet. If I saw a pair in a cw I liked for 90 I'd cop.

Finally scooped my first pair of AEs from the Nordstrom sale. They really have the GOAT return policy, only had to pay $54 for these. Was tempted to get those Magnanni double monks too but I'm gonna wait til I start my job :lol: :smokin

That is the best price I seen for the Red Wing Beckman Boots.  I couldn't resist at that price.  If anyone does plan on getting them, I would suggest getting a half size down from your normal size.  They run a little big.

Back
Top Bottom