Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Question about wearing an undershirt with a white shirt to a wedding:

How do you combat the undershirt being visible? Every white shirt I've tried on is somewhat transparent enough to where it's clear I'm wearing a wifebeater or V Neck underneath?

Is ditching the undershirt altogether an option? It's for a formal wedding.

Any suggestions?

I'm wearing a v neck under a white shirt right now, and you can't see through it. Visibility just depends on how thick the shirt is.

Going without an undershirt is always an option.

I'm wearing a v neck under a white shirt right now, and you can't see through it. Visibility just depends on how thick the shirt is.

Maybe I'm just looking in the right places for white shirts in terms of the desired thickness.

Any suggestions there? I rarely wear them so outside of your standard stuff at Macy's, BR, Express, Zara, etc, I really haven't looked elsewhere. But all the stores previously listed don't have shirts which convincingly hide the undershirt.

Although I may just go without one at all.

how do you guys get over having your pants only come to your ankles? I have a mental block, where if I looked down and I could see the top of my foot, I'd think my pants were way too short

you just got to be confident and do it if you feel like it looks good. if you are not confident it will show. own the look bro

nice fit bama.

I remember people were discussing floral Shirts a few pages back. I just scooped this floral shirt from J- Crew on a random restock. And I was able to use the 25% off SPRINGBEST coupon.

The top shirt is no longer available but they have this more subtle version in stock.

Just got a call that I am in the running for a position within the FLDP for Johnson & Johnson. Program runs for two years at two different rotations. If I get accepted, I would start out in Irvine, California.
Let's do lunch Wis. :pimp:

I guess my point is if you can comfortably, really afford a $2k bag (not just have $2k), you shouldn't be worried about needing to put it elsewhere/priorities or you might just be living beyond your means. JMO.
I've seen girls at the LV store use like 5 cards to buy a bag.

I only make these purchases on birthdays or something special occasions for myself. $2k isn't really that much in the scheme of things considering how much a decent time piece runs and all. It's your money, spend as you please. I'll leave it here since it can open a can of worms about saving vs spending.

How do you combat the undershirt being visible? Every white shirt I've tried on is somewhat transparent enough to where it's clear I'm wearing a wifebeater or V Neck underneath?

Any suggestions?

Lol you serious? Going without a shirt with a white dress shirt is like a cardinal sin

Any suggestions?

Lol you serious? Going without a shirt with a white dress shirt is like a cardinal sin

looking for a slim navy suit, need it quick any suggestions?

I' m checking out j crew or club monaco come to mind.. Anything else?

Any suggestions?

:lol:

I always wear a v-neck underneath a white button-up, mainly because I'd rather have my sweat on a $3 shirt than an expensive dress shirt.

It also feels better because the dress shirt is usually thinner.

:lol: You guys clown but I'd rather have a shirt slightly visible than to have a see-through shirt. If you're a sweater, well - let's just hope that's not the case.

I wear an undershirt pretty much year round, depending on what I am wearing.  I think it is just personal preference though

I haven't worn an undershirt in 2 days. And I'm wearing a white dress shirt both yesterday and today.

You have committed a cardinal sin, my friend. (apparently)

Prepare to be smited.

:lol: You guys clown but I'd rather have a shirt slightly visible than to have a see-through shirt. If you're a sweater, well - let's just hope that's not the case.

I always wear a v-neck underneath a white button-up, mainly because I'd rather have my sweat on a $3 shirt than an expensive dress shirt.

It also feels better because the dress shirt is usually thinner.

I wear an undershirt pretty much year round, depending on what I am wearing.  I think it is just personal preference though

Ugly Glen Gordon Jr,

Those drivers with the tassels are Cole Haan too?

nah they are car shoes. you not feeling them?

this. feels weird when i dont wear one

Bama said it best that it's all preference but shirtless underneath FTW. It's more comfortable for me AND I go AT LEAST top button + 1 deep so I'd be killing the look if it wasn't just chest showing underneath :lol:

^^ dress shirts and business casual attire.. I always wear a beater underneath.... Thick Oxford cloth button downs and casual attire= no shirt underneath

Bama said it best that it's all preference but shirtless underneath FTW. It's more comfortable for me AND I go AT LEAST top button + 1 deep so I'd be killing the look if it wasn't just chest showing underneath :lol:
Same. I only wear a v neck for sport shirts if the weather is cooler. I dislike the feeling of having 2 shirts tucked in.

Like Girlslovewaffle stated though stains can be problematic on white shirts with enough wears. But that's when I replace them. You spend money to wear the clothes, you wear them ample times and its money well spent.

Any of you guys have a lot of trouble with sweat? It was never bad but as of recently my back and butt (srs) are literally soaking wet if I use my bicycle.

I barely sweat during a 2 hour long session of weightlifting but put me on a bicyle for 5 minutes and my back is completely soaked.

Worth checking out the pharmacy for a product? I'm 19 and don't have a car so I use my bicycle to get around a lot.

I'm extremely cold resistant if that matters. My body always feels warm and I could probably walk around in a t-shirt in freezing weather and feel pretty warm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom