Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Pinoy732, my favorite few suits are of Washington cut. Took a few wears to get over the peak lapel but the cut is so impeccable in the armhole, arms, etc that the lapel isn't even a factor for me anymore at this point in time. Will certainly get a few more Washington.

Just note that the Washington isn't the only one that will fit you well. I have a sports jacket from SS, and til this day I don't know what cut it is but also fits well off the rack. Soft shoulders, etc. I can't get enough of it.

for those of yall that like plain t-shirts

http://www.sears.com/structure-men-s-solid-t-shirt/p-041J0021000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

The fit is ON POINT. sleeves are slim and end at my bicep. the shirt is an athletic, slim fit itself. More slim than a Gap or American Eagle athletic/slim fit.

It's a nice, SOFT, and fairly thick (but not too thick that it's hot, thicker than j crew) 98% cotton 2% spandex fabric. TRUST ME. THIS T-SHIRT IS GREAT. It holds up great in after a bunch of washes. My black shirt is still black. Go to a Sears and try them on. Take a look at the reviews on that page.

Go check it out. It fits true to size (or small if you wear pro-clubs :lol:). I'd say get the same size as you would in a j crew t-shirt.

Got word back from SS, they are cool with me swapping out so I'm just gonna cop my navy suit from them. Prob will go with the Napoli, but I was curious about what you guys thought about this "Washington" suit. I know peak lapels are not everyone's thing but idk, that and the ticket pocket really intrigues me. Especially at the same price.

Napoli:
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...d=Suits&prefn1=lineID&prefv1=Purple Line $469

Washington:
http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...hington&prefn2=lineID&prefv2=Purple Line $469

Also the Washington would be already tapered enough for me. Ced, told me his napoli is prob an 8 inch opening. I'd want mine to be a 7.

Here's a truer pic of someone who has the Washington btw.

Pinoy732, my favorite few suits are of Washington cut. Took a few wears to get over the peak lapel but the cut is so impeccable in the armhole, arms, etc that the lapel isn't even a factor for me anymore at this point in time. Will certainly get a few more Washington.

Just note that the Washington isn't the only one that will fit you well. I have a sports jacket from SS, and til this day I don't know what cut it is but also fits well off the rack. Soft shoulders, etc. I can't get enough of it.

I only rock the Washington cut as well. It honestly just depends on what you're going to be using the suit for. Most places you'd be fine but some workplaces are ultra conservative and the peak lapels may be too much.

Thanks for the input everyone. Definitely leaning more towards the washington now but it will all come down to how everything fits when I get up to the store.

Storm, as for my work environment. Everyone is crazy "business casual". I'm talking shirt and black pants. That's about it. However, y'all know I don't play that. I'm rocking a damb suit everyday except for casual fridays where I still refuse to roll out with a t-shirt :lol: The peak lapels won't be a problem haha

Lol I feel you A. I'll be working IT for the first part of my career and I'm still going to wear a suit and tie or at least a sportcoat with a nice shirt and trousers.

Speaking of jobs, after the first phone interview I had was horrible, I got a call a couple days later from Lockheed requesting a phone screening too. That one went great, I have a follow up interview Tuesday where they want me to meet the IT manager and more people that I may be working with. It's a summer internship but I'm only taking two classes in the fall so hopefully it can turn into a full time position after this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone. Definitely leaning more towards the washington now but it will all come down to how everything fits when I get up to the store.

Storm, as for my work environment. Everyone is crazy "business casual". I'm talking shirt and black pants. That's about it. However, y'all know I don't play that. I'm rocking a damb suit everyday except for casual fridays where I still refuse to roll out with a t-shirt :lol: The peak lapels won't be a problem haha
Yeah, man...only on rare occasions would you need to wear suits all the time. I can see a very conservative law firm, and some finance corps, but that's about it.

A director of mine loves to shop at "Penney" which is JCP. He has some chinos that got mad patina going on, the pants are older than I am :lol:

Lol I feel you A. I'll be working IT for the first part of my career and I'm still going to wear a suit and tie or at least a sportcoat with a nice shirt and trousers.

Speaking of jobs, after the first phone interview I had was horrible, I got a call a couple days later from Lockheed requesting a phone screening too. That one went great, I have a follow up interview Tuesday where they want me to meet the IT manager and more people that I may be working with. It's a summer internship but I'm only taking two classes in the fall so hopefully it can turn into a full time position after this.
Very nice! Lockheed Martin?

Exactly. I feel like throughout the week, I will always have at least a jacket on. Perhaps a sweater to change it up every now and then but never just a shirt and trousers.
And congrats Wes! That would be an awesome gig!

Nice fit Lucky

A, that Washington is fresh as **** bro might need to look into getting one of those for my next big suit :lol:

Nice Wes! That'd be a great gig indeed :smokin

Exactly. I feel like throughout the week, I will always have at least a jacket on. Perhaps a sweater to change it up every now and then but never just a shirt and trousers.

Do you get any strange looks from people at the office?

Do you get any strange looks from people at the office?
:lol: I just started on Thursday. Basically I'm getting people saying "I give it a month before you're sick of wearing suits all the time."

...we'll see :rofl:

You will definitely get compliments and some looks since most men don't dress up unless its mandatory.

:lol: I just started on Thursday. Basically I'm getting people saying "I give it a month before you're sick of wearing suits all the time."

...we'll see :rofl:

If anything you'll definitely stick out and get noticed, and that's usually a good thing

I work in IT when i first got to my job I wore ties and stuff and people use to say "you must be new "

Now I just wear button downs and slacks, lotta cats wear polos and jeans since our shirts have to be tucked a lot of that looks like old man gear cause try wear them big old man light blue denim and stuff lol

At least the weather hasn't been too bad lately. Mid-summer can be unbearable sometimes. The humidity and heat has me drenched in sweat even if i'm just wearing a t-shirt. Good luck to you guys who have to wear long sleeved shirts to work.

I havent posted in ages.

#DBNT has kept me in touch via instagram.

Anyone here wear chinos w/ elastic cuffs (a la Kith's mercer pants)?

can they be worn with nonathletic shoes?

Lots of good stuff on sale, most noticeable are the Carminas: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/sale

None of the Carmina shoes get my attention but the denim trousers do. How does Epaulet's trousers run? Also how does their shirts run, looking at two of their spread collar shirts.

If you are in the market for a nice brown leather bag I would consider this one from Epaulet as well, it's pretty nice:
http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...nne-westwood-man-leather-briefcase-dark-brown

i was scoping that westwood case.

i wanted a more proper case cuz right now im rocking a nylon samsonite joint.

this seems more my avenue, but the made in china leaves me a bit weary.

I havent posted in ages.

#DBNT has kept me in touch via instagram.

Anyone here wear chinos w/ elastic cuffs (a la Kith's mercer pants)?

can they be worn with nonathletic shoes?
I've been looking at some McQueen trousers with elastic cuffs. I plan on wearing them with balmorals and dress shirts when/if I get them. If they go on sale for $300 or less, I'll consider.

None of the Carmina shoes get my attention but the denim trousers do. How does Epaulet's trousers run? Also how does their shirts run, looking at two of their spread collar shirts.

If you are in the market for a nice brown leather bag I would consider this one from Epaulet as well, it's pretty nice:
http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...nne-westwood-man-leather-briefcase-dark-brown

I don't think the shirts will fit you, Serg. I'm a small with 37" chest. My friend is a medium with a 39" chest. You can get an XL or whatever, but the sleeve length will probably be too long for your frame.

I love their trousers. This is why I probably have over 20-25 pairs. The Walt may be too slim for you though. You may need the Rudy.

Just drop by one of the two stores when you have time to dial in your size.

Picked up these driving mocs from J. Crew yesterday. Been looking for a good pair of drivers and these are awesome. Good padding and the leather is great. Also got a marled pocket tee for $9.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom