Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Coleworld123 my stature is 5'9" and I weight about 210-215. I have the photographer suit in a 44R jacket and size 36 waist. I don't think I'm slim by any means.

thoughts on this suit? I know some of you have purchased the photographer suit, what about the producer? http://www.express.com/clothing/Suit+Shop/Plaid+Stretch+Wool+Producer+Suit/ens/cat890008 unfortunately, I dont have the slim body type some of you have, and the photographer looks more for slimmer guys? Im a 46regular jacket btw.
Slim lapel doesn't look too flattering on bigger sizes IMO. I'd look into something more traditional in the range of 3 to 3.5 inch lapel for a size 46 US jacket.

NT "better dressers," I have to go to a wedding tomorrow. Small one, supposed to be rainy up here in the northeast. Any tips on what to wear? The wedding is for my recently deceased best friend's sister. Was thinking something along the lines of this, not necessarily the colors. Like the checkered shirt with solid tie look though.

Coleworld123 my stature is 5'9" and I weight about 210-215. I have the photographer suit in a 44R jacket and size 36 waist. I don't think I'm slim by any means.
im planning to drop about 15 lbs by October, so ill be similar to your size it sounds like. Thanks for the opinion

Would you prefer a solid tie, because that is not a solid tie. That type of shirt would work though, I would wear a blazer with it if you have one.

Would you prefer a solid tie, because that is not a solid tie. That type of shirt would work though, I would wear a blazer with it if you have one.

Yeah I think I solid tie would be easier. What do you think? Might swing by TJMaxx to see if I can find an RL blazer to go with it. What do you think?

With my friend hooking up a 30% discount before he quits jcrew in 2 weeks, is it better to cop the ludlow suit or the Napoli from suit supply. Looking at a navy blue one. Thoughts?

Jcrew would come out to 455. SS would be 479 shipped.

With my friend hooking up a 30% discount before he quits jcrew in 2 weeks, is it better to cop the ludlow suit or the Napoli from suit supply. Looking at a navy blue one. Thoughts?

I like both suits, price is pretty much the same. I assume both would need some tailoring? Are you able to try on both? Maybe go with the one that fits you best and that you think has best quality after trying them on.

I like both suits, price is pretty much the same. I assume both would need some tailoring? Are you able to try on both? Maybe go with the one that fits you best and that you think has best quality after trying them on.
If I try on the SS, I need to factor in the added costs of getting into the city. Roughly an additional $20-30 between gas and train fare. Jcrew I can just go to the one 15-20 away from work with my boy when we get out and scoop there. It's located in Princeton NJ and carries damn near everything.

If I try on the SS, I need to factor in the added costs of getting into the city. Roughly an additional $20-30 between gas and train fare. Jcrew I can just go to the one 15-20 away from work with my boy when we get out and scoop there. It's located in Princeton NJ and carries damn near everything.
Yeah in that case the price difference is getting a little higher. The suit supply says it is S110's and J crew does not give the count, I know that is not the end all be all, But that appears to be the only possible distinguishing factor for the suit supply one.

I didn't even think about the extra cost to just get there :lol: If that's the case you may want to go w/ the Ludlow, though I'm partial to the SS suit....

http://dappered.com/2013/05/style-debate-suitsupply-vs-j-crew-ludlow-suiting/

http://online.wsj.com/article/http:...ate-suitsupply-vs-j-crew-ludlow-suiting/.html

Those are some articles comparing them but that extra cost might not offset the difference for you...then after couple month's pay checks you can cop a SS one :smokin

Last edited:
Slim lapel doesn't look too flattering on bigger sizes IMO. I'd look into something more traditional in the range of 3 to 3.5 inch lapel for a size 46 US jacket.

Definitely agree with this, as someone who is a 44-46R, the slim lapels throw the proportions off. I'd try to not go below 2.75 inches, personally.

Got the Thompson suit in, definitely going to shorten the sleeves but I'm not sure which size I should stick with. Thoughts?

38R

36R

Thanks bros

You don't have any MTM options in your area at that pricepoint?

Hey_

Just to put this out there...

If you are to choose between J. Crew and Suit Supply,

choose Suit Supply.

SS quality and options > J. Crew quality and options.

Julius F. Wrek

You don't have any MTM options in your area at that pricepoint?
I mean I could do indochino but I've heard of too many bad stories dealing with them. Also don't feel like having to wait for it to be made.

Got the Thompson suit in, definitely going to shorten the sleeves but I'm not sure which size I should stick with. Thoughts?

38R

36R

Thanks bros

Not really, I still have room to breathe
The shoulders on the 36 look better to me. If the arms aren't too tight and you're not feeling like you have a compression shirt on, I'd go with the 36. Neither looks horrible by any means.

The differences are very subtle. I've tried on a 36 and 38 before to gauge sizing, though in a different brand, and felt like I can work with either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom