Dressing Better Vol 2.0

What type of collar is this? Looks nice for a casual setting.

Nearly the same story as my step dad. He's also very successful but frugal when it comes to things like clothes. He used to question to why I had so many pairs of sneakers that cost over $100 even though the money came from my job. He thought I was nuts that I had the release dates circled ahead to plan the buys.

As a business lover and degree holder, I know where's he's coming from....the making someone else rich mentality. However, I didn't really go through 10 years or so of further education after HS just to make lots of cake and not spend it.

I don't even know how kids are affording all of the shoes now. Back when I was into it...retros were around $125. Only the new Jordans ran $150. And we only bought a pair per month max. Now, retros are $160, not to mention the other stuff like Kobe, Durant, Foam, Lebron, etc line.

There's a local chain here...it's like a structured mom and pop joint (WSS for those in SoCal). They smartened up and offered payment plans for the sneakers so you can pay back on a monthly basis. I'm sure interest has to be sky high :lol:

I'm glad you said this Wis. I'm on the same boat here as you. Granted their are things that I'm still frugal about and frankly I'm mostly frugal about spending money on myself but after 4 years of undergrad, 3 years of grad school and 3 degrees later, I want to be able to spend my money if I want too. I'm one of these people who rather spend money on others; like my wife than on myself but I've worked hard to do that and so has she.

The "shoe game" is out of hand and frankly I haven't even been inclined to go out and get the latest Kobe's like before. I remember when the Kobe IV came out I had about 13 pairs of those, then the Kobe VI another 7-8 pairs and then after that it started to die down for me thankfully. It sucks though when you can't even get a pair you actually want, like the 88 Jordan's, my favorite pair of the line and I'm not much of a Jordan signature line fan.

To give yall an idea of what my normal casual look is- usally a polo/button down paired with jeans and some sneakers. The whole look gets boring after a while and I feel that it is time, like I said earlier, to incorporate some more refined looks into the rotation. Apologize for the corny instagram pics and poses lol
roll.gif

That being said, what do yall think of some of these fits? I usually don't pay too much attention to minute details and color coordinating...
clean fits man

Voted,Would have voted for Adrian even if he wasn't an NTer not feeling ant of the other fits too much...

Good luck Adrian!  Big lead so far!
pimp.gif

I have been trying to figure out what made this pic so perfect?  Any thoughts?  Is it the socks?  The pose?  Cant put my finger on it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Good luck Adrian!  Big lead so far! :pimp:

I have been trying to figure out what made this pic so perfect?  Any thoughts?  Is it the socks?  The pose?  Cant put my finger on it :lol:
Kinda everything and the fact that he's 21. You couldn't get most 21 year old dudes into a suit if they aren't required to wear one. Some dude even recognized how the shoes/socks match the bag! :lol:

Man_

Are there any NT bros that would be willing to pick up a M in all white/navy (no logo) Uniqlo x Michael Bastian polo?

I tried ordering online over the weekend,

something funky happened during the transaction and I was charged, yet no order was submitted or confirmed.

I check today and I've got the funds back, but my size/color combo is sold out online...

|I

:frown:

real tears[COLOR=#red]*[/COLOR]

Julius F. Wrek

Man_

Are there any NT bros that would be willing to pick up a M in all white/navy (no logo) Uniqlo x Michael Bastian polo?

I tried ordering online over the weekend,

something funky happened during the transaction and I was charged, yet no order was submitted or confirmed.

I check today and I've got the funds back, but my size/color combo is sold out online...

|I

:frown:

real tears[COLOR=#red]*[/COLOR]

Julius F. Wrek
I believe an Nter said they were sold out during release date? Someone copped two sizes and is only keeping one though. He offered to sell the other to an NTer. Not sure of the size or colors, you may wanna check back a few pages.

Voted 8)

If it were an easter contest ol boy in the green would have my vote lol.

Also sc representing :smokin
Lose the hat tho will

There's a local chain here...it's like a structured mom and pop joint (WSS for those in SoCal). They smartened up and offered payment plans for the sneakers so you can pay back on a monthly basis. I'm sure interest has to be sky high
laugh.gif
Is this real? Payment plans for sneakers?

Maybe I can't grasp this because I don't think Jordans are even sold here but if I even tried to bring that up as an option in any store I'd get the blank stare and get kicked out for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom