Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Gents, you all know the drill!

Speaking of suits...this Prince of Wale pattern was my first one. I wore this to 6-7 interviews for my current position. Met with regional director, manager, corporate folks, and the higher uppers and not one care was given about how I dressed...except for the regional manager who commented on the IWC I wore :lol:

Weather heated up so I switched clothes since I passed by home anyway:

About to hit the gym before going on a date tonight. Will take another set of pics if it's not too dark :lol:

:lol: out here looking like it's spring!! Must be nice!

You shopping online or in-store at BR? I had returned some stuff and they gave me these coupons for somewhere between 25-40% off on a designated day of the week throughout March, you can get it in a store. I have it somewhere, didn't pay it much mind because I'm not a big fan of their stuff. I only ordered because it was like 40% and there was a bunch of items on sale plus I had a gift card that I hadn't used since Christmas 2011 so I paid barely anything but returned almost all of it.

I get the emails, nothing enticing, those 40% of one or two items are ok. Haven't seen anything worthy of jumping on. I like their F&F's 'cause I go into the factory store and clean up on socks/ties/etc. Trousers can also be had on the cheap, rarely I'll jump on a shirt or two, but I try to stay away from their shirts.

Suit Supply is awesome for the price point imo, if you really want to try on before buying then you may want to look at other options, but I ordered mine over the phone and the jacket fit me great OTR....navy Napoli fit is man Only change I had to do was hem the pants, and I may get them tapered but thats really all it needs

I might do the same, but would really like to try it on. Just seeing if there are any options that are similar out here on the West Coast.

why the hate? i will never understand :smh:

anyway, we posting causal fits? MORE CAMO!!!!

Steezy what watch are you wearing in your pictures? Looks kinda nice but I can never see the face.

why the hate? i will never understand :smh:

anyway, we posting causal fits? MORE CAMO!!!!

Yoooo. No, bro. We're on a hiatus with camo so RFX will come back. Now someone gotta wear LV or something of that nature to counter the camo :lol:

The hate? It's simple. We post pictures of ourselves. It's like the WAYWT thread in the mid 2000s. A lot of self proclaimed comedians trying to joke by putting someone else down so they can see other members quoting their "jokes" thus giving the comedians an invisible pat on the back.

Last edited:
While I do believe the fit was proportionally sound, what you guys aren't getting is that that's not my style anymore. Fit is absolutely fine, but I don't like the whole fitted cap and graphic tee look anymore. Though you guys believe I over do certain fits for everyday tasks, it's my style and how I carry myself now. If tees and jeans is you, by all means. Just not my cup of tea as often. *kanyeshrug*

Adrian, I'm with you on this, which is one of the reasons why I would not necessarily vote on the idea of this for a challenge. What I'm posting on here/blog is what I usually wear on a day-to-day basis, that's just how I dress now.

no matter which way you cut it i think we can all agree a navy suit is probably the most versatile you can have, but all three (navy, charcoal, black) are pretty important and pretty much all you need as a suit rotation, once youve gotten those three you have tons of combinations, once youve gotten those essential 3 you can then focus on all the other different colors, fabrics, styles you want.

The thread has definitely jumped. I think the best way to put it is, the only people that would ever "smirk" or comment at someone coming to an interview in a black suit, is someone who knows the "proper etiquette" of what suits to wear/what color to wear. I put proper etiquette in quotes because lets be honest that is defined by an individual. The average man for the most part doesn't even know how a suit is to properly fit, much less the fact that a black suit is not business appropriate. We here do and I completely agree, that navy is the most versatile with a gray/charcoal suit being second.

For example today was a good example. My nephew wore a black suit with a light gray shirt and light pink tie to his Police Officer's exam, not because he had too but because like he said, everyone else goes in sweatpants and jeans, I want them to remember me. When I saw him wearing the black suit this latest conversation we're having popped into my head and frankly, the suit fit him extremely well, as it's been properly tailored and at the end of the day he's right he's going to stand out. Not because he was wearing a black suit, but because he was wearing a suit, regardless of color, that fit him well, that showed that he actually cared about getting the position. At the end of they day that's what it's all about. One thing is for sure, he stood out and they'll remember him for being the guy in the nice suit who did well on his exam...yea that guy.

As a teacher I wish most of the men I work with knew how to properly dress. The only dude at my job that understands fit and proportion is another dude who is about my size, he dresses very casually, usually in denim, sweaters, sneakers/dress shoes, but it looks good on him because it fits him. Most of my other male co-workers, are wearing trousers that are too big in the leg, billowy shirts so big that a dude that should be rocking a S/M, that I could fit in their shirt and ties straight out of the shirt/tie combinations sold. At the end of the day though they got the job because they are great teachers and thankfully their teaching doesn't reflect their fashion sense lol.

Confirm on some teachers' dressing. The things you see in highschool... Last year my German teacher (also works at Delvaux in spare time, used to be a model) went on a huge rant about it lol.

Damn the thread moved today :wow:

GAG, Wisith, and Steez, sick fits as usual

Sckid you look like a damn villain in that, but in a good way :pimp:

Mr Nasty... ehhh

Last edited:
Btw...hope you guys enjoy this. Ended up walking over to the diner on campus tonight with my girl. Since it was a quick trip, figured there was no reason to throw on a tie ( :lol: ) so I busted out a classic fit I would've rocked maybe just two years back just for old times sake..hope you all enjoy
[/URL]

#nostalgia |I
yes, I know this has nothing to do with DB, I just posted for da lulz
lol  dude look mad uncomfy.... cant take no trash talking from yall lames that look like this... come round my town we show ya what we bout.... and the f yall talkin bout girbauds for.... them **** look like garbage bags we dont rock em lol

You're assuming someone is an idiot 'cause they wear a black suit to an interview?!

If it's for a finance/accounting/business position, yes. And no, it's not something I would reconsider.
:lol:
I intern at a BB and plenty of people have come in black suits and received an offer. Tbh the people hiring won't care if your suit is black, navy, charcoal, or grey. Just don't do anything like wide peak lapels and it should be fine. If you're going to reject a candidate just because he shows up in a black suit, then something is wrong.

ok if yall wanna know... i rather be dressing like ninjahood than ksteezy... lool

Powerballing ??

:wow: :nerd:

& We're not saying that he won't be hired because of the black suit, we're just saying another color would be much more versatile and appropriate.

I'm sure the hiring manager barely ever notices the color of the suit :lol:

Last edited:
Yoooo. No, bro. We're on a hiatus with camo so RFX will come back. Now someone gotta wear LV or something of that nature to counter the camo
laugh.gif

Tomorrow, I'll post my causal fit with my Balenciaga sneakers...
laugh.gif

I love black suits...And, Camo...Bury me in it. 
laugh.gif

Kanye make Black suits do-able

RE: Black suits

I agree they're not nearly as versatile as navy, grey, etc but I think the rhetoric about only wearing them if you're a waiter or to a funeral is overstated. I'm with ksteezy that they're just more formal, I wouldn't wear one to an interview but for a night, indoor, formal wedding it's appropriate, can be worn to a nice dinner, made a little more casual with a light blue shirt, etc.
I only own one black suit while I have 3 different shades/materials/patterns of grey, 2 navy & a few others.
I'll never understand the point of this type of pic. *Shrugs*
I'll never understand the point of this type of response. If you don't like it just move along. *just saying

in reply to the black suit convo a few pages back,
I think many of you guys are over analyzing this. Black suits as long as they dont have peak lapels or are super fancy, or have a sheen, are acceptable. Are they the first choice? probably not depending on your profession, but it will not be a deal breaker..unless ur interviewer is a SF junkie who regurgitates whatever they see on the internet message boards about style. Truth is, if you are in the

I don't understand the hate. Like Spitta said, "Start a business, mind ya own." :pimp:

Anyways, I'm lovin' these new Clarks:

in reply to the black suit convo a few pages back,
I think many of you guys are over analyzing this. Black suits as long as they dont have peak lapels or are super fancy, or have a sheen, are acceptable. Are they the first choice? probably not depending on your profession, but it will not be a deal breaker..unless ur interviewer is a SF junkie who regurgitates whatever they see on the internet message boards about style. Truth is, if you are in the

Back
Top Bottom