Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I have those Seneca boots and they turn heads constantly. Which is good and bad because I generally prefer to stay low key. They look much better in person and are quite comfortable. I would definitely recommend them.

Didn't ronnie fieg work at David Z? Looks like he really worked his way up and gets to make stuff he wants.

I have those Seneca boots and they turn heads constantly. Which is good and bad because I generally prefer to stay low key. They look much better in person and are quite comfortable. I would definitely recommend them.

How do they fit?

Well someone who knows tumblr well feel free to make it, I must warn ya, I can't browse tumblr from work and that's where majority of my posting is done..lol

Damn loll

I threw Tumblr out there because I feel you guys can grow really fast socially. They do have an "ask me anything" component but with a good template you can easily add Disqus and allow people to ask, share with FB, Twitter to extend your reach. And the platform is visually appealing on mobile (as opposed to Yuku for example).

For me, I think you guys have the story down and it's a matter of solidifying something's that turn key in addition to providing tips. Like it was only until the Challenges did I really feel like I could confidently post and attempt to turn my swag on ahah. The audience also certainly shows up when you guys have giveaways lol.

Hope I didn't come off preachy, but as Wj4 said, the thread has branded itself since DB1. As a supporter, I think you guys should really look into evolving. Who knows after, right? Maybe the next Project Show with Marcus Troy. NT will always be here lol.

I'd be down to help out from an admin/producer perspective, and if not me, you still got my support. I just see the pieces lol. My two cents.

question bros, how does this look to you guys?

i love the fit of this suit, have had it for almost 2 years, now i like my stuff fit, but i dont want it to look bad and ive been working out alot more lately, doubt ive put on much mass at all, but the arms are starting to feel a little snug...now does it look terrible or is it acceptable, doesnt look like this when im relaxed, only when i stretch my arms back, its not at the point where my movement is restricted at all, just concern about the aesthetics of it...basically what im asking, is stacking on the arms acceptable at any time?...or is the suit supposed to look flushed at all times regardless of movement, not sure if that makes sense to ya...lol

Damn loll

I threw Tumblr out there because I feel you guys can grow really fast socially. They do have an "ask me anything" component but with a good template you can easily add Disqus and allow people to ask, share with FB, Twitter to extend your reach. And the platform is visually appealing on mobile (as opposed to Yuku for example).

For me, I think you guys have the story down and it's a matter of solidifying something's that turn key in addition to providing tips. Like it was only until the Challenges did I really feel like I could confidently post and attempt to turn my swag on ahah. The audience also certainly shows up when you guys have giveaways lol.

Hope I didn't come off preachy, but as Wj4 said, the thread has branded itself since DB1. As a supporter, I think you guys should really look into evolving. Who knows after, right? Maybe the next Project Show with Marcus Troy. NT will always be here lol.

I'd be down to help out from an admin/producer perspective, and if not me, you still got my support. I just see the pieces lol. My two cents.

dude preach on!....honestly i have my cape and sword ready when dudes try to throw salt at this thread, simply because i dont understand the hate, some say is the name of the thread and to be perfectly honest i understand why, it does sound douchey, but dudes have to understand im sure the name of the thread was not created with those intentions and now is kind of silly to change the name, since like you said it has branded itself....other than that everyone on here is chill and never really goes at anyone hard, C&C is given in a respectful manner for the most part, instead of judging, appreciate the knowledge some of the guys here have to offer.

there are so many fashion blogs out there that is silly to be on your own, but i dont think ive heard of a collective of dudes from different parts of the country doing it together, might be fun and can definately add depth since is more than one person's opinion, from there on that style consulting idea can develop and we can maybe make some cash helping dudes pick the right suit for their wedding, an outfit graduation or completely revamping their wardrobe....ive thought of doing that on my own, but it seems like an impossible task...lmao

Hey K: that looks fine. It's on the more fitted side, but not comically fitted like you cannot move. I know exactly what your mean about the stacking, like skinny pants stacking style.

Re: Tumblr. That's a cool idea but here are some debates:

Who will be on the team?

When will each person be on? I ask because I don't think two persons can be signed onto the same account simultaneously.

What will we blog about?

Once we get a team assembled, we can introduce ourselves I think and out pics to the names.

There's nothing wrong with stacking but there is definitely something wrong with too much stacking. The stance you're in will naturally make it look like there is a lot of stacking, I'm sure it's fine when you're more relaxed though

^ I'd love to help with something like that also. I know I don't post much, I'm just kind of new to this dressing better stuff :lol:

Here's my 2 cents:

Whether or not I make it onto the team is fine.

Team needs to be kept at a low level, maybe 10 posters?

Posters need to be regulars who can post up interesting pictures and articles. If we let 100 people post, it will be exactly like this thread but on the Tumblr platform.

Posters need to be somewhat knowledgable to be able to answer questions.

The two members that would be well for the team I think are Adrian and Bama. Given the average age of an nter, Adrian is about to finish college and Bama just got out a couple of years ago.

If this does go through, we need to maintain composure as the floodgate will be opened. I'm sure we will get a lot of troll questions just like there are troll posters here every now and then. We should be like JKissi and his team and focus on the positive aspects.

RFX I think it was you or maybe Wis who posted a picture of a dude jumping in the air with brown, leather ankle high boots with a thin strap and buckle around the top.. What are those called and could you please repost the picutre..

^i think it may be RFX. Description doesn't sound familiar at the moment but I'll recheck when I get home. When I read jumping in air I thought of CP3 in his latest GQ shoot:lol:

I'll have some down time later. I'll get started on writing the bio for the blog in case it does happen so it can just be copy and pasted.

I'm thrilled to be on consideration for this project but without Wis on it, it's useless. Hell, my first post was edited about 5x from his advertisement. DB wouldn't be complete without you fam. Also, you seem to have tumblr down pat from your own blog.

Appreciate the feedback. Would you guys recommend me using the same tailor or trying someone new? It seemed pretty difficult to explain what I wanted done to the last lady I went to. But I'm thinking she may cut me a better deal since she didn't get it right the first time.

We can call ourselves the Seam Team :lol: dressing seamlessly.

Lollll

Skeezy, your last paragraph is exactly what I'm suggesting.

Wj4, you can have a group blog on Tumblr. Can't remember where you guys are geographically, but we can create a schedule then it's on the onus of the individual to keep up or queue their posts.

Maybe have a vote for who should be on the team? 6 regulars? I think you're being humble wj4, and i'll say you're definitely a first entry ballot lol. There's a few obvious others, but let the people decide.

Content wise, maybe it's the art of shopping? Or the Seam Team's take on transitioning to the Gentleman's lifestyle from College to progressing into Careers or being fitted for a wedding. A take on coming of age lol. The idea of it doesn't hurt to be overdressed than underdressed.

Last edited:
Heads up UO has some lettermans for cheap. Went to International plaza (tampa) yesterday & they were 39.99. Not the best quality but nice for the price.

Appreciate the feedback. Would you guys recommend me using the same tailor or trying someone new? It seemed pretty difficult to explain what I wanted done to the last lady I went to. But I'm thinking she may cut me a better deal since she didn't get it right the first time.

if you told her you wanted them slimmer to begin with then she shouldnt charge you anything if they didn't come out the way you want. however, all the tapering and slimming in the world is not going to make the jacket fit.

question bros, how does this look to you guys?

i love the fit of this suit, have had it for almost 2 years, now i like my stuff fit, but i dont want it to look bad and ive been working out alot more lately, doubt ive put on much mass at all, but the arms are starting to feel a little snug...now does it look terrible or is it acceptable, doesnt look like this when im relaxed, only when i stretch my arms back, its not at the point where my movement is restricted at all, just concern about the aesthetics of it...basically what im asking, is stacking on the arms acceptable at any time?...or is the suit supposed to look flushed at all times regardless of movement, not sure if that makes sense to ya...lol

suit is ok

but

Not feeling the button down collar, maybe if you buttoned it down, or was a stiff collar

The shirt looks like a thin spring/summer shirt while the tweed tie looks fall/winterish.

Colors looks fine though

Back
Top Bottom